JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Sep 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #661 of 692
wrong thread

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #663 of 692
Need help!

I wanted to buy Roxanne-II on Amazon.de
These real or fake?!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B01AUVJ126/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1475798323&sr=8-1&keywords=astell+and+kern+roxanne+II&condition=new

Euro 400?!!

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #664 of 692
  Need help!

These real or fake?!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B01AUVJ126/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1475798323&sr=8-1&keywords=astell+and+kern+roxanne+II&condition=new

Euro 400?!!

I would assume they are fake, unless the seller is an authorized dealer. The seller has good feedback though, but there is no way that the price would ever go that low for any JH Audio IEM. Even the new Michelle's are higher than this. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #665 of 692
I noticed similar prices from a few other dealers with different store names every other day. But they were "Just Launced". This one looks like old shop. Still hard to believe. I keep staring at the monitor.

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #666 of 692
  Need help!

These real or fake?!

Euro 400?!!

As the saying goes, "If it seems too good to be true, then it's probably is." 

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #667 of 692

As the saying goes, "If it seems too good to be true, then it's probably is." 

Actually, not really. It was a pricing error, which means that if he had pulled the trigger, he would have been sitting on a 400 roxanne.

Usually, it pays to just abuse possible pricing errors on amazon. For example, amazon UK was selling the sony 1Z for 1k pounds, a mistake which I most certainly wasnt going to let slip by.  "Too good to be true' doesnt really exist on amazon with its buyer's protection program. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #668 of 692
  Actually, not really. It was a pricing error, which means that if he had pulled the trigger, he would have been sitting on a 400 roxanne.

Usually, it pays to just abuse possible pricing errors on amazon. For example, amazon UK was selling the sony 1Z for 1k pounds, a mistake which I most certainly wasnt going to let slip by.  "Too good to be true' doesnt really exist on amazon with its buyer's protection program. 

Yeah sure, but not really in fact.
Third party sellers can also argue a pricing error to refuse a sale, just in case you didn't know.
Amazon has great service, but it is still up to the buyer/seller to finalize the transaction.

Only direct sales from Amazon can sometimes go through the automated system unnoticed.

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #669 of 692

I doubt human error. I have been keeping a hawk eye on a dozen premium products on amazon.de for the last 8 days. Every few hours as many as 6 'Just Launched' shops enter the list of sellers with 60%-80% off price on 'New', then stay there for an hour or two and then disappear along with their whole storefront only to be replaced in the list of sellers by similar new names with similar shocking pricing after an hour or two of no-shocks. There seems to be a pattern which I can't fathom. ALSO, these sellers list their private emails under Seller Details. I captured 15 screenshots of 'human errors' in 5 hours last night. I can attach all 15 pics unless someone stops me for hijacking thread. Shall I?

PM-ed.

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #670 of 692

Yeah sure, but not really in fact.
Third party sellers can also argue a pricing error to refuse a sale, just in case you didn't know.
Amazon has great service, but it is still up to the buyer/seller to finalize the transaction.

Only direct sales from Amazon can sometimes go through the automated system unnoticed.

+1

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #671 of 692
Every time I've jumped on a pricing error on Amazon I received an email shortly after explaining how they couldn't sell me the item for that price.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #672 of 692
Are there any reviews already on the Layla II ... somehow I could not find anything on the web ?

I am thinking about upgrading my Layla I with the Layla II, anyone compared them already and is it worth upgrading ?

Furthermore as I like to buy my stuff mostly second hand I wonder that there is almost no offer for an used Layla II, even it is on the market for now quite longer time or am I totally wrong ?

Lots questions, gentleman but thanks for your help and ideas :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #673 of 692
Are there any reviews already on the Layla II ... somehow I could not find anything on the web ?

I am thinking about upgrading my Layla I with the Layla II, anyone compared them already and is it worth upgrading ?

Furthermore as I like to buy my stuff mostly second hand I wonder that there is almost no offer for an used Layla II, even it is on the market for now quite longer time or am I totally wrong ?

Lots questions, gentleman but thanks for your help and ideas :)

It is better built wise, since it is made from one solid block of titanium.

Cables are much better. It is smaller.

In theory they should sound the same if u attach the same cables on both.

But the smaller size makes it eaier to use and seal.

One more thing, i noticed the carbon version ( owned 2 ) and other friends too, all have bad built quility since it is hard to shape cf. Bores are irregular, some irregularity in the shell itself etc etc.

Going dor layla ii is a wise choice.

Goodluck

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #674 of 692
It is better built wise, since it is made from one solid block of titanium.

Cables are much better. It is smaller.

In theory they should sound the same if u attach the same cables on both.

But the smaller size makes it eaier to use and seal.

One more thing, i noticed the carbon version ( owned 2 ) and other friends too, all have bad built quility since it is hard to shape cf. Bores are irregular, some irregularity in the shell itself etc etc.

Going dor layla ii is a wise choice.

Goodluck

Good summary of the differences.
I wouldn't say that the built quality of version 1 of the whole Siren series is "bad", but there are a few weaknesses, like the cables and nozzles.
Regarding the shell, it's mostly the nozzles as you mention, I have slight differences between the right and left bores of my Angies. Nothing I can really hear sonically, but one of the treble steel tubing is a bit smaller than the other. Looks like manual processing, when version 2 shells and nozzles look like they've been moulded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back