jh13 vs es3x?
Aug 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #31 of 42
I understand the Flagship vs Flagship vs Flagship, but we're comparing right now is a flagship that's a newer while the other two are still in their current flagship. The JH13 was made after the release of the UE11 by a looooooong way, and months after the ES3X. That is why i'm saying, until UE and Westone come out with something new that's similar in configuration or a new flagship. In my opinion, the better way to compared these would be UE11 to JH11 and ES3X to 10X3. It just shows what each company can do with the same amount of material, and technology.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondu999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so is there any news on the battle royale?
biggrin.gif

Nope, only my ES3X are hear, the 10X3 are still on their way.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #33 of 42
Jerry created every UE custom (yes they changed the ue-11 a bit after he left) I don't know how quickly they are actually going to make something comparable. Seems like they shifted focus more towards universal after he left.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand the Flagship vs Flagship vs Flagship, but we're comparing right now is a flagship that's a newer while the other two are still in their current flagship. The JH13 was made after the release of the UE11 by a looooooong way, and months after the ES3X. That is why i'm saying, until UE and Westone come out with something new that's similar in configuration or a new flagship. In my opinion, the better way to compared these would be UE11 to JH11 and ES3X to 10X3. It just shows what each company can do with the same amount of material, and technology.

Yah, that's the way it goes with product introductions, leapfrogging each other. No matter the amount of material and/or technology used, release date, etc., the ES3X is still Weston's flagship product. (Wouldn't it be grand if all the premier vendors released their new flagship products at the same time?
bigsmile_face.gif
) It'll be interesting to hear from HPA. He's already hinted that they are comparable; and Bluto, with qualifications, has provided some feedback, both sets of ears that seem to to align with my own personal hearing biases (disclaimer
wink_face.gif
).

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jerry created every UE custom (yes they changed the ue-11 a bit after he left) I don't know how quickly they are actually going to make something comparable. Seems like they shifted focus more towards universal after he left.

i agree, they came out with the SF5, Metro Fi and the UE700 after he had left. They only came out with the UE4 int he Custom line after he left, and it's a lowest model in the line now too, so maybe their engineers couldn't come up with some superior to the UE11 without blowing the budget? while Jerry has with a smaller cost? hmmm who knows
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Cheers!
Brad
Yeah I am 16 deal with it
wink.gif

Haha, nice. I'm 15, so i can definitely deal with you
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah, that's the way it goes with product introductions, leapfrogging each other. No matter the amount of material and/or technology used, release date, etc., the ES3X is still Weston's flagship product. (Wouldn't it be grand if all the premier vendors released their new flagship products at the same time?
bigsmile_face.gif
) It'll be interesting to hear from HPA. He's already hinted that they are comparable; and Bluto, with qualifications, has provided some feedback, both sets of ears that seem to to align with my own personal hearing biases (disclaimer
wink_face.gif
).

haha, that would be awesome! Westone announces the ES7XX, Ue announces the UE21, while JH annouces the JH23!
hahaha...ES7XX is just ridiculous....

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #37 of 42
I remember talking to pfillion and he kept telling me couldn't wait to see a jh-15 come and I kept telling him I don't know what Jerry could improve because there is nothing wrong to note on the jh-13's
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

I remember talking to pfillion and he kept telling me couldn't wait to see a jh-15 come and I kept telling him I don't know what Jerry could improve because there is nothing wrong to note on the jh-13's
wink.gif

You are right, who want the JH15s ?
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #39 of 42
MaoDi> There's also the small matter of, going mass-market might earn them more money. Now that they have the street cred and strong brand-name, the ipodders might look at Shures vs UEs, and say, heck let's go with the rock-star outfit, they know what they're doing..

I doubt it costs much to continue doing their custom line since you don't manufacture/ stock in advance, but given that this looks like a new shift in strategy, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come out with a new custom for a long time (and not because of technological reasons)

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #40 of 42
posted twice

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

wink.gif

Of course there is nothing that can be improved on the newest customs until the next market disruptor shows up with new technology. The latest is more often the best until another one shows up. Competition is good.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #42 of 42
Edwood has both the JH13 & ESX3. here's his latest post on the jh13 thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5916616-post3108.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course there is nothing that can be improved on the newest customs until the next market disruptor shows up with new technology. The latest is more often the best until another one shows up. Competition is good.

see this post re my recent conversation with Jerry Harvey regarding this topic (amongst other things):
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5909960-post2945.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back