Just bought some new headphones for... $15! Wanna know how they sound?
Feb 8, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 29
I can't believe I looked through this thread.

I can't believe I took the time to post this.

/self

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #19 of 29
Those ain't got nothin' on my amazing Sony MDR-V100's!

tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lolz... Naaa there just from New Zealand with a weird brand. That only result is someone selling them (for $50 :O) on an online auction site.

I wouldn't exactly call Sanyo a weird brand.....

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
requestiong a/b test vs bose triports

Buy me some and I will!
biggrin.gif
I think we already know what will win... SANYO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't exactly call Sanyo a weird brand.....

It's not? Mmm I didnt know that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Requiest to do A/B with A900's!!!!

Hahaha, give them to your sister as a b-day present...

Hehe... As I said, buy me some A900's and I'll compare them!

Yeah, well, my sister's really into her Koss UR/10's... To me they sound dark and muddy. To her they sound like heaven.
eggosmile.gif

ATM they are burning in. I'll do one last sound test (although I don't really think they sound that good, nowhere near as good as the KSC-75's) and if I find them not worth keeping, I'll rip of the pads and stuff and use them for modding my MS1's
cool.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yo take the driver out and replace it with the ksc drivers, probably the best $30 headphones in the market!

Genius! GENIUS!

But... How would the KSC drivers be in a closed housing? Would I have to make a hole or something?

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #26 of 29
Feb 9, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea theres a couple of threads where people used older headphones and made holes for the ksc75 drivers. I'll try to find some for you.

EDIT: heres one where someone put it into some sonys
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ight=ksc75+mod

mmm... I'm not sure. I don't really use my KSC-75's much since I have my MS1's. Anyway, I'm using the pads from the Sanyo's to mod my MS1's
biggrin.gif
. Maybe some day I'll mod the sanyos more.

Apr 27, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #28 of 29
I found sanyo shpx510's sound darn good for its price. perhaps its sound is not very well refined, but occasionally pumps out decent soundstage, not very up front, but pretty wide. good for instrumental big band music, IMHO.

it's closed design, while isolation is not great, just good enough not to disturb my colleague at work. perhaps it'd be difficult to get something like this at this price, especially in NZ. Incredible quality for a warehouse product
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, warehouse is a wallmart style chain in NZ. for some reason, Sanyo's products are exclusively sold through warehouse chains here. Since warehouse products are generally considered poor quality, people here tend to think this is a "weird" no-name brand.. Sanyo engineers in Japan may be a little upset lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back