JM Audio Editions XTC Headphones
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #887 of 1,111
I did. His answers have been very short. He’s a busy guy. They aren’t rude emails, but he seems to skip over a lot of questions and info I wrote. I asked him what colors were available and he didn’t respond to that. I told him what dac and amp I was using and the next email he asked which dac and amp I was using.
I think it will be worthwhile to continue to message/e-mail John. You will get your answers in due time; otherwise you will have to use trial-and-error to get the sound you want.

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #888 of 1,111
I wonder has anyone compare the XTC 2.5 closed with Sony R10/ES lab R10/Hifiman R10D?

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #889 of 1,111
I think it will be worthwhile to continue to message/e-mail John. You will get your answers in due time; otherwise you will have to use trial-and-error to get the sound you want.
its true... I have been busy catching up and I have to admit I get lost in email trails when there are more than 2, 3 or 4 in a chain. I do apologize- if you email me again I can send pics of current woods over- many times when people have more than a few questions they can email me or better yet reach me by phone- sometimes people have more questions than an email thread could handle -I try to answer as many questions as I can and be as responsive as I can- sincerely - John

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #890 of 1,111
its true... I have been busy catching up and I have to admit I get lost in email trails when there are more than 2, 3 or 4 in a chain. I do apologize- if you email me again I can send pics of current woods over- many times when people have more than a few questions they can email me or better yet reach me by phone- sometimes people have more questions than an email thread could handle -I try to answer as many questions as I can and be as responsive as I can- sincerely - John
No worries John. You followed up and got me. I already ordered and am looking forward to how they sound.

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #891 of 1,111
No worries John. You followed up and got me. I already ordered and am looking forward to how they sound.
thank you again!

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #892 of 1,111
I wanted to share a great tip- when using the fluffy ear pads - try to keep them clean with tape- no not cassette tapes but packing tape- it will fluff up your fluffy pads and help keep them clean and maybe even make them look and feel like new- :wink:

remove-lint-packaging-tape-hack.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #896 of 1,111
Ifi gryphon broken in after 1 week straight. This thing pairs nicely with 2.5 and the other xtc no doubt. They get every last cent out of stuff like this, just amazing that they can do that. About as rich and authentic sound I could ever imagine getting out of this thing. My poor edition xs can only dream of doing this. Really liking the silver 4.4 cable with this thing over the gold 4.4, so much so I don’t think I’d use the gold anymore seems to do something to the balance overall that’s needed. So yea I respect the silver cable more now after seeing this

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #897 of 1,111
Ifi gryphon broken in after 1 week straight. This thing pairs nicely with 2.5 and the other xtc no doubt. They get every last cent out of stuff like this, just amazing that they can do that. About as rich and authentic sound I could ever imagine getting out of this thing. My poor edition xs can only dream of doing this. Really liking the silver 4.4 cable with this thing over the gold 4.4, so much so I don’t think I’d use the gold anymore seems to do something to the balance overall that’s needed. So yea I respect the silver cable more now after seeing this
If you want return the gold cable and I can send you something else if you like-

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #898 of 1,111
If you want return the gold cable and I can send you something else if you like-
Appreciate that. Nice to know that's an option. Better keep them both though. Been using gold on DX320 and Jd atom amp 2.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #899 of 1,111
IMG_5664.jpeg

So far so good on the XTC 2 64 ohm.

Obviously good looking headphones. Comfort is above average. Fluffy pads get warm so I wonder how they’ll do in summer because my house gets hot and the ac sucks. Big soundstage. Bass and dynamics like power and woke them up. There are some sounds that have really popped in music I’ve listened to many times before that didn’t sparkle like with these.

I’ve only listened to a handful of things so far and I do feel like from when I first listened to now they’ve gotten better with “break-in”.

I don't feel like I need EQ, but I'd love to play around with EQ to see how they take to it. I'm no expert at that though.

I did have a problem with my copperhead cable but John responded right away and is rectifying the problem.

Edit: Very revealing. I'm hearing how poorly recorded some of my music on Spotify is, ringing in the back of compressed Youtube videos, etc. I'm going to have to upgrade my gear or feel like I need to add some flavor through a Tube amp or something, because my THX 887 is so neutral? Otherwise, very, very engaging headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #900 of 1,111
Just got a Mapletree Audio tube amp. First time I've had an all tube system. Loving it!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240213_190818599.jpg
    IMG_20240213_190818599.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back