Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 10, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #121 of 1,253
Also, this is one of the inconsistencies with Headfonics' review that I mentioned when I shared the link. I believe @marcusd mentioned the Jolene actually had a bit more air than the Layla. The only way both impressions could be true is exactly what I outlined above: The Jolene's treble isn't reduced, but it's more linear with less of an abrupt peak.

Just want to pick up on this to avoid confusion. The specific mention of air is in regard to the bass module at maximum settings which changes their stock tuning. The old bass module of my Layla colors the response very differently to the bass module on the Jolene. The Jolene handles max bass much better and I love it whereas I felt the max setting on the Layla was just too bloomy and overpowering. Hope this helps :relaxed:

1615386583670.png

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #123 of 1,253
Here's a very rough look at the Jolene's universal demo - and, perhaps, its production universal shell - from one of JH's Instagram stories. It certainly looks AION-esque to me.

IMG_46311.jpg
Thanks for sharing that! Just got added to the waiting list for a demo, so hopefully I'll be able to spend a little time with them before too long!

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #124 of 1,253
Thanks for sharing that! Just got added to the waiting list for a demo, so hopefully I'll be able to spend a little time with them before too long!
you are much wiser than I...demo'ing first is the way to go!

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #125 of 1,253
Here's a very rough look at the Jolene's universal demo - and, perhaps, its production universal shell - from one of JH's Instagram stories. It certainly looks AION-esque to me.

IMG_46311.jpg
@Deezel177 i am super impressed you caught this...i saw this IG story as well and totally missed this little guy hanging out in the bottom corner. eagle eyes!

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #126 of 1,253
you are much wiser than I...demo'ing first is the way to go!
Yea... Sort of. I've been agonizing about it all week. Actually have them in my cart ready to check out since I didn't think I would be able to demo based on the first email conversation I had with jh. But knowing I can demo them, I can be patient, and I'll feel a lot more comfortable going for customs if I can actually listen first.

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #127 of 1,253
Yea... Sort of. I've been agonizing about it all week. Actually have them in my cart ready to check out since I didn't think I would be able to demo based on the first email conversation I had with jh. But knowing I can demo them, I can be patient, and I'll feel a lot more comfortable going for customs if I can actually listen first.
Makes total sense. So you’re getting the demo from JH directly? I went through a retailer and was told they didn’t have a demo available.

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #128 of 1,253
Makes total sense. So you’re getting the demo from JH directly? I went through a retailer and was told they didn’t have a demo available.
Yes. I actually emailed them over the weekend and was told they didn't have demos available. So I registered on their site to add to my cart and play with options. They reached out to me by email today so I asked again. Said demos would be available in the coming weeks and they would put me on the wait list for one. But that's all the info I have.

Interestingly, the listings (both custom and universal) at audio 46 seem to be gone, and moon audio only has the custom listed now. Maybe they jumped the gun there.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #129 of 1,253
Yes. I actually emailed them over the weekend and was told they didn't have demos available. So I registered on their site to add to my cart and play with options. They reached out to me by email today so I asked again. Said demos would be available in the coming weeks and they would put me on the wait list for one. But that's all the info I have.

Interestingly, the listings (both custom and universal) at audio 46 seem to be gone, and moon audio only has the custom listed now. Maybe they jumped the gun there.
Got it - that’s interesting.
So you had the custom in your cart, then, I presume.
I haven’t visited audio46 or moon since I pre-ordered from audio46 last week. Interesting that the uni’s have since been taken down...

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #130 of 1,253
Got it - that’s interesting.
So you had the custom in your cart, then, I presume.
I haven’t visited audio46 or moon since I pre-ordered from audio46 last week. Interesting that the uni’s have since been taken down...
Yea I had (still have) the custom in my cart. They don't have a universal jolene on their site. I think they emailed today to reach out more so because I registered on their site though, not because I have it in my cart. I assume it's something they do since they likely work much more with professionals.

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #131 of 1,253

IMG_46311.jpg
That girl THICC

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #132 of 1,253
If it is gonna be released in the AION shell... I’ll have no problem with fit. 😂

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #133 of 1,253
I've got a pair of universal Lola's. Love the sound, but the fit leaves a little to be desired, and have really wanted customs for a while now. The Jolene's sound like they're going to be like upgraded Lola's from what I'm reading. Looks like they're using the same mid range dynamic drivers, but adding dynamic bass as well. My only complaints with the Lola is that it can be a little sibilant with certain recordings, and the sub bass could be a little fuller to my ears. I think the Jolene will improve on both of these! I might have to finally get my wish to go with customs.

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #135 of 1,253
Jolene has been in my cart since Friday.
Hahaha mine as well. Do we know until when the deal of free signature design goes on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back