JH Audio have lost my JH16's and UE11's
Dec 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #106 of 228

erm...KruZin, I am siding with JHA on this one because you only see things your way.

Well that is more then obvious from your first post here and it is your right to do as you wish. I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to anymore of your messages as my thread has already been locked once due to your comments and peoples replies to you. Have a nice life my friend.

Dec 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #107 of 228
OP, what was the actual full address that you wrote on the package?

Also, have you started any type of dispute with USPS or the service on your end?  Just because USPS says it was delivered doesn't mean it is so.  I think it makes sense to cover all bases here.  My best guess is that JHA will locate the IEMs.  Given the proximity of the package delivery date and the JHA office move, I would think that a move-related mixup is not outside the realm of possibility.  But you also have to allow for the possibility that USPS screwed up--not because it's fair to JHA, but because you simply cannot yet rule anything out.

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #108 of 228
Just one little thing, Seeing as JH are forum Sponsors would it not make sense that they take the time to post a response to all of the negative comments that have been going on about them here in the last little while so as to give definitive answers instead of just posting on Facebook!

After all,  I would have thought a great deal of their business is derived from members of this site.. Just a thought!

Whatever the problems are it seems they have the wrong person handling customer relations!

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #109 of 228

Quote:

Well that is more then obvious from your first post here and it is your right to do as you wish. I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to anymore of your messages as my thread has already been locked once due to your comments and peoples replies to you. Have a nice life my friend.

Quote:
Just one little thing, Seeing as JH are forum Sponsors would it not make sense that they take the time to post a response to all of the negative comments that have been going on about them here in the last little while so as to give definitive answers instead of just posting on Facebook!

After all,  I would have thought a great deal of their business is derived from members of this site.. Just a thought!

Whatever the problems are it seems they have the wrong person handling customer relations!

it's not like a person looking to buy a $1000 will take time to ask questions and look around on head-fi

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #111 of 228

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

it's not like a person looking to buy a $1000 will take time to ask questions and look around on head-fi

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #112 of 228

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Erm, not sure what you mean by this statement? Of course the consumer must do research but on the whole this company is a golden boy here with a great many fanboys who will  stick by them come what may, I was just suggesting it might be good business practice to give a standard of communication that the high end seeking customer surely deserves with the price they pay!

After all there is at least one small company coming out with similar sounding products at a fraction of the cost and seem to be able to maintain good communications with their customer base!

sorry, poor use of sarcasm there

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #113 of 228

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Erm, not sure what you mean by this statement? Of course the consumer must do research but on the whole this company is a golden boy here with a great many fanboys who will  stick by them come what may, I was just suggesting it might be good business practice to give a standard of communication that the high end seeking customer surely deserves with the price they pay!

After all there is at least one small company coming out with similar sounding products at a fraction of the cost and seem to be able to maintain good communications with their customer base!

sorry, poor use of sarcasm there

Ah, got you!

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #114 of 228

OP, what was the actual full address that you wrote on the package?

Also, have you started any type of dispute with USPS or the service on your end?  Just because USPS says it was delivered doesn't mean it is so.  I think it makes sense to cover all bases here.  My best guess is that JHA will locate the IEMs.  Given the proximity of the package delivery date and the JHA office move, I would think that a move-related mixup is not outside the realm of possibility.  But you also have to allow for the possibility that USPS screwed up--not because it's fair to JHA, but because you simply cannot yet rule anything out.

Hi, I copied the address from there website, they have now changed it on there, I sent it to,
JH AUDIO / ATTN: LAB
1321 APOPKA AIRPORT DV.
UNIT ??? (I cant remember the unit number but it was on there site)
APOPKA
FL32712
USA

I have not got in touch with the postal company here as they have been closed for the holidays but from what I read, you can only start a claim after 30days for overseas packages.
On my last refit I didn't put down the unit number as I copied the return address from the ups box and on that it did not have the unit number so I got a little worried but it still got delivered, guess the post man could tell who it was for without the number just by the name but this time I copied it all from their site like I had did with my impressions and wrote it all in very large capital letters.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #115 of 228
In my experience, USPS International is good for maybe a 90% success rate. However, this is shipping out of the US into other countries, so I can't speak for the reverse. For package deliveries within the US, they're certainly better than 90%, but definitely not 100%. Many times, a mis-delivered package can be recovered from a neighbor. But there are other times where "delivered" packages are never recovered by the intended receiver.

My suggestion would be always to use a proper courier service for anything of nearly that much value. UPS and FedEx are spendy, but their service has never been anything less than spot on, in my experience.

Regarding your emails from JHA, while it doesn't do anyone much good to try to read too much into it, my first guess would be that your order was being confused with another customer's. Consider her use of the word "this", when your order would have been "these" or "they". Or if she was referring to only one of your two items, it would be a little unusual not to specify which one. It would not be the first time this kind of mix-up has happened in the world of customer support, so don't take it as any form of proof that your order was in fact delivered to them. That said, it would be good form for them to come back and clarify their mistake (why they first gave you that info, then later said it wasn't delivered).

Have you inquired about the requirements to be covered under the insurance? Does USPS absolve themselves once the package is "delivered"?

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #116 of 228
anything over $300 I pay for the insurance which is usually reasonable (a couple dollars on $300 the last time I checked). Having said that I can understand the frustration of the OP in this case. I hope you get it resolved.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #117 of 228

Wow very interesting 8 pages read! Gave me an eye openner of JH...Hope thinks get sorted out OP

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #118 of 228
Quote:

Wow very interesting 8 pages read! Gave me an eye openner of JH...Hope thinks get sorted out OP

The only thing JHA should be considered "guilty" of at this point, is misleading the OP into thinking that they did receive his shipment, and then not clarifying how/why they did so.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #119 of 228
one way to minimize these sorts of experience is to make sure you get a proper fit to begin with, especially if you're far from the manufacturer. don't just go to any old audiologist but rather increase your odds of success by going to someone with a good track record, if possible.  fit is critical and many folks who have complained about their experiences with various brands of custom iems could have had issues averted by going to a recommended provider and having first rate impressions made.
could you folks please post your experiences and impressions with audiologists, following the instructions in the first post, here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440466/the-audiologists-impressions-thread-pun-most-definitely-intended

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #120 of 228

Users who are viewing this thread

Back