JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Nov 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #679 of 692
Got the Layla II now .... man are they big :)

Problem is that the normal 3.5 mm cable is missing, it only came with the 2.5 balanced one (got them from a private seller).

Do you know if its possible to use the 2.5mm balanced cable with an adaptor to 3.5mm ?

Also which replacement cable 3.5 would you recommend ?

THX very much for your help :)

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #680 of 692
  Got the Layla II now .... man are they big :)

Problem is that the normal 3.5 mm cable is missing, it only came with the 2.5 balanced one (got them from a private seller).

Do you know if its possible to use the 2.5mm balanced cable with an adaptor to 3.5mm ?

Also which replacement cable 3.5 would you recommend ?

THX very much for your help :)

Yes, it will work with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Cables wise, you have many choices. I am not a believer of cable affect sound, but bought the moon audio (who creates the original cable for JH Siren Series) black dragon to replace my breaking original 3.5mm cable. Very well made cable.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #681 of 692
Thanks very much, just saw that the standard cable for the Siren Series by Moon Audio is 100 $ , so not that expensive .. thinking to get that one as I am also not a believer in cable affect sound :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #682 of 692
  Thanks very much, just saw that the standard cable for the Siren Series by Moon Audio is 100 $ , so not that expensive .. thinking to get that one as I am also not a believer in cable affect sound :)

It is a nice cable as well. Just a bit thicker than the Black Dragon. I was at the store looking for replacement cable then and they didn't have the standard cable then, or else, I would have bought that as well.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #683 of 692
It is a nice cable as well. Just a bit thicker than the Black Dragon...

You both already made it clear that you are not IC / cable fan-boys
wink.gif
but just for the sake of everyone's potential interest, the "Black Dragon" and standard Siren II cables differ slightly:

From Moonaudio's website:
"The JH Audio stock cable is made of silver plated tinsel wire. This is not to be confused with the silver plated copper design in the Black Dragon IEM headphone cable V2."

beerchug.gif

p.s. I love the stock cables - no microphonics to speak of and the LF attenuation pot(s) is an awesome feature
cool.gif

27156288161_a91f46f2f4_c.jpg

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #685 of 692
Hi,

Roxanne II owner here, been using it for a couple of weeks. Using QP1R and dac/amp TEAC HA-P5.

Loving the set so much as it's a big jump from using monster miles davis trumpet iem straight to samsung note 5 and spotify.

Prior to purchasing I audition it with angie 2 and layla 2 using ak240. To my surprise I actually like how roxanne 2 sounds better than layla 2, hence getting it from the original plan of purchasing layla 2.

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #686 of 692
Hi,

Roxanne II owner here, been using it for a couple of weeks. Using QP1R and dac/amp TEAC HA-P5.

Loving the set so much as it's a big jump from using monster miles davis trumpet iem straight to samsung note 5 and spotify.

Prior to purchasing I audition it with angie 2 and layla 2 using ak240. To my surprise I actually like how roxanne 2 sounds better than layla 2, hence getting it from the original plan of purchasing layla 2.

​I totally agree. I also auditioned the whole J H Audio range last year at the Headroom show in London with my own Questyle QP1R. While I wasn't surprised that it beat the lower priced items in the range I was surprised that I preferred it to the Layla II, which in the UK is around a £1000 more expensive! From what I've read the Roxanne II is the most subjectively balanced model of the range. To me it is the most musical, which for me means : natural tonal balance ,transparency, timing and stereo - this has the best imaging of any IEM I've heard. When I heard it I thought - this is one of the best 'phones, including full size, I'd heard. After a good deal of worrying about the price, what would happen if I lost them or they were stolen I took the plunge and am glad I did. I've had the best part of a year of (combined with the QP1R) mobile bliss! Yes they're very expensive but if you can stretch to a pair go for it! I like the bass setting fairly low - around the 10 'o clock position if you're demoing make sure the dealer  gives you the little screwdriver to adjust the bass setting to your taste. I have found that the Comply Isolation tips work very well.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #687 of 692
FWIW. I don't think the often-raved-about JVC Spiral Dots are worthwhile, at least not for the Sirens. The offset between the bore edge and tip's end is too shallow... . In terms of silicon, the Siren's own silicon are the most balanced sounding and the Spin Fits offer a unique fit, albeit with a very slight artificial bass-boost... .

@both: The SpinFits have a unique design in that they "flex" to fit deeper in the canal. What makes the Spiral Dots different from your average IEM-supplied silicon tip?

Spiral dot tips are just a tad bit smaller than spinfit tips size. The difference is not like another size difference, but it's there. The numbers above are just measurements provided by the manufacturers of the flange diameter so it's not wrong. The tips are just different. I could fit the medium sized spiral dot tip, but they were hurting and the medium small fits me pretty well. For the spinfit tips, I had a hard time fitting the medium and small is just slightly slightly large. If you can fit the medium spinfit tips, you can definitely fit the medium spiral dot tips without problem. They are different tips after all with different thickness and different bore size, so even if the diameter is exactly the same, it's impossible to get the same fit...

So now that I've finally got myself some Spiral Dots I have no idea what all the fuss is all about. 30$ for relatively standard silicon tips...
confused.gif
hmm.
And what's with the dots... ? They cant possibly contribute acoustically as they are hidden by the IEM's bore (at least in the case of the Angies). At best, they make for a better grip (or perhaps just the opposite, make it easier to remove)... .

------

While seal and comfort are key factors, the sonic characteristics of a given tip combined with a specific IEM will also play an important role. Here's my simple comparison. Treble is highly affected by how deep / shallow the bore of the IEM sits underneath the tip. I think material / material's thickness also plays a role.

32165629593_26aba99c5e_b.jpg

32165629783_9a5feceffe_b.jpg

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #689 of 692
Jul 8, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #690 of 692
hi guys...i just found this thread...i'm considering upgrading my FLC 8S to either AK t8ie mkii or the Rosies
(both on sale at local vendor)....looking for something with great detail, separation, balance and bass slam (not overbloated)
for rock, blues, some pop.
using with mojo for portable...initially i do like the rosie's flexible bass dial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back