Just Can't Find the Right Headphones for Me
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #16 of 22
Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that not everyone has the luxury to try before they buy. Whilst the internet has made it incredibly easy for us to order things from other countries, if they're not available locally, many people rely on reviews for when a product isn't available in their local market.

I understand that but seeing as the OP makes reference to being at an engineering school with a full prototyping lab. This would normally make it a fairly large institution so I'm going to bet that someone else in that population probably owns most of the products we are discussing and would provide the opportunity to listen to a lot of different iems if you took the trouble to setup a meet.

I live in a smaller community without any dedicated audio shops, but I travel to meets when I can and we actively trade things around to test. I've eve sent things to others to audition via UPS on occasion so even if it isn't immediately available, with a little work it is often possible. Again, the more you spend, the less likely I would be to use reviews alone in making my decision even if it means postponing the decision and planning to travel.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 22
I understand that but seeing as the OP makes reference to being at an engineering school with a full prototyping lab. This would normally make it a fairly large institution so I'm going to bet that someone else in that population probably owns most of the products we are discussing and would provide the opportunity to listen to a lot of different iems if you took the trouble to setup a meet.

I live in a smaller community without any dedicated audio shops, but I travel to meets when I can and we actively trade things around to test. I've eve sent things to others to audition via UPS on occasion so even if it isn't immediately available, with a little work it is often possible. Again, the more you spend, the less likely I would be to use reviews alone in making my decision even if it means postponing the decision and planning to travel.

Be interesting to check out. It's not a audio lab by any means. Likewise, I don't quite have the funds to go around and simply try. But, none the less, would not be a bad idea to post something. A few of our electrical engineering department probably has a few audiophiles.

Anyways, I think my goal here is to grab the GR07. Likewise, I'm going to strip my KZ ZS5 apart and design a new housing/crossover for them in the lab. I'm going to try doing some custom work with them. :)

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #19 of 22
FLC8S - seek no further :)

Yes and if you can get them for sub-$200 Canadian as the OP specified that is indeed a heckuva deal as they usually go for $350 US.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #22 of 22
Get the lz-a4. There's a reason it's one of the most popular IEMs here on head-fi. I don't think anyone will argue that there's a better all-rounder for under $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back