Just bought a SNES
Aug 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Yo guys,

I just got my SNES in the mail a few days back and I've been restoring it. I fully cleaned the entire case and circuit board. I popped in a new cartridge slot and modded the console to play Super Famicom games. I had to clean the controllers as they were gunked up with nicotine and dust. The previous owner was a smoker so the system has some slight yellowing on the underside but the top is still perfect. I managed to get rid of the yellowing on the top by soaking it in OxiClean, baking soda, and putting a UV light above it. Too bad the bottom didn't clean up well.

So far I've been digging it. Bought a few rare games (Megaman X, Super Metroid) and have been loving it. The performance on this unit is really good. The Retron3 holds up well but the audio is really distorted. Anyways I am trying so source some other games like Hagane, but it's really rare and is expensive. 

And now most of my gaming systems.

I have three Gamecubes, two PS2's, two PSX's, two PS3's, one XBOX, one XBOX 360, one SNES, one NES, three Genesis, two Master System, two Dreamcast, three Saturn's, two Nintendo 64's, one Wii, one GameBoy, one Gameboy Pocket, one GameBoy Color, two GameBoy Advance, one GameBoy Advance SP, one DS Lite, one DSi, one DSi XL, one PSP, one VITA, two 3DS, one Atari 2600, one Commodore 64

Quite a lot eh? I believe that's all of them.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 45
Hi,

You remove the tabs inside the cartridge slot and it allows the games to fit into the system. I bought a defective SNES from a friend and modded it's cartridge bay. I then put the bay into my working SNES. The SNES can now play Japanese games. Another alternative is to use a GameGenie.

I'm also looking to mod it to play PAL games. I just need to find a guide on how to install the region switching switch.

Quote:
thats really cool! how did you mod it to play famicon games?

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 45
Hi,

It's probably Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn. Next would be Biohazard Trial Edition for the PSX.

Quote:
thats really cool I think I might try that. You have one heck of a collection too. So whats the rarest game you own?

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 45
Very awesome!  Makes me really wish I would've held onto every system I've purchased so I could have a setup like this.  I have emulators on the PC, but obviously...it's nowhere near the same.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 45
Nice collection there! Makes my collection seem inadequate, and it's not exactly a small one, either. (NES*2, SNES*2, Genesis, N64, PSone, Saturn, Xbox*2, Wii, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, PSP, 3DS. Also had a Neo-Geo CD top-loader at one point, but resold it due to a lot of the games I wanted only being available in AES/MVS cart form...that and loading times. Dear god, the loading times...)

I don't think Panzer Dragoon is that rare of a Saturn game, though. Not unless you mean Panzer Dragoon Saga, which is a rare and expensive release...in the West, anyway. The Japanese release (AZEL: Panzer Dragoon RPG) is actually pretty cheap, but obviously not in a language most of us understand.

On the other hand, I don't really have any rare games myself, not unless you want to count Steel Battalion and its huge controller.

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 45
Hi,

Yes I meant Panzer Dragoon Saga, I have a brand new copy that my dad bought ages ago, so it's worth a lot. I also have an open copy that's pretty tattered. I do have the Japanese release as well and I can read most Japanese. I'm not fluent at all but am studying it.

I have Steel Battalion for the Xbox along with it's controller, I never liked the game much but I held onto it because I thought it was cool. 

A few rarer games I have are:

1) Super Mario R.P.G. (SNES, Brand New)
2) 悪魔上ドラキュラ XX (SNES, Castlevania Dracula X)
3) 悪魔上ドラキュラXX 月下の夜想曲(Sega Saturn, Brand New)
4) バイオハザード体験版 (Biohazard Trial Edition)
5) Silent Hill 体験版 (Silent Hill Trial Edition)
6) バイオハザード 2 プロトタイプ (Biohazard 2 Prototype)

Quote:
Nice collection there! Makes my collection seem inadequate, and it's not exactly a small one, either. (NES*2, SNES*2, Genesis, N64, PSone, Saturn, Xbox*2, Wii, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, PSP, 3DS. Also had a Neo-Geo CD top-loader at one point, but resold it due to a lot of the games I wanted only being available in AES/MVS cart form...that and loading times. Dear god, the loading times...)

I don't think Panzer Dragoon is that rare of a Saturn game, though. Not unless you mean Panzer Dragoon Saga, which is a rare and expensive release...in the West, anyway. The Japanese release (AZEL: Panzer Dragoon RPG) is actually pretty cheap, but obviously not in a language most of us understand.

On the other hand, I don't really have any rare games myself, not unless you want to count Steel Battalion and its huge controller.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 45
Zombie get fzero it was the best version, i had a super nintendo years ago and it was my favourite game on it..it has never been bettered!

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 45
Yo,

I already have two copies of F-Zero :wink:

On a different note, does anyone know of a S-Video to HDMI upscaler that preserves the 4:3 aspect ration? I have to buy a new TV as my old one is starting to die :frowning2: All the modern ones I've looked at lack S-Video. My NAD T-747 has S-Video input, but the upscaler stretched the image to 16:9.

Quote:
Zombie get fzero it was the best version, i had a super nintendo years ago and it was my favourite game on it..it has never been bettered!

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:
Yo,

I already have two copies of F-Zero :wink:

On a different note, does anyone know of a S-Video to HDMI upscaler that preserves the 4:3 aspect ration? I have to buy a new TV as my old one is starting to die :frowning2: All the modern ones I've looked at lack S-Video. My NAD T-747 has S-Video input, but the upscaler stretched the image to 16:9.

I bought 4 fzero ax motion arcade machines for my finca in ibiza..so i can have four player races..they move about aswell! p.s Why don't you just get your tv fixed!

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 45
Hi,

I am using this as an excuse to upgrade to a 42" TV. My old 32" has outlasted itself and the repair is almost as much as a new TV.

Quote:
I bought 4 fzero ax motion arcade machines for my finca in ibiza..so i can have four player races..they move about aswell! p.s Why don't you just get your tv fixed!

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #15 of 45
Hey,

Heh, I have a gaming channel on YouTube as well if you want to see my gaming video's. Mostly PS3 and Xbox360 videos but I do have some PS1 games on that channel. I haven't uploaded anything in a long while though..

Quote:
Zombie why don't you record yourself playing your super nintendo and upload them to this thread so we can watch them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back