Jomo Audio
Jul 16, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #33 of 52
Probably not (yet). Otherwise they would have announced it I suppose.
Also the 6R is so neutral that another version cannot be more neutral. So what to change there?

These V2 of the 4,5,6 came very surprising I must say as they just came out only with the Samba.

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #34 of 52
  Probably not (yet). Otherwise they would have announced it I suppose.
Also the 6R is so neutral that another version cannot be more neutral. So what to change there?

These V2 of the 4,5,6 came very surprising I must say as they just came out only with the Samba.

Hmm the 6R, while very neutral, still has few points to improve on. I wouldn't mind Joesph attacking few issues like improving soundstage. Have you heard the Samba? I'm really interested, but it's hard to run across one in any country except Singapore(or where audiofests are held).

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #41 of 52
What are you findings about its stage? I think it has an airy stage structure.

Here is a full review, if you wish to read it.

But in short, I found the 6R's stage to be good enough, but not exceptional. It does feel fairly airy due to generous amounts of upper frequency, but it just doesn't seem to be as natural and 3D as the UERM. I think it's mainly due to the fact that UERM has a more laid back presentation while the 6R has a bit more upfront presentation. Probably the decay too. UERM has a bit longer decay(I don't have a waterfall graph to back this, but it is what I hear) throughout the frequencies, making it seem more organic. That being said though, the 6R has its edge in speed due to the shorter decay.

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #42 of 52

Here is a full review, if you wish to read it.

But in short, I found the 6R's stage to be good enough, but not exceptional. It does feel fairly airy due to generous amounts of upper frequency, but it just doesn't seem to be as natural and 3D as the UERM. I think it's mainly due to the fact that UERM has a more laid back presentation while the 6R has a bit more upfront presentation. Probably the decay too. UERM has a bit longer decay(I don't have a waterfall graph to back this, but it is what I hear) throughout the frequencies, making it seem more organic. That being said though, the 6R has its edge in speed due to the shorter decay.

Well, I wouldn't say that J6R has a large stage :)  However, in accordance with the mid-bass presentation, it provides clean and clear spaces. It is different than having a big stage. I haven't heard UERM, but thank you for the comparison. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back