Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 20, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #256 of 1,253
I kinda stepped back to what I knew well and redone my position in audio gear selection. But I have to say Jolene has my full attention!

I do love my og but I will give Jolene a chance as what I read and see really attracts my attention

yes, the Jolene looks quite attractive to me as well. 👍

Mar 20, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #257 of 1,253
Is there any news on the release date of the universal version?

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #261 of 1,253
@Deezel177 Thanks for the helpful Jolene first impressions and the super quick turnaround too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat::thumbsup:

Have been really on the fence for a while but this really did it for me.. finally, am going to lose my first custom virginity to this irresistible nice Jolene :sweat_smile:. Hope I didn’t make the wrong decision haha.

Aaa sweet Jolena ! Here she comes ! You getting the custom or universal?

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #262 of 1,253
@Deezel177 Thanks for the helpful Jolene first impressions and the super quick turnaround too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat::thumbsup:

Have been really on the fence for a while but this really did it for me.. finally, am going to lose my first custom virginity to this irresistible nice Jolene :sweat_smile:. Hope I didn’t make the wrong decision haha.
You sound just like me... Very on the fence, and seriously considering the jolene as my first custom.

All of you guys are really not helping my impatience. Must wait for demo!

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #263 of 1,253
Aaa sweet Jolena ! Here she comes ! You getting the custom or universal?
Custom. IMO it’s best to go custom for JHA high-performance IEMs. JHA only releases limited universal version of their IEMs (other than those that they cooperated with Astell&Kern). It’s probably because the technologies their employed requires a lot space and it’s not easy to fit them into smaller shell. So, universal will likely need different sonic tube sound chassis (to fit smaller shell), which I’m not sure will still have the exact same sound profile as the custom. Just my 2 cents.

You sound just like me... Very on the fence, and seriously considering the jolene as my first custom.

All of you guys are really not helping my impatience. Must wait for demo!
I always wanted to try out my first custom, so this is it. I’m buying blind as I got no way to try out the demo. I can only have an educated guess based on Daniel’s impressions and some limited reviews, but I have trust in JH products. Hope it will turn out great *finger crossed*.

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #264 of 1,253
Custom. IMO it’s best to go custom for JHA high-performance IEMs. JHA only releases limited universal version of their IEMs (other than those that they cooperated with Astell&Kern). It’s probably because the technologies their employed requires a lot space and it’s not easy to fit them into smaller shell. So, universal will likely need different sonic tube sound chassis (to fit smaller shell), which I’m not sure will still have the exact same sound profile as the custom. Just my 2 cents.

I always wanted to try out my first custom, so this is it. I’m buying blind as I got no way to try out the demo. I can only have an educated guess based on Daniel’s impressions and some limited reviews, but I have trust in JH products. Hope it will turn out great *finger crossed*.
Im at the same point as you. I have wanted to try a custom IEM for some time especially since I have a hard time getting long term comfortable fits on most IEMs. I even went as far as getting impressions made last summer and some custom tips made, which are obviously not the same. And while basically all my other IEMs have been blind buys so far, even at prices close to this, I am just extremely hesitant to spend this much money on an IEM I will essentially be unable to sell (except maybe at a huge loss) without getting to hear it first. I also started losing some weight this past year so that makes me hesitant as well since I know weight can potentially affect the fit (my custom tips though still fit fine). Luckily for me, I am on the waiting list to get a demo directly from JH and was told that it should hopefully be within the next two weeks. I am just impatient and really want to hear them, though at this point, it would actually likely be just as long or longer until I actually received them.

Anyways, best of luck with the purchase, they seem like they should be quite good!

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #265 of 1,253
Im at the same point as you. I have wanted to try a custom IEM for some time especially since I have a hard time getting long term comfortable fits on most IEMs. I even went as far as getting impressions made last summer and some custom tips made, which are obviously not the same. And while basically all my other IEMs have been blind buys so far, even at prices close to this, I am just extremely hesitant to spend this much money on an IEM I will essentially be unable to sell (except maybe at a huge loss) without getting to hear it first. I also started losing some weight this past year so that makes me hesitant as well since I know weight can potentially affect the fit (my custom tips though still fit fine). Luckily for me, I am on the waiting list to get a demo directly from JH and was told that it should hopefully be within the next two weeks. I am just impatient and really want to hear them, though at this point, it would actually likely be just as long or longer until I actually received them.

Anyways, best of luck with the purchase, they seem like they should be quite good!
Thanks.
Yeah, same here. Universal fit/comfort is also a risk if you can’t try them before buying. Of those I have, they’re mostly ok but still I am not entirely happy (excect for my Odin which surprising fit me like it’s custom made for my ears lol). In my experience, no amount tip rolling will solve the problem if the shell is just not the right match to our ears. For custom, at least you can ask for re-fit if there’s any problem.

All the best for your demo. Look forward to hear how you find the Jolene.

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #266 of 1,253
Mar 21, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #267 of 1,253
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #268 of 1,253
Mar 21, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #270 of 1,253

Users who are viewing this thread

Back