Just another KSC75 thread!
Apr 18, 2007 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Gurra1980

1000+ Head-Fier
Now I know what you people are talking about. I bought them for a couple of hours ago and I can't belive my ears! I got eargasms!

basshead.gif
eggosmile.gif
blink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have been thinking of buying them for some time now, but each time I have been thinking of getting them I have been ending up with a new CD instead (not bad buying cds though) but this time I got them.

Lets just hope I love them as much in a couple of weeks, so that it is not just the first impression that is good.

Do they change over time? (not that they need)

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 14
I am too impressed with them.
I noticed after two weeks of use that the seem to get a little brighter and the bass comes out more. This is either due to burn in or me getting use to them (I tend to think the latter).

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 14
The things that impresses me is that they have the ability to make things sound real and that they have so great soundstage and air, I think that they complement my senns pretty vell, they have the aggressive, brighter sound that my HD650 lacks. At this price it is remarkable (as that hasn't been said before
tongue.gif
)

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 14
Will these fit into an Altoids tin???

I keep reading about the 75's here ... including quite a few people who prefer them to the PX100 which I'm planning to order when I get some birthday cash. I'd love to save $20 or so and get the 75's instead, but I'm having trouble getting over that "leftover from the 80's" look. I feel like I need to wear them with a skinny keyboard necktie, Dockers, a Members Only jacket (with sleeves pushed up to the elbows), and some boat shoes or Vans.

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 14
^Um, I think you're confusing KSC75 with the PortaPro.

The KSC75 just look like typical clip-ons. It's more 'street-style' than 80s :/

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will these fit into an Altoids tin???

no they won't; unless you remove the clips of course. and little do you know that one day you have suddenly lost the clips for 'em
tongue.gif

still looking for a good case for them though. this may sound funny, but as of now i just put them in an empty box of citre fresh hair creme lol
tongue.gif
i wanna take care of my stuffs
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no they won't; unless you remove the clips of course. and little do you know that one day you have suddenly lost the clips for 'em
tongue.gif

still looking for a good case for them though.

well, darn I guess. I have an irrational aversion to clip-ons, so that took away the one last thing that might have given me some way to rationalize trying them.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, darn I guess. I have an irrational aversion to clip-ons, so that took away the one last thing that might have given me some way to rationalize trying them.

No problem. Just because they're an overwhelming favorite here on Head-Fi and one of the best sounding phones available, regardless of price, whether you choose to buy them or not is completely your decision. And if your choice is not to buy them because they won't fit into an Altoids tin, well, then I guess that's your right. I guess my priorities on buying phones is a bit different than yours. To each his or her own.

Apr 18, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #11 of 14
Everytime I listen to my KSC35 straight out of an iPod Shuffle, I think about selling all my audio equipment. If I were going to be marooned on an island, I'd pick the KSC35s as the one can to bring with me, even over the Senn 650.

One word to describe the Koss phones: effortless. They spit the beats like Carlos Beltran tracks down fly balls.

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem. Just because they're an overwhelming favorite here on Head-Fi and one of the best sounding phones available, regardless of price, whether you choose to buy them or not is completely your decision. And if your choice is not to buy them because they won't fit into an Altoids tin, well, then I guess that's your right. I guess my priorities on buying phones is a bit different than yours. To each his or her own.

I said I have an irrational aversion to clip-ons. I'm willing to acknowledge I'm probably wrong to judge them for this reason, so you don't have to get defensive about it.

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #13 of 14
Hey, no problem here. Your comments just struck me as funny. (won't fit in an Altoids tin? leftover from the 80's look?) Again, different strokes...

I hope you enjoy your PX100's, if that's what you end up choosing. Lots of folks around here like 'em so I'm sure they'll be a good choice, too.

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #14 of 14
Well whatever I get I need to be able to throw in my lunch bag to transport to work everyday. This is one reason the PX100's are attractive to me because of the sunglass case. I'm sure I could find some small plastic box that would hold the KSC75's though.

I'm thinking about it. The money saved would leave me enough in my overall budget to spring for JBL 220's instead of the CX300's I was gonna get. decision, decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back