Jotunheim 2 VS Lyr+
Sep 12, 2022 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Johnnyde94

Head-Fier
Hello there, I cant seem to make up my mind on my next upgrade. My system currently is a bifrost 2 and Jotunheim 1 and I love it! I ordered a 24/2 upgrade card (That wont come in for a while) and also a Jot 2. I saw the Lyr+ just came out and I am wondering if I am better off getting that instead. My Plan as of now is to bring my Jot 1 to work (has the AKM dac in it as of now ordered the ESS upgrade) and leave the jot 2 at home. My set up as of now is fully balanced.

That is Issue #1 for me, the balancing. I already have balanced headphones and Dac so for me it kinda "hurts" "downgrading" to unbalanced even though I know on tubes balancing does not make that much of a difference.

Issue 2 is that if I do only get the Lyr+ then i wont have the Jot to bring to work, where honesly it will get the most play time.

I have always wanted a pair of tube amps, never had the chance to try them. I tend to prefer warmer sounding stuff so i feel like they would be a great match for me. I just don't know if at that point i just go for a "full" tube amp instead of a hybrid one.

There are not too many reviews for the LRY+ yet, but I have heard rumblings that people aren't a fan of the relay system for volume.

The simple answer would be just keet the Jot 2 (it comes in on Wednesday!), the dumb answer ($ whise) is buy both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back