JH Audio TripleFi 10 reboot - Japan only, limited to 1000 pairs
Dec 20, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #16 of 60
My heart broke when I read "Japan Only".

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #18 of 60
At $500-600....that opens the door to a ton of quality IEM's.  It better be gold because I would never pay $600 for a triple driver universal.  I am not excited about this release at that kind of price considering for a couple hundred more you can get SE846 or IE800 or W60 or Pro50 which many seem to think....compete with $1,200 Layla.   So.....what type of downgrade will this be to justify 5-600 bucks?  No way...not for me.  The only salvation would be if he marketed the crap out of it....tons of advertising and exposure.  Then people will buy it cause they are suckers  (Bose, Beats, Dre).  Just greed, I guess.

Price it at $349...market the hell out of it and go after Bose and Beats.  Use the leverage of all the musicians that use JH Audio (does even one musician use Beats or Bose...ROTFLMAO!).

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 60
I'm sure they will be on Amazon and eBay

But will they be on Amazon next Black Friday for $99? That's what I want to know - 
tongue.gif

Like a few of the members, the TF10 & Sennheiser IE8 were my gateway to this hobby. One BA IEM and a DD - both with warts, but a hell of a lot of fun. 
  At $500-600....that opens the door to a ton of quality IEM's.  It better be gold because I would never pay $600 for a triple driver universal.  I am not excited about this release at that kind of price considering for a couple hundred more you can get SE846 or IE800 or W60 or Pro50 which many seem to think....compete with $1,200 Layla.   So.....what type of downgrade will this be to justify 5-600 bucks?  No way...not for me.  The only salvation would be if he marketed the crap out of it....tons of advertising and exposure.  Then people will buy it cause they are suckers  (Bose, Beats, Dre).  Just greed, I guess.

Price it at $349...market the hell out of it and go after Bose and Beats.  Use the leverage of all the musicians that use JH Audio (does even one musician use Beats or Bose...ROTFLMAO!).

I don't know, my friend, if that is a valid point. I own the Velvet and it is a three-driver Uni - just huge drivers - as well as my UERM. But, if as you say, it is a simple cheapening of existing models and not a brilliant unit in its own right, then I would stay away as well.

But I won't discount it solely based on the number of drivers.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #21 of 60
Got a response from Angie at JHA... Not surprisingly, a vague answer claiming to know nothing really. I also agree with those who chimed in about the price of these. I imagine they can get every bit of the 61k yen being that they're LE and all. But agree somewhat on the high price for a triple universal. However, noble audio seems to have no problem charging nearly those prices for the same kind of thing.

Hi Blaire,

Thank you for your interest in Jerry Harvey Audio!

Please stay tuned for more information about the TrFi. I don’t have any information about when it will be available.

Thanks,

Angie

Jan 2, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 60
Oh wow! I took a break from head-fi for a few weeks and come back to see that my first pair of iems getting a reboot from JH? Count me in! I can't wait for more information to be available about the "Tri-fi" but its definitely interesting.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #24 of 60
“Limited to 1000 pairs”   CLASSIC MARKETING!
No one EVER wants to be left out so they “limit” the offering to be able to overcharge for the product..

May 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #29 of 60
I hope they fixed the issue with the distant mids. If they did it's worth maybe $250-$350 not $500-$600. The biggest issue is the fit and cable. There's a market for this product internationally not sure why it's Japan only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back