those are pretty...don't sound that bad either
tongue.gif
congrats and enjoy!

Mar 8, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dam this place!

W5000=on order!

lol, naaman - i expect a full review/comparison when you've gotten them in (on diyma as well)
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Will do
smily_headphones1.gif

My @#$# wallet hates this place.

Let's hope PriceJapan comes through.

if it helps, i had no problems going through them for my jvc hp-dx1000's
wink.gif
if i remember correctly, order arrived within 3-4 business days (via dhl)
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #38 of 54
The problem is that the W5000 is known to have different head band configurations. Check out my review of the W5000 against the F5000.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...40&postcount=9

Check out the hold thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been wanting to order a pair of these, but from reading previous post http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ighlight=w5000 there seems to be a fit problem for people with smaller to normal size heads. Has anyone had this problem with there W5000's?

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Has anyone noticed a improvement in fit? I have a normal-small size head and hope they fit right.

Only after bending the headband. It seems wrong, but it was the only way for me. And the results had a profound effect on the sound quality getting better. Otherwise I would have to listen with my hands holding the cans to my ears.

Cheers,

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are several excellent reviews/comparisons on W5000 here at Headfi. I dare not put myself in that league
tongue.gif
I will give some of my very first impression given I only had it less than 1 day:

when I compared W5000 and AD2000, I honestly put the price difference aside and tried not influenced by it at all. For a very short audition out of my Yamaha Z9 receiver's headphone section, here is what I have:

(1) Classical music, Pieter Wispelwey plays Kodaly's "Sonata for cello solo opus 8".
W5000 sounds like from an accoustically well constructed hall, soundstage is obviously wider but not as wide as AKG K701. There is a liquidity of the instruments that is hard to describe in words. Instrument separation is much clearer. Everything sound more "solid". AD2000 sounds more "airy" or a little emptiness like the recording was done in a huge empty warehouse, not echoy in any way though. a little bassy and full bodied. The airy side may be of the intrinsic open (vs. closed) design I guess ?

(2) Electronica, Delerium, Archives vol.1.
W5000's bass is super tight and fast, the impact is stronger in a sense like my head got pounded. Again wider stage and clearer instrument separation. AD2000 performances very well here as well. The bass is a little "boomy" in comparsion in a sense that each "attack" lasts longer.

(3) female vocal. Teresa Teng, the late Taiwainese star.
Oooooh, W5000 is so much sweeter here and I literally felt my heart was grabbed by her voice! ONLY now that I understand what other reviewers described "emotionally involving". All above differences apply here as well.

W5000 is a cut above AD2000 in almost everyway, at least in the music I've listened. Well AD2000 is by no means a bad phone, quite the contrary it is a GREAT phone, it is just W5000 is even greater
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the impressions! The W5000 are on my most-wanted list and your impressions make me want them more.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But there always is another shoe to fall. You will fine some things that just don't fit well. But that it the nature of things.

I'd like to hear your input concerning this comment you made. Every upgrade I have made after buying W5000 has just pushed em further and further. I can't really find anything I do not like about the sound no matter how hard I try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back