Just bought Shure SRH440 - disappointed at isolation
Nov 5, 2009 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

horribleman

New Head-Fier
Hey there.

I just received my Shure SRH440s this morning at work, and have been enjoying them all day.

However when it came to getting the train home, I found the isolation severely lacking. I mean, I had to have the volume up way too loud to properly listen to the music properly.

I really wanted the isolation to be better, I'm not after perfection, and I'm not sure I want noise cancelling, but I would consider them.

So, what do I need? I am happy with the sound quality, I just need comfy phones that I can carry about and will enjoy listening to on the train.

I have some iems, but I prefer the sound cans make.

Budget is up to around £150, could stretch a bit.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't think you're going to find isolation in closed cans that can completely block out a train or subway. Even IEMs won't be able to manage that.

A bus, on the other hand, should be fine.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you're going to find isolation in closed cans that can completely block out a train or subway. Even IEMs won't be able to manage that.

A bus, on the other hand, should be fine.

Actually, I find that IEMs w/ foams can deliver that. Might want to look into that.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 11
My IEMs can block out the noise of a train or subway so long as I insert them properly. Could the OP comment on the sound quality and comfort of the SRH440? Are they even remotely as good as their big brother the SRH840?

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 11
I haven't heard the 840s, but I have to say I find the sq of the 440s fantastic. The instrument separation and presentation is the best I've heard since I had my Senny HD 555s. They are comfortable as well.

For the what? £70 you can get them for they really are special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back