JH Audio TripleFi 10 reboot - Japan only, limited to 1000 pairs
Aug 12, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #31 of 60
I purchased a pair via Buyee, not as good of exchange rate as it once was but I've even saving up just in case. I happened to see that yesterday they released for pre - buy and will officially release on Aug 25 I believe.

They are now officially listed on kakaku, e-earphone, and fujiya-avic for purchase

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #32 of 60
This is the official distributor. At the bottom you can click shop list to see which sites will get some to sell.

http://www.mixwave.co.jp/dcms_plusdb/index.php/item?category=Consumer+AUDIO&cell002=JH+Audio&cell003=TriFi&id=115

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #34 of 60
Wow, $1033 USD. 
mad.gif
  As others have said before, I've been waiting for this release and was hoping JH would put out a mid-level IEM at an affordable price that would appeal to the masses that cannot afford their higher end models. That price will exclude a lot of buyers :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #35 of 60
Wow, $1033 USD. :mad:   As others have said before, I've been waiting for this release and was hoping JH would put out a mid-level IEM at an affordable price that would appeal to the masses that cannot afford their higher end models. That price will exclude a lot of buyers :frowning2:

I ordered them thru Buyee (fee is only about $5) and used their yahoo shopping page since it doesn't have fees to buy. They purchased for me, and will ship to me when it's released. Needless to say that eBay seller is price gouging the hell out of them. The lowest price I've seen is about 63,000 yen. So they can be pre bought for about 650.

EDIT: I completely agree with you. I understand customs are JH's bread and butter, but something affordable that isn't a custom or a $1500 universal seems like a no Brainerd.

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #36 of 60

Wow, $1033 USD. 
mad.gif
  As others have said before, I've been waiting for this release and was hoping JH would put out a mid-level IEM at an affordable price that would appeal to the masses that cannot afford their higher end models. That price will exclude a lot of buyers :frowning2:

I ordered them thru Buyee (fee is only about $5) and used their yahoo shopping page since it doesn't have fees to buy. They purchased for me, and will ship to me when it's released. Needless to say that eBay seller is price gouging the hell out of them. The lowest price I've seen is about 63,000 yen. So they can be pre bought for about 650.

EDIT: I completely agree with you. I understand customs are JH's bread and butter, but something affordable that isn't a custom or a $1500 universal seems like a no Brainerd.

Awesome, that is a little easier to swallow.

On the other hand, have you utilized Buyee before and has it been a good experience? I only ask because on "Trustpilot" it has nothing but bad reviews.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #37 of 60
Awesome, that is a little easier to swallow.

On the other hand, have you utilized Buyee before and has it been a good experience? I only ask because on "Trustpilot" it has nothing but bad reviews.

Crap, no I have only used Tenso to buy from Amazon Japan so I thought Buyee would be OK (they seem to be owned by same company?) I read the reviews and see what you are talking about. I really really hope my experience isn't that way. I bought via PP so hopefully that gives me some protection.

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #40 of 60

Hopefully it will be ok. Good luck.

Well I got notification that my IEMs arrived at Buyee and I paid for EMS shipping... So far so good. I should get notified when they ship and EMS usually gets to me in 2 or 3 days. *fingers crossed*

Hopefully it will be ok. Good luck.

Well I got notification that my IEMs arrived at Buyee and I paid for EMS shipping... So far so good. I should get notified when they ship and EMS usually gets to me in 2 or 3 days. *fingers crossed*

Good for you! Be sure to post back your impressions, we all want to know...
popcorn.gif

I sent a message to the fleabay seller in the link above selling for $1033, and he was somewhat snotty back to me, implying if there was a deal as good as yours he would buy from them. A little while later his ad closed due to the item "was no longer available"?

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #41 of 60
Good for you! Be sure to post back your impressions, we all want to know... :popcorn:

I sent a message to the fleabay seller in the link above selling for $1033, and he was somewhat snotty back to me, implying if there was a deal as good as yours he would buy from them. A little while later his ad closed due to the item "was no longer available"?

Can't believe the ole fleabay seller was so snotty. He knew what the retail was when he listed them. Maybe someone forked over the money to buy at almost 400 over retail?

Mine have officially shipped and are on the way to me! Gonna be hard to wait. Either way I'll definitely post pictures and impressions (I def am not good at describing in typical audiophile language). Can't wait to see these things in person, with the mother of pearl and blue shells!

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #42 of 60

Good for you! Be sure to post back your impressions, we all want to know...
popcorn.gif

Can't believe the ole fleabay seller was so snotty. He knew what the retail was when he listed them. Maybe someone forked over the money to buy at almost 400 over retail?

Mine have officially shipped and are on the way to me! Gonna be hard to wait. Either way I'll definitely post pictures and impressions (I def am not good at describing in typical audiophile language). Can't wait to see these things in person, with the mother of pearl and blue shells!

Or maybe he closed the ad when he got called out on gouging the hell out of them.
mad.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #43 of 60
Hello!
I'm new to head-fi... Well, actually I've been reading a lot but this is my first post...
I'm going to Japan on November and have an opportunity to purchase this headphone, however, I did not find any review in English yet.
Could anybody share some impressions?
Thank you very much!
Maurilio

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #44 of 60
H
Hello!
I'm new to head-fi... Well, actually I've been reading a lot but this is my first post...
I'm going to Japan on November and have an opportunity to purchase this headphone, however, I did not find any review in English yet.
Could anybody share some impressions?
Thank you very much!
Maurilio

Code:
[left] Hello, my brother has brought me a pair last week, if I can help , ask me what you want to know about them.[/left]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back