Just announced: Norm of Go-Vibe is leaving the business after one last amp
Aug 9, 2007 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

facelvega

Headphoneus Supremus
It seems like nobody has posted this yet, so I though I ought to. I'm pasting in from the Go-Vibe website:

"Latest News:

The Go-Vibe V6 is sold out! Details on the upcoming V7 will be posted here shortly when the new amp is available for purchase.
The V7 will be limited to a run of just 50 units!
The V7 will be the last in the famous Go-Vibe line up as I will be retiring permanently from the amp business. I will of course continue to offer support for any Go-Vibe amps requiring service."

http://www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com/

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 61
That's really quite sad. My first and only amp is a Go-vibe V5 which I really love. I was kinda hoping I would save up enough for a V8. Guess I would never see that day.

Anyway, I hope Norm enjoys his retirement.

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 61
Too bad he's leaving the business again. One of Norms amps was my first.
Hope the cause of him leaving isn't something bad. He and his products were great to have around.

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 61
I just grabbed a V6 off the FS forum just for the heck of it, to try out in my portable rig, and took a look at Norm's site just to see if he'd announced why he was clearing out the V6 stock. What an unpleasant surprise. I too hope all is well for Norm, and he's just heading on to greener pastures. And maybe in a couple of years he'll get nostalgic for Go-Vibe again...

Norm was the only portable amp maker left who showed you could sell a good amp with full customer support for a reasonable price. Kind of a shame that now until someone steps up to the plate again, affordable portable amps have gone the way of the dodo. Now we have 26 options ranging from $150 to whatever those absurd boutique ones cost. That is, unless you want to stop complaining and head into DIY.

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 61
I don't know if anyone has checked the Go-Vibe website lately, but it states:

"The V7 will be the last in the famous Go-Vibe line up as I will be retiring permanently from the amp business. I will of course continue to offer support for any Go-Vibe amps requiring service."

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 61
Well. . . . . it would appear so. I don't think he could be much more clear but I could be wrong. . .. I guess.

Aug 9, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 61
Also, is there anyway to up the gain on the V6, could Norm do it if I sent it back to him? Also, if V7 has variable gain I'll be all over it.

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 61
Still enjoying my GV3.
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish Norm the best of luck moving forward.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just grabbed a V6 off the FS forum just for the heck of it, to try out in my portable rig, and took a look at Norm's site just to see if he'd announced why he was clearing out the V6 stock. What an unpleasant surprise. I too hope all is well for Norm, and he's just heading on to greener pastures. And maybe in a couple of years he'll get nostalgic for Go-Vibe again...

Norm was the only portable amp maker left who showed you could sell a good amp with full customer support for a reasonable price. Kind of a shame that now until someone steps up to the plate again, affordable portable amps have gone the way of the dodo. Now we have 26 options ranging from $150 to whatever those absurd boutique ones cost. That is, unless you want to stop complaining and head into DIY.

You forget Gary. Even if you don't like the PA2V2, I think he fits the description.

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 61
Sad to see him go again. The first time was much worse though. At least this time there seem to be plenty of Go-Vibes to be had second-hand (I just hope people don't start inflating prices).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back