Jumping the gun on exam results
Apr 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

CDBacklash

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello, head-fi! What a glorious day!
It is good friday, the classes are over and it is exactly one week until my english literature final (highschool level) that I took up in the middle of last year!
As you may or may not know, I am australian born (as is my family), and we moved overseas to the chinese republic for work related reasons. Unfortunately this did not work out well and I ended up receiving a very poor education and was left in a position where I was not fluent in any language; especially written aspects!
Well, we have since moved back to australia and I have been taking this course since the middle of last year and am nearly at the time for my final examination. I feel confident that I will finally fit in as a normal australian citizen! My verbal skills have been good for a while now and my writing skill has evolved greatly in the last year.
I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I will pass the course if I get over 32%. Even if I get so nervous my english becomes bad as you may see on the forum, I think I can achieve at least this!
Suffice to say, I feel for the first time in my life, fluent in a language and now have the education above the average highschooler (I took the difficult subjects).
biggrin.gif

Next target: university!

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 9
Um, first... learn how to use paragraphs.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, first... learn how to use paragraphs.

Obviously he tired to make paragraphs, he just didn't double space them for the forums. And all of his paragraphs follow around one key focus, so I don't know what you find wrong about them...
-----------

Ignore this guy, I hope you do well!

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously he tired to make paragraphs, he just didn't double space them for the forums. And all of his paragraphs follow around one key focus, so I don't know what you find wrong about them...
-----------

Ignore this guy, I hope you do well!

I didn't try much: it's a forum, not an english paper. I dont think it needs excessive punctuation. Thanks for the support everyone.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Congrats on finishing your finals! I did a double-take when you said it was Friday; it is still very much Thursday on the US west coast!

And don't let an exam be the measurement of your success.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 9
oh..I thought you said gun jumping on exam. oops
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back