JH13 custom or Roxanne universal?
Nov 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 34
The would be the perfect set up! ...but from what I understand, the dial is only on the Roxanne's.  .The DAP that I plan on using does have a 10 band EQ, but it only works at 44.1Khz.  Without stirring up the "hi-rez" pot, I do not want to be restricted.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #17 of 34
Why limit yourself to JH Audio?  There is Noble Audio, Ultimate Ears, 1964 Ears, and Alclair to name a few.  

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 34
I am beginning to wonder is I should further explore other brands.  Recommendations based on my info in this thread?  I am also a major tweaker/tuner.  If I could do a nice uni, that would be appealing- wait time, resale, my son and I could listen (17 year old audiophile).  But I also understand the benefits of customs.  Such a hard decision, and I want to make the right one, especially considering the investment.  Thanks again for all the help!

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #19 of 34
  I am beginning to wonder is I should further explore other brands.  Recommendations based on my info in this thread?  I am also a major tweaker/tuner.  If I could do a nice uni, that would be appealing- wait time, resale, my son and I could listen (17 year old audiophile).  But I also understand the benefits of customs.  Such a hard decision, and I want to make the right one, especially considering the investment.  Thanks again for all the help!

You should, I think anyway.  Try calling different companies and see if they will remold the monitors for your son down the road.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #20 of 34
So I have been poking around, looking at other brands.  These Noble k10 look to be a great sounding CIEM, at least at par with the custom Roxanne's?  $1599, free shipping, carbon fiber included.  And they are doing 15% off for BF.  I heard their customer service is great, 30-40 days on customs, they reshell if needed, 2 yr warrenty vs 1yr.  I am going to check out the threads further.  You thoughts?  Thanks!

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #23 of 34
The review was done very well. They are two very different iems which Scot explains. Depending on your musical tastes one IEM may be better for you over the other.

Can't go wrong with either. The K10 kicks some rear though.

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #24 of 34
Based on the write and review I have read- I think they would be perfect for me.  I do like a bit of sparkle up top (not too dark).  It seem these do very well with a variety of music, which is exactly what I listen to.

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #30 of 34
  Just read it, he picked the k10 over the UE18 and Roxannes.  I noticed that the 14 reviews on this forum were 5 stars....all of them.  I think we may have a winner.  

It is but there are no losers here. Unless you think it will never happen, waiting for a personal compare may be more cost effective than catching a BF deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back