JH Audio JH13 Pro - good for monitoring?
Aug 17, 2014 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kern3l

New Head-Fier
Hey,

every week I'm talking for hours to a microphone and I'd like to know if JH Audio JH13 would be good for monitoring. Most of all I wonder whether they're comfortable when talking and if they have any flaws - related to talking - that I have to be aware of.

Generally I'm looking for one headphones for all my needs. Looking from every side JH13 seems like a best option, but I haven't seen opinions about their capabilities for monitoring.

Thanks in advance! ;]

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 5
If you want to spend that much then sure. But since you're only talking/listening then how high quality do the voices actually have to be.

They're custom in ear monitors so if you get a good impression you won't have any problems while talking though it might feel a bit weird at first.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 5
My main concerns are: comfort (ear canal is moving when talking) and loud reverb on all "em"s (I forgot the name of this phenomenon) which happens in every non-custom IEMs - does it happen in customs? I know that most vocal live performances are made with customs, but I've never heard thoughts on pros and cons.

Such money because I'm looking for one-to-conquer-them-all solution for monitoring, audio production and music listening in various environments ;]

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 5
My main concerns are: comfort (ear canal is moving when talking) and loud reverb on all "em"s (I forgot the name of this phenomenon) which happens in every non-custom IEMs - does it happen in customs? I know that most vocal live performances are made with customs, but I've never heard thoughts on pros and cons.

Such money because I'm looking for one-to-conquer-them-all solution for monitoring, audio production and music listening in various environments ;]

I'm eating some chewy candy right now while listening to my customs. No problems with comfort for me. Same with talking. Remember that these were originally made for musicians, and they sing/move around on stage. As long as you get a perfect fit, you're good to go.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say "em", but a headphone supremus will probably come here soon and say something. They're watching, they're always watching.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Awesome, thank you!

One more thing, could you say for example "HiFiMan’s loud buzzing" several times and check if there's any reverb inside of ear? In IE8 I hear loud buzzing/humming. This is the issue I mentioned earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back