JH10x3 vs JH13
May 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
Disagree. People should be looking a lot more at JH5's, rather than limiting themselves to universals in the same price range. Currently there seems to be this mentality of "I won't look at BMWs unless I can have an M5."

From what I've read I've gotten the impression that the 5's kick some butt. It's a 2 driver design which should sound amazing compared to most universals, plus you get the custom feel.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 22
do you mind sharing your musical preferences?  i've been auditioning the 10x3s and the 13s, and i think i prefer the 10x3s.  i'd be interested to know why brittany recommended them to you.  

Quote:
^^^ im not 100% sure I agree with this.I am in the process of researching customs and when I was conversing with Brittany about my experience, musical preferences, and expectations, she actually wrote that she thinks the 10x3 would be perfect for me. I wrote back thanking her and was surprised she didn't lean me towards the 13s as those were in the conversation. I think I, personally am going to order the 10x3 based on my research, and the fact JH representation reccomended them for me. The 10x3 actually makes perfect sense for me.Re- fits will be my only concern once I pull the trigger...

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #18 of 22
pm sent....nope...pm not working..guru in grag, but here is a snippit of our conversation:

Hi Brittany,

I understand it will be very hard for you to recommend a model type for me as it is probably a decision I need to make for myself. Having said that, , I do have some easy questions you could answer for me please when you get time?

1) I have read that custom iem's may "only" last 4-5 years. Is this true? What is the charge from JH if I wanted to remold my customs for a better fit 4-5 years down the line because my ear canals have changed, etc.

2) Is there a dealer in the Boston, MA area that I could demo any of the JH products (I understand it would be the universal demo version, but would love to hear anyway.)

That's all for now, thanks for you patience, this will be a big investment for me so I want to make sure I feel awesome about it.

Her:
Thank you for your interest in the JH Audio line. Yes it is a personal preference what model you would like to receive.
But on another note, your ears will not change dramatically unless you go through some serious weight change or something of that matter. We have had some models in the field for 15 years that have not had a remold and have been fine.
They will not breakdown if taken care of and they are very durable.
I do not have a dealer in Boston with demos at this time. I do apologize.
If you have any other questions please let me know.

Me:
Thanks Brittany,
By serious weight change, I assume you are talking 50+ pounds, not like, 20 pounds if I hit the gym hard. No need to reply if this is the case. Guess I need to keep doing some research now for model. Thanks for your help. I will be in touch!

Her:
You are right on the weight change.
I can be of assistance if you need on the models but it is really your ultimate decision. It really depends on what type of music you prefer.

Me:
Since you asked....
I listen to mostly rock, alternative, Celtic traditional, and jam band. My biggest concern is not being able to discern the differences sonically between the JH10x3 and the JH13 enough to warrant the extra coin for the later because my ears are not as analytical or "good" as a true audiophiles. I just love listening to good music. I target the JH10x3 because when I do go custom, I want it to be pretty huge leap from the Triple fi.10, and I think this will get me there, before the JH 5 would, right?

Cheers, I know you are busy so I'll keep researching.

Hello,
Although the JH5 is a great piece, I think that with those musical choices, I think that you would love the JH10x3!
Brittany

So…

Suffice it to say, I had a cart set-up, an order ready to be placed, my impression appointment set up, and the day I was going to order the 10x3, JH Audio had a 4 hour deal on the 13’s for 200 bucks off them, so I jumped on it….

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #19 of 22
LOL. You just made this thread pointless. All that research and you ended up getting a different piece anyway, not based on music preference but price.

Quote:
So…

Suffice it to say, I had a cart set-up, an order ready to be placed, my impression appointment set up, and the day I was going to order the 10x3, JH Audio had a 4 hour deal on the 13’s for 200 bucks off them, so I jumped on it….

Jun 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #20 of 22
I know, I know, I made my comments pointless (which were made before I ordered any pair, keep in mind), not the thread though, the jump from a 300 buck difference to a 100 buck difference for me, was enough ....it was too hard to pass up.....I felt that it was fate for me to get the 13’s on that day...lol...

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 22
thanks so much adktitan, that's great information.  i personally have been lucky enough to demo the entire line, and i've been trying to decide between the 10 and 10x3 (i'm just not a big fan of the 13s, hope i don't get stoned for saying so).  we have some similar musical tastes, so it's good to know the 10x3s were recommended.  =)

Quote:
pm sent....nope...pm not working..guru in grag, but here is a snippit of our conversation:

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
(i'm just not a big fan of the 13s, hope i don't get stoned for saying so).  we have some similar musical tastes, so it's good to know the 10x3s were recommended.  =)

[size=9pt]Hey guruindrag,[/size]
[size=9pt]It's great you got to hear the demo versions of the models you are looking at. I'm curious to your own opinion on why you decided you like the 10's and 10x3's (piggybacking on your other thread) more then the 13's? It is def a minority opinion around this boards, so I'm curious and interested to know why you prefer the 10 line, and I bet a bunch of others may be as well...thanks...cheers[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back