JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #241 of 329

yup i think i need some good medium and very responsive bass.

i  bought the Onkyo DP-X1A which should hit my door soon, and considering the Rosie ... any idea of which others IEM i should consider ? people told me the Campfire Andromeda and Heir 10.0 are better than the Rosie , but Rosie's reviews also said the soundstage is really cool ..

Earsonics S-EM9, CA Vega, CA Dorado, 64 Audio U12, tia forte(if you can afford)

Don't bother with Andromeda for hip-hop/rap. Andromeda was never made for these genres. Andro has a thinnish bass and overall sound which will leave you desired for more for these 2 genres. Campfire Audio's co-flagships Dorado and Vega on the other hand.....

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #242 of 329
The 64 audio Tia Forte is not even in an affordable dream.

you seems to have tested few Campfire IEM . Dorado and Vega ... so the Lyra should be in the same kind of rendering ?

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #243 of 329
  The 64 audio Tia Forte is not even in an affordable dream.

you seems to have tested few Campfire IEM . Dorado and Vega ... so the Lyra should be in the same kind of rendering ?

If you are considering Lyra, I would suggest you pony up and directly buy either Dorado or Vega. It's not worth it to dabble in mid-fi at all. You'll just want to upgrade a few months later

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #245 of 329
  Thank you for your help Seamon .
i will take seriously a look about Rosie, Dorado/vega and Heir 10.0

I would consider Dorado and Vega to be at a higher tier than Rosie. Rosie is upper-mid tier. Dorado and Vega is true TOTL

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #247 of 329
  Looks like i will have to save quite a bit and turn myself to the Vega so

Campfire Audio provides the best bang for your buck in the industry. The Vega sound is compared to be quite similar to tia forte and that is 3x the price

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #248 of 329
Well , the reviews i read about the different campfire IEM are agree with you .... i will take few minutes and try to find some about the Dorado and Vega since i haven't read them .
Thank you for all your time and advises !

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #249 of 329
Hi, i got my rosie and listen to it for few weeks with ipod tpuch gen5 n ibasso x80.
I found out the vocal/mid is lay back... when listen with sony pha3 will bring back...

Is the layback same as u guys or i got the defect item? Lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #250 of 329
Hi, i got my rosie and listen to it for few weeks with ipod tpuch gen5 n ibasso x80.
I found out the vocal/mid is lay back... when listen with sony pha3 will bring back...

Yes, Rosie is V-shaped.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #251 of 329

Can confirm. Rosie vocals are placed far back. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #252 of 329

yep, your hearing is good.
if you want the vocal in front of you, choose angie

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #253 of 329
Guys, thank you and appreciate the replies.... i read many reviews as i can but no body mention about it....
also mayb i misunderstand the reviews...

trying to sell it because i prefer something like dt1770, dt880 or jh13, but i dont think it easy to sell in Malaysia 
o2smile.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #254 of 329
Can someone give a more detailled description of Rosies sound, especially compared to Angie?
(Yes I read the thread top to bottom)
It is kinda hard to find on the net, I am still not sure what exactly it is all about....
What is fascinating about Rosie, what is unexpected for the money,what is the difference to Angie?
Given that it is inspired by the JH13 and it is the same price  as the JH13v2 universal, 
but still the little sister of the little sister of Layla, but with the same amount of driver as Angie (yes it is 8, I asked, their website is lying :wink: ).... .
Please solve this mystery for me.
And what is the resolving cabability compared with the new Etymotic or JH 13 v2 e.g.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #255 of 329

If they didn't change the sound signature, yes.
They said Rosie is the universal version of the JH13FP Pro. It had 6 drivers. Then they did release a custom V2 version. They said it has 6 drivers as well. Then they released something called "Performance Series". Performance Series JH13V2 Universal has 8 drivers and after few months also they said they made a mistake, custom V2 also had a 8 driver configuration. No one even noticed until few days ago. Even Rosie may have 8 drivers. JH doesn't know what they are doing. 
biggrin.gif

Shortly, they probably sound the same but V2 probably has little improvements on the treble side.

On their website it Rosie hs six.
On Astell and Kerns Rosie has 8.
So I conntcted them and asked.
Rosie has 8 :wink: Theymixxed up their iofo on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back