Just bought a SNES
Sep 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #31 of 45
Hey,

I have all three models of the Genesis. I grew up on NES and the Genesis model 2. In fact I may prefer my Genesis, Sure the SNES is more capable but the Genesis is more nostalgic to me.

Quote:
Am I the only sega guy in this place?
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:
Hey,

I have all three models of the Genesis. I grew up on NES and the Genesis model 2. In fact I may prefer my Genesis, Sure the SNES is more capable but the Genesis is more nostalgic to me.

I grew up with a sega cdx, in fact my name is a reference to the intro theme to sonic cd.When I was a kid I got to play the snes alot at my friends house and I picked one up a few years ago, I like it but it dose not have the soul the genises has.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #34 of 45
Yo,

The CDX is rare, do you still have your's? I've been hunting for one on the cheap but have yet to find one for under $100.

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:
Yo,

The CDX is rare, do you still have your's? I've been hunting for one on the cheap but have yet to find one for under $100.

DANG, yea I liked Sega as well as SNES, again the dream cast was awesome, I'd love to try some of those OLD Disk Sega systems :O 

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:
Yo,

I have 2 of them, I have my original that I have the box for and everything that I keep on a display shelf, and I have one on a separate shelf that's with my other consoles that I play.

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:
I also have a jvc xeye and another cdx that don't work right now that I want to restore when I can get a day off.

:O awesome dude! You sir are a true vintage gamer >.> 

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:
Thanks. It used to be my big hobby, then I bought a pair of grado sr225s...

I know right >.> 

still Super Nintendo OST are some nice stuff! and when I heard my first loseless... I could tell the differance so the two could work together xD maybe

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:
Picked up a brick SNES that shows 0 signs of yellowing.  Comparing the PQ - the SNES Jr. pwns it so hard it's not even funny.

I find that hard to believe if the Jr. model isn't even modified to restore RGB and S-Video output. I can't stand those models because of that, even if it would be a cinch for me to solder some wires and restore the capability for vibrant, pixel-perfect RGB.

However, it is widely regarded that out of the original North American SNES models, the second-revision ones with the molded Eject button and bottom labeling have better RGB quality than the original ones with printed Eject button and bottom labeling.

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

I find that hard to believe if the Jr. model isn't even modified to restore RGB and S-Video output. I can't stand those models because of that, even if it would be a cinch for me to solder some wires and restore the capability for vibrant, pixel-perfect RGB.

However, it is widely regarded that out of the original North American SNES models, the second-revision ones with the molded Eject button and bottom labeling have better RGB quality than the original ones with printed Eject button and bottom labeling.

So the big boy SNES I picked up I am pretty sure is the two board or whatever it is called model from the original run, what you mention I believe is called the 1-chip.  The Eject button of mine is printed rather than extruded.  Also the difference in image quality is not just subtle, it's pretty substantial.  I won't disagree with you about form factor.  Something about the ridiculous size and weight of the OG SNES is much more satisfying than the small and hollow feeling Jr.  In my quest for finding spare Nintendo brand a/v cables last night I stumbled upon a RGB Gamecube cable bundled with the system for $20.  That's an epic score!

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #44 of 45
I grew up on ;_; chinese bootleg famicom or something haha so I've been trying to get back to playing a bunch of snes games.  Mostly in roms because snes is hard to find at a non collector price nowadays or you just have to get lucky to find one on the flea market or something.  My friend used to have a snes before he moved.  Playing on the controller just feels through the system just feels much better than playing on an emulator for some reason.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:
I grew up on ;_; chinese bootleg famicom or something haha so I've been trying to get back to playing a bunch of snes games.  Mostly in roms because snes is hard to find at a non collector price nowadays or you just have to get lucky to find one on the flea market or something.  My friend used to have a snes before he moved.  Playing on the controller just feels through the system just feels much better than playing on an emulator for some reason.

Ofc, I like emulating with wii, since the Wii Classic Controller + is essitanly a SNES controller with Joy Sticks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back