JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Feb 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #406 of 692

She just arrived, impression later on today or tomorrow. I'll have more photos too and I'll also provided ear fit images. If anyone has questions I'll try and answer some.

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #407 of 692

She just arrived, impression later on today or tomorrow. I'll have more photos too and I'll also provided ear fit images. If anyone has questions I'll try and answer some.

those really are lovely.
i thought i was the more practical guy who didn't care so much for looks.
...well after seeing these sort of tosses that perception into the trash.
that copper inlay mixed alongside the darker colour just rocks.

currently i have the sony mdr 7550...would love to give these a try.

only thing holding me back is some of the CS issues i've read of on here.
and a fellow headier i know said they had QC issues with 2 sets of iems
(faulty first pair, the a return for a replacement...think they were the angies).
and that he'd never again do business with JH....so i'm still reviewing, deciding.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #408 of 692
Some quick Impressions source are my AK100 MKII and Chord Mojo for the moment.

Fiona Apple the Waltz, Miles Davis So What, Rush's Carnies off the Clock Work Angels Album and Smashing Pumpkins Oceania are some of the tracks I played so far. 24/96 except for SP Oceania and Fiona Apples which is only available at 44.1k. 

Mosts of my listening is done on full size cans, Senn HD800 and HiFiMan HE400i so these are really my fist set of high end UIEM.

After adjusting the bass pod to 1 O'clock I settled in and started listening the first impression was WOW the bass is impactful and controlled, I could discern all the bass lines in the music agian very detail and very musical and tight.
On Miles Davies So What, man this track was really killer, horns sounded so detail and with lots of air very extended,   
On the Pumpkins Oceania the guitar details were brought to attention with micro detail like never before. I  am delighted with the way this phone sounds and if going up the Siren line is exponentially that much better, i will try and find a way to audition the the Angie next. If high end IEM are like these I've been missing some music, back to lisetening.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #409 of 692
  Some quick Impressions source are my AK100 MKII and Chord Mojo for the moment.

Fiona Apple the Waltz, Miles Davis So What, Rush's Carnies off the Clock Work Angels Album and Smashing Pumpkins Oceania are some of the tracks I played so far. 24/96 except for SP Oceania and Fiona Apples which is only available at 44.1k. 

Mosts of my listening is done on full size cans, Senn HD800 and HiFiMan HE400i so these are really my fist set of high end UIEM.

After adjusting the bass pod to 1 O'clock I settled in and started listening the first impression was WOW the bass is impactful and controlled, I could discern all the bass lines in the music agian very detail and very musical and tight.
On Miles Davies So What, man this track was really killer, horns sounded so detail and with lots of air very extended,   
On the Pumpkins Oceania the guitar details were brought to attention with micro detail like never before. I  am delighted with the way this phone sounds and if going up the Siren line is exponentially that much better, i will try and find a way to audition the the Angie next. If high end IEM are like these I've been missing some music, back to lisetening.

I think now that you've bought the Rosie, and you're happy with it ... you really shouldn't try the Angie now .

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #410 of 692
I will and if they sound better than ill exchange them, no big deal. The place I purchased them from has a great return policy so no issue. The issue will only be if the difference is worth the difference in cost to me.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #411 of 692
I think now that you've bought the Rosie, and you're happy with it ... you really shouldn't try the Angie now .

I will and if they sound better than ill exchange them, no big deal. The place I purchased them from has a great return policy so no issue. The issue will only be if the difference is worth the difference in cost to me.

Hi everyone! I just took the plunge in my very first over $1000.00 headphones/Earphones, those being the JH Audio Angie's @ $1099.00. This is nuts for me and my sweetheart is not too happy about it, but.....music the way I want to hear it completes me:upside_down::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. So as I am awaiting delivery I will be tenaciously awaiting fellow Head-fiers impressions between the Rosie and the Angie iem's. Any input will be helpful. My preferred sound signature is one that is natural, extended, and with a hint of some vocal forward presentation while keeping sibilance at bay.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #412 of 692
Hi everyone! I just took the plunge in my very first over $1000.00 headphones/Earphones, those being the JH Audio Angie's @ $1099.00. This is nuts for me and my sweetheart is not too happy about it, but.....music the way I want to hear it completes me:upside_down::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. So as I am awaiting delivery I will be tenaciously awaiting fellow Head-fiers impressions between the Rosie and the Angie iem's. Any input will be helpful. My preferred sound signature is one that is natural, extended, and with a hint of some vocal forward presentation while keeping sibilance at bay.

This seems to be the right choice, especially for good vocal presentation. 

I´ll send my Rosie back to the dealer, no love between Rosie and me. In contrast to the Angie there was no "wow" for me, as i first heard Angie, i was attracted by the clarity and the smooth treble.
I then went on to Layla, but i could live with Angie too, it´s an amazing IEM. 

For Rosie, i am disappointed, for a 6-driver configuration with a more balanced approach i would prefer my JH13FP, which has a more resolving presentation and a better soundstage. But i think that Rosie, as an entry level UIEM for AK/JH, will still find friends here.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #415 of 692
Anyone listen to the Roxanne II? I'm very curious as they aren't supposed to have the sibilant issues which were their main flaw to me

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #416 of 692
those really are lovely.

only thing holding me back is some of the CS issues i've read of on here.
and a fellow headier i know said they had QC issues with 2 sets of iems
(faulty first pair, the a return for a replacement...think they were the angies).
and that he'd never again do business with JH....so i'm still reviewing, deciding.

I have to admit, I have been following these new offerings from JH Audio here on head-fi. I previously owned a pair of Roxanne Universals and found the fit to be rather fussy (not that it was about looks, but basically a coupla Frankenstein bolts sticking outta my ears), it was plagued by a coupla QC issues, and the sound never wowed me, strangely and sadly. I bailed on them with the help of eBay and bought a pair of Shure SE846. I did notice the new Universal models do seem smaller and hopefully fit better, and I would love see them get the fit-n-finish and customer service issues sorted out. For all their weirdness, these new models hold a strange appeal to me!

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #417 of 692
Amazon uk has Rosie for £657 right now if anyone wants it. Wish I had the cash.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #418 of 692
I have to admit, I have been following these new offerings from JH Audio here on head-fi. I previously owned a pair of Roxanne Universals and found the fit to be rather fussy (not that it was about looks, but basically a coupla Frankenstein bolts sticking outta my ears), it was plagued by a coupla QC issues, and the sound never wowed me, strangely and sadly. I bailed on them with the help of eBay and bought a pair of Shure SE846. I did notice the new Universal models do seem smaller and hopefully fit better, and I would love see them get the fit-n-finish and customer service issues sorted out. For all their weirdness, these new models hold a strange appeal to me!

The new modals are so much nicer well at least Angie is. I can't speak on the others. I exchanged a total of 4 of the old Angie's for various issues I finally gave up and returned the last pair. On a whim I bought Angie 2 from moon audio and I haven't had one issue not to mention its drastically smaller and fits so much better.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #420 of 692
Anyone listen to the Roxanne II? I'm very curious as they aren't supposed to have the sibilant issues which were their main flaw to me

It's more tolerable but still has the sharpest treble of the Sirens. I love the bass and mids but the treble seems disjointed because of it. Roxy 2 has made some positive changes nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back