Joe's Garage: Acts I, II & III
Feb 29, 2008 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Faust2D

Headphoneus Supremus
I have it on LP, but want to get it on CDs. Which version is better, the new remastered one, Japanese remastered one or the original CD from ~1990?

Or some other version i don't know about?
confused.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 8
I think the US remaster and the Japan remaster are the same just different packaging. I have the US remaster and it's the best sounding Zappa discs I have, and I have ALOT.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Anything that FZ mastered is good. Go with the original, Barking Pumpkin Label, I believe. I saw Frank three times before his 'early retirement' and he was outstanding. This pas tyear I saw Dweezil, his son, on the Zappa Plays Zappa tour. If you ever get a chance to catch this show, it is too outstanding.

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 8
I've had the original since the early 90s. It sounds pretty good, and I think FZ had his hands on it.

I havne't heard the remastered version or the LP yet. I espeially would like the LP, though.

Mar 1, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 8
i've had my copy since 1991, and i think it sounds great, unlike my old Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation combo CD from 1987. that one sounded flat and thin. only bad-sounding Zappa CD i've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back