jh13 vs es3x?
Jul 13, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, i'm talking about configuration. The JH11 and th UE11 are both quad driver, 3-way. while both the 10X3 and the ES3X are both triple driver, 3-way.

So is Alien Ears's C3, and so is Livewires Trips. The number of drivers and the crossover type are only part of the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ Yes, yes, everything you said is correct, but this thread isn't about "correctness", it is about the JH-13 Pro vs. the ES3X. Let the games begin...

You aren't the only one waiting for comparisons. Making a new thread like this one isn't going to suddenly generate people with both customs. Happily, it seems that several ES3X owners have ordered the JH13; I'm sure they'll share their feedback with us, in this thread or another. HPA, notably, is going to write an ES3X/UE11/JH13 review.

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is Alien Ears's C3, and so is Livewires Trips. The number of drivers and the crossover type are only part of the story.

True. But you understand what i'm saying right? it just narrows it down to comparing apples to apples instead of apples to oranges to kiwis....kiwis?

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

True. But you understand what i'm saying right? it just narrows it down to comparing apples to apples instead of apples to oranges to kiwis....kiwis?

Yes. And, as hinted by naming scheme and pricing, Jerry Harvey obviously wanted to pit the JH11 against the UE11, and the 10X3 against the ES3X. We already know that he considers the JH11 as the "UE11 done right" (without a bass boost he didn't agree with, mostly). I'd be surprised if he didn't have a set of ES3X, and we can infer from his model line up that he believes his 10X3 to be similar but better. Is he right? You'll soon be a better judge of that than any of us!

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Yes. And, as hinted by naming scheme and pricing, Jerry Harvey obviously wanted to pit the JH11 against the UE11, and the 10X3 against the ES3X. We already know that he considers the JH11 as the "UE11 done right" (without a bass boost he didn't agree with, mostly). I'd be surprised if he didn't have a set of ES3X, and we can infer from his model line up that he believes his 10X3 to be similar but better. Is he right? You'll soon be a better judge of that than any of us!

Yes. I'm sure that if Jerry was still at Ultimate Ears, the JH13 would be a UE13 instead...well anyways. I shall let you all know in that when they both arrive =)

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #21 of 42
Well since the drivers are considered or stated by Jerry to be the fastest on the market and a proprietary design, it would seem if true, and the sound of the 13's seem to bear this out, that equivalent driver for driver IEM's would not fare as well as the JH IEM's. It could be that just the best source and good recordings will further define the difference in sound but I am sure there will be plenty of opinions forth coming.

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #23 of 42
so is there any news on the battle royale?
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Yes. I'm sure that if Jerry was still at Ultimate Ears, the JH13 would be a UE13 instead...well anyways. I shall let you all know in that when they both arrive =)

And I guess that its called JH13 means it's more than an UE12 but two generations more advanced than the UE11 as well.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

i honestly think it's not a Apples to apples to apples comparison. the JH13 is a 6 driver three way, UE11 is 4 driver three way, and Es3x is 3 driver 3 day. Not that there's any problems with the designs, and each perform superbly i'm sure. But i think that if it was a JH11 vs UE11 and the JH10X3 vs the ES3x, and the JH10 vs the UE10 would be a better comparison. Just because all of them are flagship products, i don't think it makes it a "proper" comparison.

My thinking on this is that flagship is flagship, regardless of driver count. I don't know if this is a good analogy, but with loudspeakers, multiple or the increased number of drivers do not always translate to superior SQ.

I think the comparison should be made, as HPA is doing in his review, based on what each company deems as its flagship model.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #26 of 42
JH-13 is the king. You can wait for the review, but it'll just confirm this. I haven't heard the es3x or the ue10/11 but what I'm hearing with the JH-13, I know, is generations above what is currently out there. The speed of electrostats, detail unparalleled by anything else, and the frequency response that never gets sibilant, boomy or anything that could be called 'bad'.

Feel free to wait for the review, but you'll just kick yourself on waiting that much longer to order the JH-13
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondu999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you haven't heard es3x/ue10/ue11, then how do you know they aren't faster/more detailed?

Because people would say that about them. They're not. They're saying it about the JH-13.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Now we're talking marketing! I think JH is simply naming his products in a way that creates an appropriate performance hiearchy within his own product line, similar to how Westone names its products. I could be wrong
wink.gif
Certainly, for continuity with his earlier involvement with UE, there appears to be a bit of one-upmanship going on.
wink_face.gif

I think the bottom line is UE, JH, and Westone have flagship models, which is what we are comparing.

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH-13 is the king. You can wait for the review, but it'll just confirm this. I haven't heard the es3x or the ue10/11 but what I'm hearing with the JH-13, I know, is generations above what is currently out there. The speed of electrostats, detail unparalleled by anything else, and the frequency response that never gets sibilant, boomy or anything that could be called 'bad'.

Feel free to wait for the review, but you'll just kick yourself on waiting that much longer to order the JH-13
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL! I told HPA that it's gonna have to be quite a bit better than the ES3X to make me wanna pull the trigger. But I'm happy to dive in should that be the case. I'm already reviewing what next to sell. Hmm...

BTW, y'all are mirroring HPA's (and several other's of us over on the ES3X thread) initial excitement and impressions of the ES3X!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back