JH Picollino loaner program
Nov 13, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #16 of 71
No I am not affiliated with Jaben in any way shape or form by we I mean me and Wilson because I am helping him about by managing this loaner program for him as he is a very busy guy I am doing it as a gift to head-fi since I know many people are curious what this extremely expensive cable sounds like and how it could warrant that kind of price tag and I want to provide that ability for you guys to hear it.

As for the cost of the cable you will have to contact Wilson because it can vary depending on how long you want the cable and how you want to configure it. But you are looking around $1000 for the generalized version of it. But please don't quote me because I am not certain of the exact numbers.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey fellow JH owners out there I have clearance from Wilson over at Jaben to go ahead and start a loaner program using the demo picollino cable for the jh-13's and allow head-fiers to get a sample of this very expensive and awesome sounding cable to get a clue for what it is all about. I am currently waiting on Wilson to get me a final production cable so I can finish my review before I send out the demo which I have been currently using to another head-fier. I will establish the rules/restrictions for how the loaner program will run for a later time but I will create the list of order of who gets it on a first come first serve basis (Please post on this thread rather then pm me if you want to get into the program)

Thanks guys and look forward to hearing your impressions.

(p.s if a mod reads this it may want to be stickied so everyone has a opportunity to see it.)

Order of head-fiers:
1. Lil' Knight
2. Thread
3. Jarmel
4. Nycdoi
5. AVDweeb
6. MaoDi
7. boomana

Changed my mind - don't want to borrow. I tried the Piccolino for Livewires a while back and know it is good, and I don't want to be buying a $1000 cable if I lose or damage it, or have to dream about owning one after I send it away because I liked it so much.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #19 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I am not affiliated with Jaben in any way shape or form by we I mean me and Wilson because I am helping him about by managing this loaner program for him as he is a very busy guy I am doing it as a gift to head-fi since I know many people are curious what this extremely expensive cable sounds like and how it could warrant that kind of price tag and I want to provide that ability for you guys to hear it.

As for the cost of the cable you will have to contact Wilson because it can vary depending on how long you want the cable and how you want to configure it. But you are looking around $1000 for the generalized version of it. But please don't quote me because I am not certain of the exact numbers.

It's cool that you want to bring this to the attention of head-fi'ers. But this is still a marketing effort that I think would more appropriately reside in one of the MOT threads. But I'm sure smarter minds than mine will determine what's right.

Good luck with the program.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #21 of 71
haha nyc I didn't notice that little bit underneath I will correct the order right now
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 71
Please sign me up. My JH13 are getting delivered tomorrow. I wanted to spend some time getting acquainted with them on the factory cable, then was going to try offerings from Whiplash and Null. I would never spend the money on the Piccolino unheard. If I hear it and it does what others say it does, I'd eagerly buy it! In my big rig it would be a moderately priced cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Good idea on the loaner program. If the Piccolino is really special, the product will sell itself.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #23 of 71
Thank you NucRad you are hitting on exactly why I wanted to start a loaner program. It is not a marketing pitch of any sort I just know that many head-fiers want to hear this cable without having to drop a quite a few bucks to be able to hear it. Since it is not practical to try to put this in a head-fi meet I setup a loaner program so everyone can use it in the quiet of their own residence and really become familiar with the cable before drawing conclusions about what they think.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #24 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Changed my mind - don't want to borrow. I tried the Piccolino for Livewires a while back and know it is good, and I don't want to be buying a $1000 cable if I lose or damage it, or have to dream about owning one after I send it away because I liked it so much.

omg so true!

did anyone compare this cable to the crystaline cable from null-audio?

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #25 of 71
I believe some have and it is two completely different cables. I know there was a large difference but I don't remember what was said....may be someone else could elaborate on it?

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 71
Great man look forward to reading it. Like I said earlier only thing we are waiting on is for Wilson to get me another cable because my demo cable is the only jh-13 cable I have at the moment since my stock cable fell apart on me and obviously I want the picollino one after listening to it for a extended period of time.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #30 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put me down as I was the first UK owner of JH13s now upgraded to Lune cable.

Regards

Sceptre

Sceptre, if you have the time, please do post an impression of those Lunes. So far, not a single impression can be found of those cables. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back