Jlab Jbuds J2 Impressions.
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #123 of 214
To those who sent email but got no response:

Your extra pair will come, as I just got it together with the one I ordered from Amazon. They came in at the same time.

Jlab must be experiencing huge amount of orders, since this BOGO deal appeared on those deal sites (fatwallet, slickdeals, etc.)

Now to the point of sound quality.

I could not wait to put it on the minute I received it, plug it into Rockboxed Sansa E250. Well, the stock sound really really bad for something bearing the pricetag of $70 (as suggested from Amazon). I have been using some IEMs of the similar price range, like the Vsonic R02 and R03, head-direct RE2, or Yuin pk2. There is no way JLAb J2 sounds close to those ones. Those IEMs or earbuds sounds much clearer out of box. J2 sounds muffled, muddy, even worse than some entry-level name brands, i.e. Senn CX300 or Creative EP630.

Sure I will try J2 again after burning-in. I will write something later.

BTW, the craftmanship is not as good as I expected (judging from the pics from amazon), and it lacks a small but useful clip. The cord is a little too long for me too.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #124 of 214
Did those who got the BOGO offer get any kind of response at all? Or did your free pair just show up?

I ordered Nov 28th and haven't heard a single thing from them yet.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #125 of 214
I ordered on the 10th, forwarded them my receipt on the 11th, got an automated response immediately, resent the receipt because I hadn't formatted the email correctly, and the free pair arrived today.

I've got them in currently but am about to go to work so will leave them playing some frequency sweeps for the day.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #126 of 214
Yeah I had sent in my receipts. Then saw the "correct" way to send in the formatting.

So I sent that in....maybe a week and a half ago. Got the instant response of "don't resend emails; if you ordered...." But nothing since then.

I hope they come before Friday otherwise the whole gift thing won't work too well
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #127 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclovin24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are some comfy foam to use with the jbuds? the jbuds hurt my ears after 1 hr of use. any recommendation on the foamy to use it with?

Thanks

the comply T400s fit on the EX71s so they should fit on the j2s

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #128 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by 346L3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes you say that they are bad for trance joe? Is it because of the bass or the highs? I havent finished burning in mine yet, well technically they are my brothers, mine have not come yet. Anyway if they turn out to be that unsatisfactory, Ill just use them as a gift instead and return the regular jbuds. I do have to say though that they are definitely better than my cx300s and that gives me something to think about since I mostly listen to trance.

Both pairs I have lack bass volume and extension, the bass is just not there that I can hear in other IEMs I have. The highs are also recessed, although not as much as they were initially. I have to EQ them so they sound acceptable to me for rock & pop (and they do sound good), but I don't like the sound signature for trance.

When I EQ them for trance the bass distorts (I have only tried one source, but when I use the same EQ settings with my other IEMs they don't distort). The highs are better now that they are broken in, but the bass makes them unacceptable to me for trance.

That is my opinion on these...one pair is for the wife, and she listens to country primarily, and EQed they are good for that!

I like my V-moda Bass Freq for trance the best (but my Philips SHE-9500's aren't bad at all), but they do lack highs and sound unbalanced to me for other music.

I am getting the Nuforce NE-7m for soon, and am still contemplating buying the X10 (depending on how much I enjoy the NE-7m).

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #129 of 214
Just got my J2s in this afternoon and have been listening for the past couple of hours. Still waiting for the the BOGO. But in any case, here are my impressions. Initially, they were extremely muddy, but I'm liking it much more right now. I think it still needs some more time to settle down, but it's very promising and great value at its price point.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #130 of 214
Geez! I ordered mine on the 1st of Dec. and still haven't received them. I sent the receipt immediately after purchase and then resent it to get the auto response. No responses from "real" people or anything. I'm hoping they shipped on the 13th like the auto email stated. If that's the case, I should have them by tomorrow at the latest. Discouraging to hear that some of you that ordered a week later than me already received your freebies.
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #131 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonov12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez! I ordered mine on the 1st of Dec. and still haven't received them. I sent the receipt immediately after purchase and then resent it to get the auto response. No responses from "real" people or anything. I'm hoping they shipped on the 13th like the auto email stated. If that's the case, I should have them by tomorrow at the latest. Discouraging to hear that some of you that ordered a week later than me already received your freebies.
frown.gif

You haven't received the first pair from Amazon? That would be Amazon's fault for being slow, not Jlab. You should contact amazon about your order since they are shipping the first pair that you actually ordered. Sometimes they can be excruciatingly slow.

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #132 of 214
I did receive the amazon pair. Sorry for not being clear. I didn't receive any confirmation that my request for the free pair was even received. I did resend the email just to see if I got the automated response (which I did). I guess my only issue is that I've had my order in since the 1st and people that ordered a week or more later have already received theirs.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #133 of 214
Many people have said that they received their free pair without even a single reply from Jlab, except for the auto response. I think somewhere in this thread is the email of one of the Jlab reps. you can email him at that address if the launch email address doesn't seem to be working for you.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #134 of 214
Yeah, I did that too. I sent an email to Brian and didn't receive a response from him either. I just don't want to be "that guy" constantly sending emails and stuff. It's just that these were intended for Christmas presents and I'm worried they aren't gonna make it. Funny the things we let worry us.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #135 of 214
Well you won't just be "that guy". You're a concerned customer, and you want your money's worth as well as what was promised. If Jlab promised an extra set of earphones for the customer, then they should honor that promise.

However I don't think this is them just dishonoring that promise, it might just be them swamped with all of the orders they've had to deal with; especially since this BOGO offer most likely showed up on deal sites and everybody wants stocking stuffers.

Hopefully the rep that has been responding to this thread will check back again some time soon and see all of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back