Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 7, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #63 of 1,253
Tiger is very interested! This had to come out just a few days after that I claimed my end game gear haha 😅
You’ve been around headfi long enough to know there is no end game. End of wallets maybe.

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #64 of 1,253
You’ve been around headfi long enough to know there is no end game. End of wallets maybe.
For the Tiger, every gear he has at the moment is his endgame. Until the next one comes along :relaxed:

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #65 of 1,253
Hey Guys... end game for a few weeks is easy. I want to see the "End Championship"! Lol 🤣

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #66 of 1,253
For the Tiger, every gear he has at the moment is his endgame. Until the next one comes along :relaxed:
It’s not just endgame it’s best in the world and anything that isn’t that is relegated to “not very good” or second league.

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #67 of 1,253
I was looking at the frequency response graph and noticed that the x-axis has evenly spaced grid.... what can anyone help me try to figure out the values of each line?
normally the freq response doesn’t have evenly spaced lines.... don’t know if this changes things a little about the values.....
Excited about the Jolenes!!! I like JH audio stuff but my only complaint was the lack of deep sub-bass... so hopefully these twins 9.2mm drivers will fix this issue!

Attachments

• 045A7780-7303-4EB9-B0F5-EA5A27E0C533.jpeg
    045A7780-7303-4EB9-B0F5-EA5A27E0C533.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #68 of 1,253
I was looking at the frequency response graph and noticed that the x-axis has evenly spaced grid.... what can anyone help me try to figure out the values of each line?
normally the freq response doesn’t have evenly spaced lines.... don’t know if this changes things a little about the values.....
Excited about the Jolenes!!! I like JH audio stuff but my only complaint was the lack of deep sub-bass... so hopefully these twins 9.2mm drivers will fix this issue!

It looks like the frequency graph is sectioned off by driver frequency range. The 20-400 is the 9.2 DDs, the 400-4000 is the 4.9 DDs, etc. As a result, I would divide the number of increases between each specified frequency and divide it into the difference. For example, 4000 to 10,000 is a difference of 6000. Divide 6000 by four and you get 1500 Hz per each graduation.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #69 of 1,253

There is always a possible end game :)

:smile_cat: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
there is some truth in that yes hehe

It’s not just endgame it’s best in the world and anything that isn’t that is relegated to “not very good” or second league.

Exactly and even I will step it up a notch more! In the GALAXY !

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #70 of 1,253
It looks like the frequency graph is sectioned off by driver frequency range. The 20-400 is the 9.2 DDs, the 400-4000 is the 4.9 DDs, etc.

mmm yea when almost say here that the quad DD are pretty much covering the whole half of the frequencies here

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #71 of 1,253
I wouldn't take this FR very seriously. JH never dips at 400Hz, never. At least he never had, and I hope he never will.

On a side note, is Janis officially dead?

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #72 of 1,253
Do we have a picture of the universal circling around? If not, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I don't think they will do it in the Performance Series form factor, only in the Aion series form factor. And as of now, they have only figured out how to cram 12 BA drivers into that design. They haven't figured out how to fit the Lola DD in there, let alone another DD bass driver.

JH, if you are reading this, just do a Performance Series Jolene...

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #73 of 1,253
I wouldn't take this FR very seriously. JH never dips at 400Hz, never. At least he never had, and I hope he never will.

On a side note, is Janis officially dead?
Maybe they're trying something new. I don't think JH would put a graphic like that in the video if it wasn't the least bit accurate. At least, they wouldn't have added the numbers if it was gonna mislead people. Headfonics' review mentions a dip to 400-500Hz too, and the review was written before the video came out. So, there's very likely some truth to that graph.

Do we have a picture of the universal circling around? If not, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I don't think they will do it in the Performance Series form factor, only in the Aion series form factor. And as of now, they have only figured out how to cram 12 BA drivers into that design. They haven't figured out how to fit the Lola DD in there, let alone another DD bass driver.

JH, if you are reading this, just do a Performance Series Jolene...
AV ONE (one of JH's dealers in Singapore) confirmed the universals on Instagram today and mentioned that they'll have images of them soon. So, we won't have to wait much longer to find out what they look like.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #74 of 1,253
I also would imagine that moon and audio 46 wouldn't have the listings if they were just "guessing" that there would be universals.

I did however contact jh, and the person I spoke with said they could make universals but I would have to work with them on it. Not sure if that means they aren't planning to sell universals directly, or if there will be some customization still necessary.

Also, no demos available right now. Which is a shame. I am really interested, but I have major reservations about purchasing at this price point without being able to demo, especially if I get a custom made since resale will be a pain or I will likely lose a lot of value, if even possible. Though I did at least get confirmation that they take stl files if anyone was wondering.

Decisions decisions.

Edit: I also have reservations personally about a universal for these. I imagine with that driver config they will be quite large, and the chance of a good comfortable fit for me with large iems is usually low.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back