JH Audio TripleFi 10 reboot - Japan only, limited to 1000 pairs
Sep 21, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #47 of 60
Hello!
If possible, I would like to see some comparison with other headphones.
Thanks a lot

Well, currently I have RHA-T20, FLC8S and JH TRI-FI.
Connected to a Fiio X5 and Astell&kern Jr.

About the sound:

Warm, really warm with a great scene. FLC8S gives more trebble,
I  think that  voices sound clearer with the FLC8S.
Bass is amazing, with a big presence.
I use silicones, they are very confortable.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #49 of 60
If I could get them around the same price even though I'm buying from overseas, are these worth the ~$620-650 USD? Considering, because... They're so pretty xD Also, the collector in me kind of wants them.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #50 of 60
@Macario Tonne

Thanks for the impressions!

Warm tonality? Now this sounds rather like the tonal opposite of the v-shaped and lean, somewhat metallic Triple.Fi 10.

May I ask what ear tips you are using and if you could test the TriFi on a source device with preferably less than 1 Ohm output impedance?

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #51 of 60
  @Macario Tonne

Warm tonality? Now this sounds rather like the tonal opposite of the v-shaped and lean, somewhat metallic Triple.Fi 10.

May I ask what ear tips you are using and if you could test the TriFi on a source device with preferably less than 1 Ohm output impedan

Code:
[left] I tested the silicone and Comply foam. In my opinion Comply dirtied a little the sound and reduced bass, so I prefer silicone.[/left]

Code:
[left]  [/left]

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #52 of 60
@Macario Tonne

May I ask what ear tips you are using and if you could test the TriFi on a source device with preferably less than 1 Ohm output impedance?

Hmmm Its not pure V'ish but slightly,yes.....tf10 that is. I for now settled with wide bore skullcandy M tips (skull embossed ones).:p

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #53 of 60

I agree with you Macario tonne for first time in my life,(He is my brother).
tongue_smile.gif
 I prefer use the silicone ones. 

I have to say that when I was in Tokyo in the e-earphone shop I didn't want to buy anything. My Idea was only to listen as much earphones as possible in two days.
It was fantastic, pretty close to heaven for me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

After listening about 20 different iem I only liked more than my earbuds (final piano forte IX) the Kaiser Noble 10 u and the JH  (all of them) and shure  SE846 the problem with that models, as you can imagine... the price.
The "problem" was when my boss asked me to test the TriFi (my boss has JH Layla II) He told me that if I want to buy an earphone I have to buy the Trifi.
I saw his smiling face. Before testing and I thought he was joking.  After 30 second listening I realized that he wasn't joking. 
For me the most important thing in an iem is the soundstage (it's a question of taste) and the soundstage in this earphones is fantastic.
Finally I bought two pair on for my brother and another for myself.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #54 of 60

I agree with you Macario tonne for first time in my life,(He is my brother).
tongue_smile.gif
 I prefer use the silicone ones. 

I have to say that when I was in Tokyo in the e-earphone shop I didn't want to buy anything. My Idea was only to listen as much earphones as possible in two days.
It was fantastic, pretty close to heaven for me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

After listening about 20 different iem I only liked more than my earbuds (final piano forte IX) the Kaiser Noble 10 u and the JH  (all of them) and shure  SE846 the problem with that models, as you can imagine... the price.
The "problem" was when my boss asked me to test the TriFi (my boss has JH Layla II) He told me that if I want to buy an earphone I have to buy the Trifi.
I saw his smiling face. Before testing and I thought he was joking.  After 30 second listening I realized that he wasn't joking. 
For me the most important thing in an iem is the soundstage (it's a question of taste) and the soundstage in this earphones is fantastic.
Finally I bought two pair on for my brother and another for myself.

I have such good memories of e-earphone.  How would you describe the sound of the TriFi?

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #55 of 60
I'm not used to describe sound, sorry for that, but I'm going to try....
The soundstage is really good, when you are listenig you can imagine where the instruments are.
The bass is another good point of this earphones, I'm not a bass fanatic but I came from the piano forte IX (they are not the best on that...) and with the trifi I'm enjoying a lot.
They are not strident at all, I hate that. They could be a little bit gentle, but I prefer this.
On the other hand, in some songs I have missed a little bit of more detail. 
This model could be a little bit more fast, but to be honest I'm very critic with this point, The only two earphones that has been perfects for me on that, are JH that  Layla II and Hifiman he1000, but these models are completely out of my budget 
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #56 of 60
I'm not used to describe sound, sorry for that, but I'm going to try....
The soundstage is really good, when you are listenig you can imagine where the instruments are.
The bass is another good point of this earphones, I'm not a bass fanatic but I came from the piano forte IX (they are not the best on that...) and with the trifi I'm enjoying a lot.
They are not strident at all, I hate that. They could be a little bit gentle, but I prefer this.
On the other hand, in some songs I have missed a little bit of more detail. 
This model could be a little bit more fast, but to be honest I'm very critic with this point, The only two earphones that has been perfects for me on that, are JH that  Layla II and Hifiman he1000, but these models are completely out of my budget :frowning2: .

Thanks for the reply. How do vocals (especially female vocals)? Are they distant or more intimate? Also, would you describe the overall sound as warm, bright or neutral? Thanks again.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #57 of 60
Female vocals are no intimate, but I can not say they are distant, they are in the middle
wink.gif
. The overall sound is a little bit bright in my opinion.
I have troubles to listen music for a long time with some earphones if they are very bright, and I am not having problems with them
The middle range is not the best characteristic in this earphone, but I think you have to ask to other people because I'm used to listen music with the Piano forte IX as well, and the best of this earphone is the soundstage and the middle range specially the female vocals.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #58 of 60
If anyone is looking to buy a pair, my set is for sale in the FS forum. I apparently have small ears and wonky ear canals, so I'm saving up for customs of some kind. I want to keep them because the sound is pretty amazing but I can't...my loss your gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back