JH Audio have lost my JH16's and UE11's
Dec 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #136 of 228

Quote:
I think you should really allow JHA to work it out. You should sit back and chill. There are people like me trying to give you a different perpective of the situation, but you choose to go by your own understanding. I honestly belive that this is your own doing. Goodvibe made some really excellent points. Did you not fully insure your package? Why the moaning and the crying if you didn't? You should take it like a man and suck it up.

Quote:

Well that is more then obvious from your first post here and it is your right to do as you wish. I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to anymore of your messages as my thread has already been locked once due to your comments and peoples replies to you. Have a nice life my friend.

no need for sexist comments, just because he is only twenty, doesn't mean you can challenge his masculinity to influence how he thinks and acts

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #137 of 228

Quote:
I think you should really allow JHA to work it out. You should sit back and chill. There are people like me trying to give you a different perpective of the situation, but you choose to go by your own understanding. I honestly belive that this is your own doing. Goodvibe made some really excellent points. Did you not fully insure your package? Why the moaning and the crying if you didn't? You should take it like a man and suck it up.

Given that the package was noted as received and "confirmed" by JH Audio as such, then the onus is on them.  If it wasn't, they need to clear it up.  While it might be customary to say "we have it" and give some vague lead time, a proper business also checks that they indeed have it to specifically avoid incidents like this one.  While I want to give the benefit of the doubt to JH Audio, there is no denying they could have handled themselves in a more professional manner.  That said, I truly do hope that the OP's stuff is somehow stuck in some unopened box or somesuch, which was essentiallt forgotten about with the move.  That said, incidents like this one and others, do not inspire that much confidence.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #138 of 228
OP, you really have nothing to gain by discounting any possibility at this point.  You are also placing far too much faith in the tracking info.  You sent something; the recipient says they didn't get it.  Insurance exists for such situations.  Who cares what USPS says--no company in the history of the world has actually wanted to pay out on a claim.  By making a claim, you just keep open another possible avenue whereby you could recoup at last a portion of your loss.  Let USPS do some investigation on its own other than saying "it's delivered because we say so."  Again, it's not an extremely likely possibility, but one I would certainly want to make sure I pursued if I were in your place.  FWIW, I also think it's just as highly unlikely that JHA is committing fraud by knowingly misplacing your IEMs and then stating that they never received them.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #139 of 228

Quote:

There is not one single thing to actually show they never received the package whereas the tracking shows it was delivered, if it was delivered to the wrong place then it would have been to one of the other premises around them as I'm sure the post man would not have been that stupid to gave delivered it to a totally different street then Mark it as delivered, and those emails sent to me ain't just her giving estimates on shipping time, why would someone say they would send something out when they did not even have it to send out then do the same again and also appologise for the delay. People don't go around apologising for a delay on soothing when they never received it in the first place.JHA have misplaced customs many times before, couple ofpeople have already commented on this and I have also pasted a link to someones post on another thread about a similar issues onthe last page.

I just think that you're taking it too far. You say that they know they have them and then use Britany's search as proof of them posibly being delivered near by. Why would she do that if she knew they were there? You can't have both ways You're basically calling them deceptive and liars and I'm sure that's not the case as I don't think anyone has ever been ripped off by JHA. Did they find and make it right in the thread that you found? It took an hour to locate.

Of course people apologise for delays even when they don't know why. It's delayed. That they didn't verify delivery is an issue but not the important one. I've had my packages delivered to the next block with a different street name more than once so I don't understand how you can assume it impossible or that a shipper is infallible because you've had good fortune with them in the past. I've also got out of paying for something that was delivered elsewhere by pulling up the sig. I suspect they were delivered somewhere and hopefully that was JHA. 

