JH13 or ES5
Feb 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nightingelf

New Head-Fier
Well need an advice. I have a Shure SRH 840 and paired it with a Crossroad Edge amp. It has been my set-up from the start and hasn't changed it. I also have the Sennheiser HD414 from 1995 edition. My portable set-up would be the H340 to GoVibe Mini Box Amp to my Hippo Shroom. So which CIEM would you guys say would suit my taste better?

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 12
Hmmm, was going for that choice until my friend strongly advised against it and strongly recommended JH13. His reasons being that JH13's sound can easily be tweaked with EQ and amps. And that they actually sound more natural compared to the ES5 with more impact.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 12
Have you done research on where you can do demos live in your area, when spending 1k+ I say it's worth driving out 2-3 hours if necessay. I was able to demo the JH-13 and ES5 and I ended up getting the ES. I listen to pop, r&b, dance, and hip hop and didn't  know what I was looking for in an IEM so I demoed a ton of IEMs blindly, ES5 provided a much more full sound than the JH-13 which made the music more enjoyable for me.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 12
The H340 has warm bass heavy soundsignature and JH13Pro are better match because it's sound superbly detailed and neutral with great imaging, instruments separation and deep punchy bass with wide soundstage.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
The H340 has warm bass heavy soundsignature and JH13Pro are better match because it's sound superbly detailed and neutral with great imaging, instruments separation and deep punchy bass with wide soundstage.

Haha, seems muddy to me to a certain extend, so I guess thats my yes to it being abit overly bass heavy. I doubt warm should sound muddy. Anyway, an acquaintance of mine said that I should try the UM Miracle.  So I am wondering if anyone here can actually give some thought on that. I also managed to do abit of searching on amps. 3 popular amps being RSA Predator, Pico Slim and the TTVJ Slim, coldest to warmest in sound. So I actually kinda picked TTVJ Slim since I want whichever IEM I pick at the end to be musical. And after looking around, it seems that JH13 being the most neutral of the 3, is easily affected by amps or the source. Something I actually want. Cause I do want it to be cold and without the colors at 1 point and then being able to color it up at another. Have an interest towards audio engineering as live or studio mixer.

PS: By the way thanks for the inputs guys. Seems at this point, both customs are rather on equals to you guys.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Have you done research on where you can do demos live in your area, when spending 1k+ I say it's worth driving out 2-3 hours if necessay. I was able to demo the JH-13 and ES5 and I ended up getting the ES. I listen to pop, r&b, dance, and hip hop and didn't  know what I was looking for in an IEM so I demoed a ton of IEMs blindly, ES5 provided a much more full sound than the JH-13 which made the music more enjoyable for me.

Hey, the place I live seems to have only JH13, JH16 and UM to demo. Did you use an amp with the ES5?

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
They advertise a month of turnaround, don't they?

I waited a month for pretty much all of my CIEMs. Rather they do it proper than rush it, right?

From the amount of refits they generally have to do for a lot of head-fiers I'm not quite sure they're doing either.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Haha, well I guess we must be patient for good things to come. Enjoying my TTVJ Slim already. Seems to be able to turn my hippo shroom into something better, less muddy to be exact. I guess the golden period is when I have my customs and the new 160gb ipod classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back