Joined today, wanted to say hello.
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

discoprince

New Head-Fier
Hi.  Been a reader for a while and just joined today.  Love reading all the posts, I have learned a great deal from all of the knowledgable members.  I look forward to contributing when I can and starting to nourish my headphone listening experience!

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 19
Welcome to HeadFi
Sorry about your wallet.

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 19
Hello!
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 19
Glad to see more members here...welcome to head-fi! 

Oct 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #10 of 19
Welcome to Head-Fi. Really sorry about your wallet / sanity. Believe me when I tell you that you will come to curse Google for pointing you here. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 19
Hey welcome. =)

"in the market for good headphones as I do not own any truly good quality ones yet..."

What headphones are you thinking of getting? Have a brand you're interested in?

Quote:
Welcome.

Now please get rid of those Bose in your profile :D

Haha

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 19
Thanks for the welcome wishes! I've spent so much time reading all the forums. I don't really have much to contribute, there are some incredibly knowledgeable people on the forum and tons of great information.  As far as headphones go, I would love a pair of AKG Q701s.  From what I've read to get the most out of them means quality amplification which also means quality dollars.  I think the best thing I've learned while reading hundreds of posts is that headphone listening is so individual so the main thing is to start listening and the more experience you have with headphones the better chance you have of finding a sound that you love.  So, today on Ebay I bought a pair of sennheiser HD598's.  I will be plugging them into my NAD amplifier at home to listen to records and CD's.  I am excited to give them some good listening.  Other "high end" headphones I want that are worth mentioning (despite mixed reviews on this forum):

Denon D5000
Beyer T5
Beyer DT770 (maybe my next purchase, my local stereo shop has the 250 ohm version on for $179)

I would love to hear a HD800 or an LCD2, but I honestly am not sure if my ear is discerning enough to really enjoy what those headphones have to offer until I do some more listening.

Oh! I also bought a pair of Yuin PK2's to use with my iPod (50$ on eBay), I'm REALLY excited for those!  I also want to try the PK1's when I can get a suitable amp, I would love to have a really nice ultra-portable setup.  Oh! and speaking of portable, I also want a pair of HD-25II's I hear those are great sounding headphones for the money.

Excited!

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 19
I meant to post this as a reply! It may show up twice, sorry! 

Thanks for the welcome wishes! I've spent so much time reading all the forums. I don't really have much to contribute, there are some incredibly knowledgeable people on the forum and tons of great information.  As far as headphones go, I would love a pair of AKG Q701s.  From what I've read to get the most out of them means quality amplification which also means quality dollars.  I think the best thing I've learned while reading hundreds of posts is that headphone listening is so individual so the main thing is to start listening and the more experience you have with headphones the better chance you have of finding a sound that you love.  So, today on Ebay I bought a pair of sennheiser HD598's.  I will be plugging them into my NAD amplifier at home to listen to records and CD's.  I am excited to give them some good listening.  Other "high end" headphones I want that are worth mentioning (despite mixed reviews on this forum):

Denon D5000
Beyer T5
Beyer DT770 (maybe my next purchase, my local stereo shop has the 250 ohm version on for $179)

I would love to hear a HD800 or an LCD2, but I honestly am not sure if my ear is discerning enough to really enjoy what those headphones have to offer until I do some more listening.

Oh! I also bought a pair of Yuin PK2's to use with my iPod (50$ on eBay), I'm REALLY excited for those!  I also want to try the PK1's when I can get a suitable amp, I would love to have a really nice ultra-portable setup.  Oh! and speaking of portable, I also want a pair of HD-25II's I hear those are great sounding headphones for the money.

Excited!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 19

Quote:

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Just letting you know, of all the higher end headphones that I have introduced the uninitiated to, the LCD-2 was always the one that immediately floored them, like Wile E Coyote running into a painted brick wall.  Point is you don't have to be particularly discerning to notice quality when its screaming in your ear.
HD800 is more subtle and takes paying attention to the details (especially with Classical music) before its quality creeps up on you like a simile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back