You've yet to admit it was a mistake to not insure for the correct amount or ask for a sig. Is i tyour fault they're lost? No but stuff happens and that's what we try to protect ourselves from. I sign for everything delivered daily to my place of business via UPS or Fed EX so no, it's not unusual and especially for so for high valued packages. The reason they were sent isn't the issue either. It's unfortunate but they have no responsibility until the item is in their posession unless they harm your recovery of ins. It's not like they aren't trying to find them and sort through what actually happened. Perhaps you don't believe that's the case either but history has shown otherwise even if they haven't been perfect. If they were ignoring you, that would be very different but they are not. You're freaked out and upset but rallying the troops isn't the solution. I think nice might get you more in the end if they find out that they aren't at fault. I don't undestand why you have such an issue with the possibility that JH may not have them or coverinng your butt when shipping is a good thing. For your benefit, I hope they are and have unknowingly misplaced them which I have never said wasn't a strong possibility. As strong as any. It's just not the only one. Good luck.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #140 of 228
Guess you didn't read the part where he said that the max insurable amount was 500 euros, or that the service does not offer signatures on delivery, or that he's used the same company multiple times with success, or that buying the above mentioned would cost 8 times as much for a barebones service with extra insurance.

Shipping company says it's delivered.
JHA gives an ETA.
JHA can't find it.

It's obvious where the responsibility lies but pushing them will do no good. As long as they are aware of the situation and are trying all in their power to resolve it, I wouldn't poke at anything.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #141 of 228

I just think that you're taking it too far. You say that they know they have them and then use Britany's search as proof of them posibly being delivered near by. You can't have both ways. Did they find and make it right in the thread that you found? Of course people apologise for delays even when they don't know why. It's delayed. That they didn't verify delivery is an issue but not the important one. I've had my packages delivered to the next block with a different street name more than once so I don't understand how you can assume it impossible or that a shipper is infallible because you've had good fortune with them in the past. I've also got out of paying for something that was delivered elsewhere by pulling up the sig. I suspect they were delivered somewhere and hopefully that was JHA. 

You've yet to admit it was a mistake to not insure for the correct amount or ask for a sig. I sign for everything delivered daily to my place of business via UPS or Fed EX so no, it's not unusual and especially for so for high valued packages. The reason they were sent isn't the issue either. It's unfortunate but they have no responsibility until the item is in their posession unless they harm your recovery of ins. It's not like they aren't trying to find them and sort through what actually happened. Perhaps you don't believe that's the case either but history has shown otherwise even if they haven't been perfect. If they were ignoring you, that would be very different but they are not. You're freaked out and upset but rallying the troops isn't the solution. I think nice might get you more in the end if they find out that they aren't at fault. For your benefit, I hope they are and have unknowingly misplaced them which I have never said wasn't a strong possibility. It's just not the only one. Good luck.

I'm not going to say that sending with a sig required and more insurance was ammistake because I don't believe it is, here in the uk I have sent many packages with next day special delivery which requires a signature which can see seen online and almost always it's someone who has just put either a line through or a little scribble and it's hardly ever the persons actual signature, so getting a signature dont always show who signed for it and for reference I will post some of tracking numbers here in the morning and you can check the signatures people give. I did also send my impressions to JHA with a sig required service which is actually also cheaper but offers lower ins so when the post office opens I will request the sig confirmation and post a picture here and we can see if some actually done their real signature or just a scribble.
Like I said before as some seem to keep asking why I send such high value item with such low value and why would JHA believe that, here's the tracking from the last time I sent my JH16's in for refit using this same exact service, it can be tracked on USPS.
LY384113413GB

EDIT. Also can you tell me where exactly I'm trying to say that Brittany's search is proof they was delivered near by?

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #142 of 228
To The OP. I hope they will find your package or some how make it up to you, but while they are doing this I suggest you start finding out everything about how to claim the insurance money. I think it was indeed a mistake to not insure it for the full price or to get a sig, an expensive lesson for the future I guess....

To Others who rip on OP...why? From everything I read he sounded like he was handeling it in a good manner and just telling people about his experience, Why are you all accusing him, insulting him and blaming him? The situation is not even resolved, JH Audio didnt say what they will or will not do, yet you want him to act like nothing happend and his package never got lost? a 2000$ package got lost and he should be acting as its nothing, even though delivery confiramtion states it was delivered ( which normaly means it was delivered to the right address btw) .I don't know but the people accusing him and insulting him sound like spoiled 12 year olds...as I like to think, dont have anything nice to say then GTFO.

