Just bought the RUBBISH Astell & Kern AK120 ii .... PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG ! THIS MUST BE A BAD JOKE ??? (Merged)
Jan 15, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #31 of 58
My advice is for you to return the device and to buy an Android based dedicated DAP. There are a few in development / beginning of production at the moment, like the Echobox Explorer X1: 
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/echobox-the-evolution-of-personal-audio#/

You can ask them all the questions you want here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/749496/echobox-the-unveiling-ces-2015

It's got a very adaptable software and it will be able to use the Google Play store, so I am quite sure it will make searching by composer possible. My (Android) mobile phone can.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #32 of 58
Wow you guys are very wierd!

This is a reply from Raketen, who apparently has made more than 500 posts here!

"This is audiophile DAP, you should be glad it scans tags at all...  or at least that it has a display"

So because it's a DAP i should just count myself lucky it has a screen, and can read any tags... wow.

...and because I think it's ridiculous a music player cant search via the composer, jnorris says im "pompous" and "self-important."

I have actually found MANY MORE FAULTS WITH THE PIECE OF JUNK THAT IS THE ASTELL AND KERN AK120 ii
When i try to move music from my computer to the device it fails 90% of the time, saying it "could not copy file"

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

£1400 for a music player, on which you cant search for music by composer, and 90% of the time you cant copy music to it

NEVER BUY ANY ASTELL AND KERN PRODUCTS. THEY ARE A DISGUSTING, GREEDY COMPANY, WHO RELEASE POORLY DESIGNED, OVER PRICED DEVICES THAT ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #33 of 58
I've got a Sony MiniDisc player I'm selling if you're interested.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #34 of 58
Alright already! Send it back. Move on. Get over it.
You don't like it. We all understand.
You don't like ASTELL AND KERN AK120 ii

Jan 15, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #39 of 58
  No thanks Solrighal - I'm saving up to buy a wax cylinder player - anything would be better than the PIECE OF CR@P ASTELL AND KERN !

You need to chill out pal. Seriously. There's very few people out there buying portable equipment to exclusively play classical music. Deal with it. Or follow my advice.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #40 of 58
I can only read this thread and laugh. Imagine how the OP would react to something that actually had some importance.
eek.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #42 of 58
"NEVER BUY ANY ASTELL AND KERN PRODUCTS. THEY ARE A DISGUSTING, GREEDY COMPANY, WHO RELEASE POORLY DESIGNED, OVER PRICED DEVICES THAT ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE."

I think the OP might have broken his "Caps Lock" key.  Now if only the rest of his keyboard would fail...

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #43 of 58
wow did AK eat his first born child it an audio player not life and death. I have the ak100 ii and have had exactly the opisate experiences to him so go figure. Its far from a piece of junk.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #44 of 58
Edit: Merged the new and old threads about this.

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #45 of 58
I have owned the Astell and Kern ak120ii for about 2 months now, and I BITTERLY regret not returning it.

I have numerous folders on the device, but I cannot rename them. It is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS that i cannot move files, or rename them.

I plug the device into a PC - it lists the contents like a memory stick - so far so good. I  try to rename, a folder, or move files about - and the device crashes

EVERY TIME
not once
every time

The device simply becomes unresponsive. I have tried  device on other PC's - same thing. Whenever I try to rename or move files from one folder to another.... it crashes.

Others have said this is a limitation of the android file transfer system is not a valid reason for this INCOMPETENCE of design. Astell and Kern decided to use the android system, so they decided to use a system that doesn't work. I get annoyed with the PIECE of CR@P ASTELL AND KERN product every single day. It is just staggering that IRIVER could release a product to the market, that doesn't let you move files about on it, or rename folders. It was dishonest of them to release a buggy product to the market - and what's worse, the AK120 ii is just that - Mark 2!!! they could have addressed the issues, but no - GREEDY ASTELL AND KERN just decided to release a POORLY DESIGNED PRODUCT TO THE MARKET.

ASTELL AND KERN = dishonest company

I am in the process of designing a web page to warn people of the DISASTER THAT ARE ASTELL AND KERN PRODUCTS. Initially I thought that the issues were confined to the AK120 ii, but upon perusing these forums, then using an AK240, i have discovered that Iriver are just casually releasing buggy products.

People thinking of paying huge sums of money for these items need to be warned. Shame on IRIVER for releasing these OVERPRICED, BUGGY ITEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back