JPLAY FEMTO is Fantastic
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joelha

100+ Head-Fier
JPLAY FEMTO was recently released.

It's a significant step beyond the previous version of JPLAY.

I've been a beta tester for the better part of two weeks and I find the sound to be outstanding.

It's my go to player at this time and I've used many different players in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.

Free trials are available and I'd highly recommend trying it.

Those who think all players sound the same might be surprised in this case.

You can learn more about JPLAY FEMTO and download a trial version at: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2645-jplay-classic-jplay-femto-released/

Joel

P.S. I've met both of the innovators of this software, Marcin and Josef, and they are very good guys.

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I've just tried the jplay femto trial version.

Although I did notice a difference in the music, things were more defined and sharper, more seperation etc, however, it is buggy and my antivirus and even my browsers were telling me that Jplay software and website is bad mmkay.

Everytime I booted up my nuc running win 10 64, I would get a "can't connect to 127.0.0.1" error. I tried numerous times to figure out what the problem was, although the fix was easy, restart the jplay.exe service, but I don't want to have to piss about and manually login to a headless nuc just to restart a service every time it boots up.

I suspect that delaying the service "Automatic delayed" may of been the cure ? however, Jplay would refuse to allow the "automatic delayed" service option, it repeatedly gave an error 83 or something, but manual and disabled and automatic were ok to select, whats wrong with automatic delayed ?

Although I did notice an audible difference when using jplay, the fact that the gui looks like it came from windows 98 and in some respect acts like it, I would however, not feel comfortable in handing over £130 for a piece of dodgy software, and that is a shame. I also did not like that "tips" were given by the weird process of windows notifications, which is huh, why not have tip's as a clickable ? next to whatever option.

If the gui was more fitting of 2019, and the software less buggy, I may of bought it, but to me, it feels like it's something thats still firmly entrenched in the beta stage of development.

Bring it up to date visually, iron out the bugs and make connection to roon less ghetto like and I would in all probability buy it. I understand the less is more approach, but still, if anti virus and browsers are telling me to stay away from jplay, and then I read on JRiver how it's likely to cause the cuban missile crisis all over again, and then we have ASR and other forums saying Jplay is bad.....enough said me thinks.

You could probably have a crazy seriously good app that should be on every music lovers computer, however, at the moment I could not recommend it or buy it. If it was like £20, I would take a punt, but not at the price listed on it's site.

Will come back in 2 years to see how things have progressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back