JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,246 of 3,122
Any alternate tip suggestions? I seem to like the sound of the small stock silicone tips, but sometimes one of them will just slip into my ear with no seal.  
I don't know how to search for what would fit these, I prefer silicone over foam and and crisper treble over boomy bass, deep insertion works and (I assume?) I have relatively mid/large canal

Also does anyone have any comfort issues with the angies? I'm not sure if it's just because I'm new to this behind-ear mechanism and will eventually get used to it, or if I'm wearing them wrong, but its a bit bothersome especially when I move around

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,247 of 3,122
Do a thread-search for the keyword "tips" and you shall find lots of suggestions.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,248 of 3,122
  Any alternate tip suggestions? I seem to like the sound of the small stock silicone tips, but sometimes one of them will just slip into my ear with no seal.  
I don't know how to search for what would fit these, I prefer silicone over foam and and crisper treble over boomy bass, deep insertion works and (I assume?) I have relatively mid/large canal

Also does anyone have any comfort issues with the angies? I'm not sure if it's just because I'm new to this behind-ear mechanism and will eventually get used to it, or if I'm wearing them wrong, but its a bit bothersome especially when I move around

I have been using Shure Olives with my Angies with no issues - they fit great and Angie sounds fine with them as long as when I compress the foam, I push back toward the IEM, so there is no obstruction of the sound bores.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,249 of 3,122

For included tips I prefer the small silicone as well because the stock medium is slightly too large. The aftermarket medium SpinFit tip fits slightly better for me than the small stock silicone and is more comfortable with a slightly better seal. I think it's the softer silicone on the SpiFit tip that allows the medium to fit better with more comfort than the stock small.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,250 of 3,122

Concensus in this thread, if I remember correctly, JVC spiral dots or Spinfits. Personally I use spiral dots bcos their wide bore doesn't obstruct the sound tubes.

As for comfort, once you get it right they'll stay in place with a good seal, but won't sit flush with your ears. They stick out quite a bit in fact. That said I have no issues with comfort other than not being able to lie on my side with them.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #1,251 of 3,122
I have different tips, these angies just have a larger.. I don't know what its called.. than my other HF5 fitting tips. I just don't know how to search specifically for tips that will fit the Angies

Quote:

Concensus in this thread, if I remember correctly, JVC spiral dots or Spinfits. Personally I use spiral dots bcos their wide bore doesn't obstruct the sound tubes.

As for comfort, once you get it right they'll stay in place with a good seal, but won't sit flush with your ears. They stick out quite a bit in fact. That said I have no issues with comfort other than not being able to lie on my side with them.

Are these the ones you're talking about? http://www.amazon.ca/VICTOR-EP-FX9L-B-Spiral-Earpiece-Size/dp/B00JSLXPUE

I don't have a problem with the actual monitor itself in my ear, it's the cable that's bugging me going around the back of my ear

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,253 of 3,122
I have different tips, these angies just have a larger.. I don't know what its called.. than my other HF5 fitting tips. I just don't know how to search specifically for tips that will fit the Angies

We are in the Angie thread. If you search for "tips" inside this thread, what sort of tips do you imagine you'll find? Ones that fit Angie, or ones that don't?

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,254 of 3,122
  Are these the ones you're talking about? http://www.amazon.ca/VICTOR-EP-FX9L-B-Spiral-Earpiece-Size/dp/B00JSLXPUE

I don't have a problem with the actual monitor itself in my ear, it's the cable that's bugging me going around the back of my ear

Yup these are the tips. Available in 5 sizes.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,255 of 3,122
Ok la, must get out later get me some Spinfits from Jaben, I've been putting it off forever.

Haha, I read it, but I don't have it either.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #1,256 of 3,122

I have the exact same problem.  I've tried the JVC Spiral Dots, Spinfit, and only the Comply stay in place and perform a good seal.  I don't know if it's the weight of the Angie or not, but they all except the Comply eventually lose seal after a short period.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #1,257 of 3,122
Comply here as well.  Just bought some more direct from them as the Angie-supplied ones are starting to go.  The silicon and SpinFit ones work for a while, and then I can't keep a seal (I use my iems while walking, I'm sure that has something to do with it) and the Spiral Dots will not give me a seal, period.   I bought my UERMs to try to get away from the tip issues, but they have their own fit issues.  The ONLY system I have found that was 100% perfect was the Sensaphonic sleeves on my Shure 846s.  Absolutely great fit.  

I look at this as the price of doing business.  

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,258 of 3,122
  Comply here as well.  Just bought some more direct from them as the Angie-supplied ones are starting to go.  The silicon and SpinFit ones work for a while, and then I can't keep a seal (I use my iems while walking, I'm sure that has something to do with it) and the Spiral Dots will not give me a seal, period.   I bought my UERMs to try to get away from the tip issues, but they have their own fit issues.  The ONLY system I have found that was 100% perfect was the Sensaphonic sleeves on my Shure 846s.  Absolutely great fit.  

I look at this as the price of doing business.  

What's up with your UERM's? They shouldn't be giving you grief.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,259 of 3,122
We are in the Angie thread. If you search for "tips" inside this thread, what sort of tips do you imagine you'll find? Ones that fit Angie, or ones that don't?

sorry newbie here, I didn't know that there was a 'search this thread' option before 
ph34r.gif

my dealer told me the most recent releases of the Angies are '400 series' and the older ones are '200 series'.. Im worried that might make others suggestions with the older versions releases not fit blah, all I could find corresponding to that are comply tips

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,260 of 3,122
Im going to give the spiral dots a chance.. anyone have a size comparison to the stock tips in the Angies? I think I'd fit relatively medium-small of the Angies

I've been using the small for my left ear and the medium for my right. I prefer the small but goes right through my right ear with no seal and its driving me crazy, I never knew my ear cavities were different sizes 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back