Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 23, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #301 of 1,253
Just gorgeous. I don't have a real picture. But just take half of the photoshop on this marketing picture and you will have it. :)
They are beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on this Silver Matrix and Copper Matrix limited edition last time but I already have Layla AION at that time. The custom look great :thumbsup:

Mar 23, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #303 of 1,253
How long is the wait?
Around 12-14 days if you only order their existing designs that are available to everyone. Order something unique and it will take longer.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #304 of 1,253
Oh no haha I found my perfect song about Jolene 😛😛😛😝

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #306 of 1,253
Mar 24, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #307 of 1,253
Mar 24, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #311 of 1,253
It was Deezel177s review that made me go for the Jolene instead :) I was about to buy the mest 2 first.
Heh, gotta admit, that really influenced me too, but also price (for universal). It's just hard (*for me*) to pay basically the same for MEST-II that I would pay for uni Jolene. I'm still evaluating, but my strong lean right now is universal Jolene.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #313 of 1,253
I'm in the process of ordering Jolene too. I was ready to order but the non-recessed 2-pin sockets put me off. I had a UM CIEM over a decade ago that started to fall off because of this and I thought everyone used recessed sockets now.
Pretty sure JH 7-pins is much (much), better and reliable than the 2-pins and MMCX.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #314 of 1,253
Heh, gotta admit, that really influenced me too, but also price (for universal). It's just hard (*for me*) to pay basically the same for MEST-II that I would pay for uni Jolene. I'm still evaluating, but my strong lean right now is universal Jolene.
Lucky you for getting a good/comfortable fit with universals I guess.
I tried a universal Layla at a store in Japan and realised it wouldn't work, at least not if I wasn't just sitting down when listening.

Customs to me feel like very big decision, not to mention the time and costs of impressions, refits, return shipping, etc.
You often have to buy blind in the UK as well, especially if it's a fairly new model.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #315 of 1,253
Pretty sure JH 7-pins is much (much), better and reliable than the 2-pins and MMCX.
Definitely, but also the adjustment module seems handy (compared to, say, removable modules or filters – never bothered to roll when I've had the option the past, with ADEL/APEX and so on).
Still, a recessed 2-pin would have totally been fine – if a suitably reliable TWS adapter came along I would buy it. The Shure adapter seemed promising (MMCX) but the connection was glitchy on mine. From what I can see JH released a Bluetooth cable (4-pin) and then discontinued it and might never bother to try again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back