JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
May 21, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #62 of 329
I understand. Ive tried just about everything but find myself missing the bass and the detail of the ckr10. And for the price its a steal.

I keep hoping audio technica would place some tweeters or something on the ckr10. Then they would be unbeatable.

Other problem is the fact the i have a souped up lgv10 with months wortblh of tuning. So i usually find that when really tuned right and the right source and right quality tracks the ckr10 is in my humble opinion the best thing under $800.

Wow with my tuning and setup i cant imagine any better vocals than the ckr10. But im sure its possible.

May i ask what whats your source? Dac amp setup. Are you using an equalizer?

Also would you rate the rosie or ckr10 above shure se846.

Also how much did the rosie cost? Is it better than the angie?

You probablly can tell im seriously thinking about purchasing them.

I use a Sony Xperia Z3V with PowerAMP as the app. I equalize 8kHz down a little bit on the Rosie as I find that area to be quite too much for me. Cymbals start to ringing and vocals start being sibilant. Probably because I listen to somewhat "poor" recordings. Still with 320kbps mp3's and FLAC files though.

I haven't tried the Shure SE846 yet so I can't say.

I got the Rosie used for 650 USD sold by HiDefLifestyle on Amazon and that was with a gift card that I had used. Right now on Amazon for new it's 899 USD. I haven't tried the Angie's either, sorry. The Rosie is my first IEM that is a JH Audio IEM, and pretty much my first IEM that is out of the 300 USD range that I usually look around. I was looking for an "end-game" IEM and I think I might've found it, though that doesn't mean I'm curious about any other as well haha.

May 21, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #65 of 329
Oh ok. Have you ever tried viper4android?

I just installed it, but unfortunately I don't have my phone rooted yet to use it.

Also im expecting the master 4 or master 6 or hunter to fill in the voids of ckr10.

From which audio company?

May 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #67 of 329
  I just installed it, but unfortunately I don't have my phone rooted yet to use it.

From which audio company?

I submit if you haven't used viper4android you really haven't experienced the full potential of your device.  Not to mention modifying the mixer-paths.xml file.  I also learned how to get rid of the harshness of the ckr10 or any headphone without dulling down the treble.  I've invested about 6 months of tuning to get that near perfect sound.  I will probablly create a post with details. 

That's why i've learned to become cautiouos with headphones because alot of the differences (besides driver type) has to do with tuning.  I really like the ckr10 because it provives a large enough frequency range to get any type of sound with the right tuning.  This is where other headphones simply can't compete.

I noticed that ckr10 performs exceptionally well with amplification where other headphones would start to sound distorted.  For example, I tried the jvxfx850 it sounds really good, but when you really start to add power and customization, the bass or sound really becomes distorted.  That's what makes the push pull technology so special is because it controls distortion really well and amplifies the sound.  But other headphones will start to distort. 

I've purchased headphones above $800 and below and they really are a steal!  But I'm really curious about the multi-driver JHAudio.

Do you plan on selling the Rosie anytime soon?

May 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #68 of 329
  I submit if you haven't used viper4android you really haven't experienced the full potential of your device.  Not to mention modifying the mixer-paths.xml file.  I also learned how to get rid of the harshness of the ckr10 or any headphone without dulling down the treble.  I've invested about 6 months of tuning to get that near perfect sound.  I will probablly create a post with details. 

That's why i've learned to become cautiouos with headphones because alot of the differences (besides driver type) has to do with tuning.  I really like the ckr10 because it provives a large enough frequency range to get any type of sound with the right tuning.  This is where other headphones simply can't compete.

I noticed that ckr10 performs exceptionally well with amplification where other headphones would start to sound distorted.  For example, I tried the jvxfx850 it sounds really good, but when you really start to add power and customization, the bass or sound really becomes distorted.  That's what makes the push pull technology so special is because it controls distortion really well and amplifies the sound.  But other headphones will start to distort. 

I've purchased headphones above $800 and below and they really are a steal!  But I'm really curious about the multi-driver JHAudio.

Do you plan on selling the Rosie anytime soon?

In fact, Rosie has a little distortion on Mid-Bass when you open the bass knob to the end, give the IEMs 1000mw and listen loud as hell. I wondered it's limit and I tried. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides that, Rosie is the best thing I've ever heard. Only thing I'm complaining is the stock tips. They are hurting my ears. I tried Spinfits but they sound muddy compared to stock tips. I have to find a tip that sounds good and it souldn't hurt my ears.

Aaand I'll just leave this photos here; 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #69 of 329
  Only thing I'm complaining is the stock tips. They are hurting my ears. I tried Spinfits but they sound muddy compared to stock tips. I have to find a tip that sounds good and it souldn't hurt my ears.

Try Westone silicon Startips. It looks like they will never fit, but they will stretch and fit with a little effort. Have em both on Laylas and Rosie. You want the shorter ones because they just fit and all 3 bores are completely clear.

May 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #71 of 329
  curious about how the Rosie compares to the SE846..!!!

Build quality and customer service - hands down SE846 is superior. JH and AK are still confused as to who deals with warranties on the Siren universal series.

Features - equal because you have base tuning on the Rosie and 3 sound filters on the SE846

Sound - purely a preference. If you want deeper sub bass, lush mids, and laid back highs go SE846. If you want more balance with a touch of mid warmth go Rosie. SE846 is one of the most sensitive IEMs and will result is some amount of background hiss except for higher end amps and DACs.

Price - same, but Rosie includes balanced cable and SE846 does not

Comfort - same, but the major difference if fit design means some will only find comfort in one but not the other. Personally, I could not get SE846 to fit comfortably, but the JH designs fit nearly as well as customs.

May 26, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #72 of 329
Can i use 

Build quality and customer service - hands down SE846 is superior. JH and AK are still confused as to who deals with warranties on the Siren universal series.

Features - equal because you have base tuning on the Rosie and 3 sound filters on the SE846

Sound - purely a preference. If you want deeper sub bass, lush mids, and laid back highs go SE846. If you want more balance with a touch of mid warmth go Rosie. SE846 is one of the most sensitive IEMs and will result is some amount of background hiss except for higher end amps and DACs.

Price - same, but Rosie includes balanced cable and SE846 does not

Comfort - same, but the major difference if fit design means some will only find comfort in one but not the other. Personally, I could not get SE846 to fit comfortably, but the JH designs fit nearly as well as customs.

1.  Can i wotkout in angie or rosie or se846?

2.  Can you compare the angie to se846 and or rosie?

May 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #73 of 329
  Can i use 
1.  Can i wotkout in angie or rosie or se846?

2.  Can you compare the angie to se846 and or rosie?

1. Probably not. They are not designed to handle sweat very well and the connectors may eventually corrode from the acid in your sweat.

2. I only had a brief listen to Angie and the tips did not fit all that well so no real feedback.

May 26, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #74 of 329

1. Probably not. They are not designed to handle sweat very well and the connectors may eventually corrode from the acid in your sweat.

2. I only had a brief listen to Angie and the tips did not fit all that well so no real feedback.

Thanks.  What about day to day commuting?

May 26, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #75 of 329
  Thanks.  What about day to day commuting?

That's up to you LOL. I got the Rosie because I thought I got too many strangers staring at my Laylas! But given the amount of ambient noise and just using my DAP, there is essential no sound quality difference with any of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back