JM Audio Editions XTC Headphones
Sep 6, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #587 of 1,111
What you all using your xtcs with, what setting low or high gain on the amp??
Low gain tube mode on the cen.grand as high gain will result in some hissing.

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #588 of 1,111
Benchmark HPA4. There is no low/high gain setting.

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #589 of 1,111
What you all using your xtcs with, what setting low or high gain on the amp??
I used XTC closed with Hiby RS6 (upgrading to RS8 soon I hope) for when I am out and about, travel on train, working in cafe. Mid Gain around 57.

Attachments

• 20230906_162430.jpg
    20230906_162430.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 6, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #591 of 1,111
so far they are incredible! Only used the on my Oppo. As for Mcintosh Pre-amp I did order the wrong cable and its driving my crazy.
Beautiful!! Aesthetically, I love my reds but your brown ones look amazing too!!!!

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #592 of 1,111
I purchased two cables for my XTC"s one is a balance 4 pin and another that that won't go into my laptop or preamp, do I need to get an adapter. or what cable should I buy? So how do I go from a TRRS to a standard I think TRS?

Attachments

• IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #593 of 1,111
I purchased two cables for my XTC"s one is a balance 4 pin and another that that won't go into my laptop or preamp, do I need to get an adapter. or what cable should I buy? So how do I go from a TRRS to a standard I think TRS?
looks like you have the 4.4 connector and need a 3.5mm connector - that can be switched out- the adapters can compromise connection and sound quality

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #594 of 1,111
Something interesting I came across after switching some pads around: The warm with elevated detail tuning (+ upgrade), combined with the fuzzy pads with cut fabric, with my current setup, is what I imagine the HE1000SE to be based on all the reviews I read about the HE1000SE (- the soundstage as it is not as wide but still out there). Super clear, highly resolving, bass is no longer elevated and is slightly north of neutral (like the Yanyin moonlight IEM). The mid and treble detail on these is crazy, but it is more forward compared to before (could be borderline sibilant on higher volumes, though not sibilant at all at normal volume). The flexibility of these headphones is quite nice to have if you decide to switch the style of the sound :)

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #595 of 1,111
Something interesting I came across after switching some pads around: The warm with elevated detail tuning (+ upgrade), combined with the fuzzy pads with cut fabric, with my current setup, is what I imagine the HE1000SE to be based on all the reviews I read about the HE1000SE (- the soundstage as it is not as wide but still out there). Super clear, highly resolving, bass is no longer elevated and is slightly north of neutral (like the Yanyin moonlight IEM). The mid and treble detail on these is crazy, but it is more forward compared to before (could be borderline sibilant on higher volumes, though not sibilant at all at normal volume). The flexibility of these headphones is quite nice to have if you decide to switch the style of the sound :)
I have the same-warm but elevated detailed and I just pad rolled for the first time. I’ve only tried larger fuzzy pads but I prefer them. Comfort-wise, just beautiful!! 2 more pads to test, loving this!!!

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #596 of 1,111
I received my headphones today. I am very impressed with the design and the case. The sound quality is outstanding. I am so glad that I placed this order. I shared this with the headphone experience group on Facebook. I am happy to support a small business and one American innovator.

Attachments

• JM Audio Headphones091223_1.jpg
    JM Audio Headphones091223_1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #597 of 1,111
I received my headphones today. I am very impressed with the design and the case. The sound quality is outstanding. I am so glad that I placed this order. I shared this with the headphone experience group on Facebook. I am happy to support a small business and one American innovator.
I saw your post! Congrats and enjoy man!

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #598 of 1,111
Congratulations, which driver did you get, and how were they tuned?

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #599 of 1,111
I have the same-warm but elevated detailed and I just pad rolled for the first time. I’ve only tried larger fuzzy pads but I prefer them. Comfort-wise, just beautiful!! 2 more pads to test, loving this!!!
My set of default fuzzy pads with the fabric still on is coming tomorrow. I am curious to see how these pair with that tuning.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #600 of 1,111
IMG_0116.jpeg

P9160545.jpeg

P9160547.jpeg

The 2.5 closed back is such a home run. I‘m an open back guy but these beauties have been on my head a TON since getting them a month ago. Stage is so spacious compared to the other closed backs I’ve owned. It’s really mindboggling how he pulled it off. Details are plentiful and vocals are sweet as can be for both male and female voices. They’re so comfortable. My Audeze and ZMF closed backs are like Titanic anchors by comparison. I’m so pleased.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back