That is all...

Once again good luck OP I hope everything will work out for you. 

P.S Read Trysaeder's post...it explains everything...

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #143 of 228
Guess you didn't read the part where he said that the max insurable amount was 500 euros, or that the service does not offer signatures on delivery, or that he's used the same company multiple times with success, or that buying the above mentioned would cost 8 times as much for a barebones service with extra insurance.

Then you pay 8 times or split the shipment to cover costs. Past success is pretty meaningless unless he's shipped hundreds of items. Come on, it's USPS.
confused_face.gif

Shipping company says it's delivered. Where?

JHA gives an ETA.     This is the only part that they should have been more diigent but estimating from normal turn arounds is not unusual. Did you consider the delay was because they may not have actually had them?

JHA can't find it   Hopefully they have misplaced it and if so they will find them or it would be a first.   

Quote:

Shipping company says it's delivered.
JHA gives an ETA.
JHA can't find it.

It's obvious where the responsibility lies but pushing them will do no good. As long as they are aware of the situation and are trying all in their power to resolve it, I wouldn't poke at anything.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #144 of 228

OP, you really have nothing to gain by discounting any possibility at this point.  You are also placing far too much faith in the tracking info.  You sent something; the recipient says they didn't get it.  Insurance exists for such situations.  Who cares what USPS says--no company in the history of the world has actually wanted to pay out on a claim.  By making a claim, you just keep open another possible avenue whereby you could recoup at last a portion of your loss.  Let USPS do some investigation on its own other than saying "it's delivered because we say so."  Again, it's not an extremely likely possibility, but one I would certainly want to make sure I pursued if I were in your place.  FWIW, I also think it's just as highly unlikely that JHA is committing fraud by knowingly misplacing your IEMs and then stating that they never received them.

Don't get me wrong I sure will be chasing this up with both USPS and Royal Mail and I'm not only placing faith on the tracking, I'm also going by what I was told by JHA and maybe they did simply just make a mistake by the 2 emails and Brittany has already told me she will make this right after the post office has checked to see it was not delivered to another mail box but I don't see how now after nearly 2 weeks. I do hope they find and all this blows over.
All I want end of the day is just my customs back and maybe some of my comments toward JHA were a little strong, if so I appologise for that as I am a little stressed at the moment due to all this.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #146 of 228

I think you need to grow up a little, this is now the third time you have tried to insult me.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #149 of 228
the signature and ID verification is important because in situations like these you can request to see the signature on delivery reciept from the post office and can prove it is not your signature- hence the fault is on the postman. the mail man has responsibilty to sight ID and verify the signature, and if it doesn't match your claim will have better chance. its no defence to just say people scribble anyway so its useless...those people that scribble probably are not sending goods worth over $2000...
If I was running a business like JH where I get expensive equipment shipped daily, I would make sure to sign everything off properly in case of such incidents. and would also demand every customer use ID verification and signature when shipping their items to them.

To soviet 911, I don't think many are blaming the OP at all, and most (including myself) sympathize with his situation. I came out in my first post strongly supporting that JH should find a way to help the OP. However, his claims of JH losing without any strong evidence is just not helping him, and making his case look like a disgruntled customer blaming the company without considering other possibilities. I think such attitude is not going to help him overall, and needs to be a little more considerate of both sides..He mentioned that brittany from JH has been notified of this thread and possibly reading it. I don't think blaming someone of deception is going to make them help you more, and possibly have the opposite effect. I would not be happy if someone was blaming me of deception esp. when I am still trying to find the items and figure out exactly what happened. 

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #150 of 228
Like stated earlier, I will request the signature from when JHA signed for my impressions and hopefully it should not take long for me to get and we can see how the packages are signed for and as far as me accusing Brittany of deception, I did not mean it to come out this way as I'm just replying to people when they say JHA giving a ship estimate does not mean they had the package as to me that's exactly what I took it for, I could have understood it if it was just once but why would someone then say the customs were going to be delayed and then give a new ship time and say it will now be sent after the holiday if they never even had it In the first place, it just don't really add up to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back