JH13 or JH11?
Mar 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

djchaz

100+ Head-Fier
I've been constantly reading through the reviews of the UE11/JH11 and the JH13 and I am taken aback. I'm considering purchasing an IEM and have now come down to either the JH11 or the JH13. I'm wondering if anybody could lend me some advice based off of their listening experiences with one or both of these models.

The last pair of phones I had were a pair of AKG k701s so I'm basing a majority of my listening from these. I felt the amount of detail and soundstage from these phone was very good but I felt the bass was lacking.

Looking to the JH11, I keep reading that the bass sounds slightly more accentuated than the 13s due to the dual low driver while the 13 balances itself out due to a dual driver for each frequency range. Is it safe to make this assumption? Also, recalling the detail and bass from the 701s, I guess I'm worried that the 11s might not have a good amount of detail or that the 13s won't have enough bass impact to my ears and might be too dry or analytical.

Lastly, I listen to a wide array of genres. I like detail where it counts in genres like jazz, ambient, classical, etc. but maybe not so much in regard to hip hop, trance, house, etc. I'm slightly worried that either the 13s will make lower quality music sound harsh (in addition to a possibly lesser presence of bass (another assumption)) or that the 11s will over-emphasize the bass at some rate.

In short, I like detail and bass presence but I guess I don't want one to outdo the other. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Charlie

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by djchaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been constantly reading through the reviews of the UE11/JH11 and the JH13 and I am taken aback. I'm considering purchasing an IEM and have now come down to either the JH11 or the JH13. I'm wondering if anybody could lend me some advice based off of their listening experiences with one or both of these models.

The last pair of phones I had were a pair of AKG k701s so I'm basing a majority of my listening from these. I felt the amount of detail and soundstage from these phone was very good but I felt the bass was lacking.

Looking to the JH11, I keep reading that the bass sounds slightly more accentuated than the 13s due to the dual low driver while the 13 balances itself out due to a dual driver for each frequency range. Is it safe to make this assumption? Also, recalling the detail and bass from the 701s, I guess I'm worried that the 11s might not have a good amount of detail or that the 13s won't have enough bass impact to my ears and might be too dry or analytical.

Lastly, I listen to a wide array of genres. I like detail where it counts in genres like jazz, ambient, classical, etc. but maybe not so much in regard to hip hop, trance, house, etc. I'm slightly worried that either the 13s will make lower quality music sound harsh (in addition to a possibly lesser presence of bass (another assumption)) or that the 11s will over-emphasize the bass at some rate.

In short, I like detail and bass presence but I guess I don't want one to outdo the other. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Charlie

The 13's are very nuetral and will play whatever you're listening to without any coloration whatsoever. If the recording was intended to be drowned in bass then that's what you'll hear. I've never heard the JH11's but it sounds like they're colored so I guess you have to decide if you want a nuetral sounding IEM or an IEM with more emphasis on bass. If you're listening to house music the JH13's will have a lot of bass, if you're listening to jazz or classical, not so much.

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 4
If you want to listen to rock then JH 11 is good , if you want to listen to classical or jazz then JH 13 is good. JH 11 is like Bass boost mid range boost treble cut. JH 13 is Bass boost mid range sligtly cut treble boost. If you listen to music very loud then JH 13 is not good because the trebles will pierce your ears, JH 11 is ok if you listen loud it has much less trebles so it won't pirece your ears.
I'ved heard both of them b4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back