Joined the dark side
Sep 20, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by stereth
umm...no? I've been using Trillian 0.74 for over a year now. I connect to AIM, MSN, ICQ, and Yahoo, and I guarantee you that those programs are not running in the background. Contacts are stored on the servers for all of those except ICQ. I don't use audio/video chat and file transfers work fine unless you're trying to transfer across two firewalls, which is the same limitation the official clients have.

No they do not work on the background, but if you do not ahve them, installed the trillian will not work. it uses the same engine of the orignal program to work, it is just a manager IMO.

Sep 20, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
No they do not work on the background, but if you do not ahve them, installed the trillian will not work. it uses the same engine of the orignal program to work, it is just a manager IMO.

Trillian works just fine for me without messenger, icq, irc or yahoo chat installed.

I uninstalled messenger and never bothered to install ICQ - I believe you may be mistaken.

I can also set myself invisible with no problems at all.

Sep 20, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #18 of 28
Trillian does not require that you have other chat systems installed. It does require a user with an iq greater than six.

Sep 20, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 28
eric343,

If y'er using OSX Check out Fire it's a great program that connects to a tone of different IM networks including MSN, I use it for MSN and ICQ

Try it out

Sep 20, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Trillian does not require that you have other chat systems installed. It does require a user with an iq greater than six.

more than 6, mine should be 5.8 then, and you forgot to mention that does not requite to really chat, (chat means talk) not type, this program does not let you talk, and I was not able to run ICQ even when I have an ID becasue I do not have the program installed, mine was an older version, but anyway I do not like it, kelly if you like it, as you have a greater IQ more than 6 obviously, keep on using the kids interface of the AIM, and the like, they are very nice indeed (for stupid kids of course) AOL is a whole system for school kids, browser programs, AIM etc...IMO but sometimes kids get great IQs....

Sep 20, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
more than 6, mine should be 5.8 then, and you forgot to mention that does not requite to really chat, (chat means talk) not type, this program does not let you talk, and I was not able to run ICQ even when I have an ID becasue I do not have the program installed, mine was an older version, but anyway I do not like it, kelly if you like it, as you have a greater IQ more than 6 obviously, keep on using the kids interface of the AIM, and the like, they are very nice indeed (for stupid kids of course) AOL is a whole system for school kids, browser programs, AIM etc...IMO but sometimes kids get great IQs....

I do not have AIM, ICQ or YIM installed on this machine and Trillian is working fine. I can chat with other users in any of those as well as IRC. If you were using a much older version of the program, I'm not sure you have the experience to state an informed opinion, not that that's ever stopped you before.

Two words, people: short bus.

I haven't used miranda -- I guess I'll try that sometime.

Sep 20, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #23 of 28
Well kelly enlighten me, please!!!! I have now installed the 2.0 pro version, where is the audio to talk? That let you chat with a friend, any menu or setup, any icon, I don't see any, and I'm not talking about the interface noises, to talk, maybe I was not able to find it, I just try it for a short period of time...well anyway if you were so kindly and elighten me, with your vast knowledge instead of being offensive (with that IQ comment).....

Sep 20, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #24 of 28
Over all this two friends of mine in Germany, right now are formating the HD in their respective machines because of that stupid Trillian, both of them tried to unistall it after giving up, becasue is one of the more useless programs for communication, not even audio, they even call me (a long distance call) to let me know the magnitud of the damage, sorry guys but I strongly discourage the use of that Trillian, but is up to you to take that advice or others...just my two cents ......
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

note: maybe is OK that you may need an IQ greater than 6, we all three, those two friends of mine, and me, are professionals, they are teachers, and I'm a civil engineer, with 10+years of experience in our respective proffesions...but that is OK as we couldn't make it work, I'm a good looser, we took the insult as a compliment....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 28
If you meant VOICE CHAT, then no Trillain does not support that. Instant Messaging is more for text based communication. There are a multitude of better applications for voice communication.

As for your two friends hosing their machines just by installing Trillian, all I can offer is that even the short bus has more than one seat.

Sep 20, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
If you meant VOICE CHAT, then no Trillain does not support that. Instant Messaging is more for text based communication. There are a multitude of better applications for voice communication.

As for your two friends hosing their machines just by installing Trillian, all I can offer is that even the short bus has more than one seat.

Maybe this was not the program alone, but the interaction of many other factors, I don't know exactly, I just unistalled mine and period, everything is normal, now, cause I do not like it, but they are really alarmed there, who knows what else they did, maybe they got a "hacked" copy on kazaa or so, and yes i mean voice chat and video conferencing, the main purposes of those chat programs, BTW, they were only type based on the very begining, but one thing is sure, if you use a chat program with all those capabilities and just type, instead of talk and use video capabilities, in this 21st century, bro, sorry but you are using them "the indian way" , if I can talk, why type?, talk is a lot faster, but anyway, maybe the bus has a reserved seat with a "K" on top....this apply both ways, now I'm sure that I'm not alone on that bus, besides my two friends and me.....we got company.....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 21, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #28 of 28
No, you mean you guys are on the ground watching K on the bus
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back