Juggling 8 pairs of headphones. Need help choosing!
Apr 24, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #31 of 46

Quote:

Ultrasone HFI-580

No body does Electronic timbre like Ultrasone and the bass on the 50mm driver is the most proficient on the list for a reasonable price if found around $130.

+1

denons shoulld have more sub-bass though, and ultrasones are typically only good for electronic with them having an odd sounding sound signature with any other genres.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #32 of 46

Quote:

+1

denons shoulld have more sub-bass though, and ultrasones are typically only good for electronic with them having an odd sounding sound signature with any other genres.

The more forward bass of the HFI580 also presents more detail and textures in the low end.  Makes sense since they are a bass monitor.  They have more balanced mids which is better for lyrics in Hip Hop and Rap.  For anything other than Hip Hop and Electronic the Denon would be the better overall choice but if that's the OP's focus I don't think you can go wrong.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #33 of 46
Quote:
i believe the first reply to the OP also mentioned this
wink.gif

great minds think alike i suppose - keep it simple -

Ofcourse :p

But still, its all good and well we recommend the D2k, but if he wants portable I cant help but think V-moda M80... now if only I owned one to compare.
Or just stick with the PX100

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #34 of 46

Quote:

The more forward bass of the HFI580 also presents more detail and textures in the low end.  Makes sense since they are a bass monitor.  They have more balanced mids which is better for lyrics in Hip Hop and Rap.  For anything other than Hip Hop and Electronic the Denon would be the better overall choice but if that's the OP's focus I don't think you can go wrong.

thanks.

usually i'd give the hiphop/rap advantage to the denons as well though just because they are darker sounding than the 580s but yeah definitely agree

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #35 of 46
I'm just gonna throw in my vote for the D2k, my favorite fullsized headphone you have on that list. IMO the HFI-780's treble made everything sound sibilant, even bass drums. the HD25 II-1 are also pretty sweet.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #36 of 46
Denon AH-D2000, no question ask. :)

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #37 of 46
After much deliberation and research, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of D2000s from J&R, should come early next week. I am pretty excited, and especially grateful for all the input you guys have offered me thus far. I guess now it's just amp debating within my price range: Asking myself if the E10 is worth the upgrade over my motherboard audio? Is the ability to portable amp (E17) worth almost double what I'd pay for a desktop amp (E10) or no amp at all for now, as some of you suggested. I guess the only time I'd want to use a portable amp is on a road trip, which sadly isn't often. Decisions, decisions.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #38 of 46

Quote:
After much deliberation and research, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of D2000s from J&R, should come early next week. I am pretty excited, and especially grateful for all the input you guys have offered me thus far. I guess now it's just amp debating within my price range: Asking myself if the E10 is worth the upgrade over my motherboard audio? Is the ability to portable amp (E17) worth almost double what I'd pay for a desktop amp (E10) or no amp at all for now, as some of you suggested. I guess the only time I'd want to use a portable amp is on a road trip, which sadly isn't often. Decisions, decisions.

if you think the decisions/spending is over after getting an amp, you are sadly mistaken. stay on this forum long enough and you will own several headphones and amps in a short while 
evil_smiley.gif

have fun, and.... sorry about your wallet.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #39 of 46

Quote:

if you think the decisions/spending is over after getting an amp, you are sadly mistaken. stay on this forum long enough and you will own several headphones and amps in a short while 
evil_smiley.gif

have fun, and.... sorry about your wallet.

+1

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #41 of 46
Out of those I would go with either the ATH-M50 or SRH840. Can't really go wrong for the price, pick the M50 if you want a bit more kick out of the bass.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #42 of 46
I would pass on all of them except for the V-Moda M-80.

Just my opinion though.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #44 of 46
Does anyone know by chance which Amazon-fulfilled seller with the E10 is more likely to carry the latest version of it?

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #45 of 46
SRH940 user here.

Powering it via DACport.

Great clarity and detail. Might be too clinical for some.
Don't sound like a closed cans.
Not musical for sure, and a little bass light for me.

However, it's the only pair of cans I kept. I've sold, HD650, W1000 and a few other lower end cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back