Jude's comparison of UE-10s E500's
Jun 20, 2006 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

chrisfromalbany

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
UE-Front.jpg

Once the UE-10 Pro is properly fitted and seated, you're in for a treat.

Because I've been rather mobile this past week, I've been mostly listening to the SHURE E500 and the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro (both through a 2006 HeadRoom Total BitHead / PCDP combination and directly out of an iPod Shuffle). Needless to say, sonically, it has been a good week. I'll say more about the two in another thread in a little while.

I would be interested in seeing Jude's comparison between these two great headphones. I saw this posting awhile back and I don't see the follow up.

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 23
On a somewhat related note, I'd be interested to know if the E500's really benefit THAT much from amping? I've got my name in the hat for a pre-order and planned on going straight from the ZVM. Guess I could pick up a cheap portable amp but is it really worth the hassle of carrying yet another item with attendant cable? Anyone??

Jun 27, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 23
I think Headroom is going for $395 for the E500/PTH or at least it was when I pre-ordered. I think their site lists it for $499 but you get the discounted price when you add it to your cart.

Might be wrong but I think Flavio is matching that as well.

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
I think Headroom is going for $395 for the E500/PTH or at least it was when I pre-ordered. I think their site lists it for $499 but you get the discounted price when you add it to your cart.

Might be wrong but I think Flavio is matching that as well.

Todd has the same price when you click on TTVJ low price.

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
I'm interested, too. And just for the record, those are my UE-10s.
biggrin.gif

so yours and his ears are the same size??
confused.gif

btw, i'm interested in this too, but as edwood said, we probably won't see the review soon... but its cool, this is head-fi, not jude-fi!
biggrin.gif
2 weeks later we'll be flooded with initial impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back