Jude's comparison of UE-10s E500's
Jun 29, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 23
Awhile back there was an E500 impression thread where I threw water in the idea that the E500 actually sounded better then UE-10s. Theat was after a number of members had a brief listen to them and the general conscious was they sounded better. I didn't like the fact that impressions were done only by a very short listening period and wasn't a true comparison.

I just like to say that from talking for a senor member in the forums here who now has both the E500s and UE-10s. That the UE-10s are without a doubt better headphone.

Both the headphones had gone through the burn in and he/she had exact weakinesses of E500. He/she did comment that it was the best sounding non-custom IEM he/she had hear.

I enjoy hearing Judes comments but I also tend to doubt Jude will comment about them, so I decided to post this.

Jun 29, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 23
But, who was your source of information? Otherwise, you are simply reconveying second hand information that is specious.

Don't be offended. I own the Ue-10 PRO and I seriously doubt any other IEM or even my Sennheiser HD650 with the Stefan AudioArts Equinox can equal its noise isolation or sound quality. We are amigos on that one buddy.

and,

smile.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
They are "titanium." Mike Dias of UE explains it here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=49.

Thanks Monkey! I thought they looked a little different - again, quite striking. I've been away from this forum for a while now, and recently lost my iPod, GoVibe & ETY-4P's on a business trip. So now I'm looking for replacements and boy some interesting new things have come up...The Hornet, Supermacro 4 (I'm frankly surprised he's only up to "4" given his penchant for cranking out new product!) E500's, UE Superfi's etc.

Just trying to find my bearings a little - then I start asking you experts for some sage advice!!

Jun 29, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #21 of 23
Welcome back, realworld. I feel your pain, I lost some portable gear on a flight a while ago. So frustrating. The good news is--as you correctly ascertained--that this is a good time to be in the market for new IEMs and an amp.

Jul 2, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
But, who was your source of information? Otherwise, you are simply reconveying second hand information that is specious.

Don't be offended. I own the Ue-10 PRO and I seriously doubt any other IEM or even my Sennheiser HD650 with the Stefan AudioArts Equinox can equal its noise isolation or sound quality. We are amigos on that one buddy.

and,

smile.gif

being that he/she is selling them, I don't think I would give there name. If he/she wants to come out then feel free.

Basically I told this person that I had the UE-10s and was thinking about getting the E500s for wife. I asked what is the difference like between the two.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back