Just bought monster turbine pearl
Apr 18, 2011 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

johneu94

New Head-Fier
Hi im new to this page, but i was wondering if you could help me, i just bought monster turbine pearl earphones for 200 on best buy,
I really liked them, i used to have the klipsh s4 but after 2 months they broke. 
I think these sound better, but as i have seen in some thread, most of you hate monster, so i wanted to know which earphones I should get that sound great, and are very durable, because i use my iem all the day, to go for a run, for the gym, for playing soccer, i even sleap with them(maybe thats what breaks them), so yeah thats about it.
thanks for your time :)

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 11
Good to hear your new purchase!
I believe the negativity is towards the beats range from monster. The turbine series are great and are respected here. I havent heard much about the pearls but i have heard the standard turbines and the coppers. I am very sure the pearls are a full step up from the s4s. Build quality wise, the coppers are like shiny tanks so the pearls should be great too!

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 11
I thought the Pearls were just white Turbine Pros...  If not, should be interesting.

That being said, there are two types of Monster hatred here:

1) Folks who despise Monster's business practices and pricing (They sue just about every company that uses Monster in their name)
2) The Beats line, which is generally regarded as branding over function.

The problem is, as much as I'd like to hate Monster, I really like the Turbines. 

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 11
Thabks for explaining me the monster hatred, but could you now advice me on which IEM should I get for less than 200 that are better than these, and i can buy at best buy so i can buy the replacement plan, because of sleeping with them the cable breaks

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 11
Check out shure se215's for a budget model.  Great warrenty replacement from shure, and also comes with replaceable cables.

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 11
Hatred is mostly directed to the beats line and other none turbine series products, the only good product line is the turbine series.

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 11
Hmmm, I tried the Turbines for napping and they stick out too far for anything other than lying on your back.  I actually sleep in JVC Marshmallows due to comfort and that they are essentially disposable.  How much SQ do I need when I'm asleep?

My wife stole them though, but I've also realized i like to hear sirens, fire alarms, broken windows, etc, when I sleep...

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:

My wife stole them though, but I've also realized i like to hear sirens, fire alarms, broken windows, etc, when I sleep...

The IE8's w/ comply tips are great for that. It is really easy to carry a conversation with them while music plays @ low volume; not to mention they are very comfy
smile.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Thabks for explaining me the monster hatred, but could you now advice me on which IEM should I get for less than 200 that are better than these, and i can buy at best buy so i can buy the replacement plan, because of sleeping with them the cable breaks

GR07 and DBA-02.  Good complimentary phones.  Pick your preferred sound.  BTW, I still have my Monster MD's and you can in my sig what I've gotten rid of and kept.  Don't let people tell you what you like, they're your ears.  How we hear is almost as unique as a fingerprint.  The idea is to read and figure out who has fingerprints closest to yours around here.  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back