JHaudio ear impressions "What gave you the best fit."
Mar 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, what exactly is 'Exactly JH's instruction'. Is it to use a bite block, or this differs from person to person?

Quote:

JH AUDIO EARPIECE INFORMATION FOR AUDIOLOGISTS
1. JH Audio manufactures a full shell earpiece. What we need from our customers is a full shell
impression, including the crus of helix, tragus and anti-tragus.
2. The impressions must be made of high-viscosity silicone impression material.
3. We also require that the dams are made of cotton instead of foam. Foam will tear the end
of the canal when removed for processing.
4. It’s critical that we have an open mouth impression taken to the second bend of the ear canal.
To accomplish this:
a. Customer’s mouth should be wide open when the impression
material is injected into the ear.
b. Have the customer keep their mouth open until the impression material
has completely cured.
Note: To ensure that there is no jaw movement while the material is curing, we highly
recommend inserting a bite block prior to the injection.
If you

that

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 15
@nycdoi, it seems like you make you ear impressions yourself? I don't think audiologist will like the tissue idea
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@nycdoi, it seems like you make you ear impressions yourself? I don't think audiologist will like the tissue idea
tongue.gif

my audiologist suggested that.. she doesn't do open mouth impression to begin with. she also doesn't use cotton dam. it wasn't comfortable at all bitting on those tissues though..

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my audiologist suggested that.. she doesn't do open mouth impression to begin with. she also doesn't use cotton dam. it wasn't comfortable at all bitting on those tissues though..

I see...As long as you get a perfect fit
regular_smile .gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #12 of 15
per instructions with a bite block.

i have a pretty much unbreakable seal, and the sound only distorts when i tilt my head as far back as i can comfortably, which doesn't at all matter.

was slightly uncomfort for prolonged use at first, but now a couple months later the seal is just as good, and is comfortable too!

i'd say the initial discomfort is definitely worth the seal. follow their directions and make sure your audiologist follows the insturctions

also
DON'T SMILE

i was excited,
extraordinarily excited. and that fudged up my first set of impressions. luckily my audiologist realized whilst taking the mold and restarted the process for free (i lucked out).

not smiling, hardest thing you can do.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #13 of 15
I had them done at CanJam by Uncle Wilson so wasn't aware of the instructions at the time, but they were done that way and with a bite block. I'd previously had UE11s made, following UE's instructions with a bit block. I had to had minor adjustments made to the left earpiece, but the seal was always good.

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #15 of 15
Technically I used my first set of impressions for 3 fits (2 refits), so the JHA instructions ended up working perfectly for me in the end via their own adjustments.

I think I bit on the bite block the wrong way though.
redface.gif
No matter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back