JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 19, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,231 of 3,122
Congrats!

Make sure the connector is seated all the way down and then tighten the collar. You may have to do it in a couple stages but it should go all the down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Will do, reassuring to hear
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #1,232 of 3,122
Anyone ordered the Angie custom within this past few months? I really wanna know how long you guys have waited for the customs to arrive.

I've ordered through an authorized retailer in my country and I've been waiting for 4 months now. Before i ordered, they already told me that there's a lot order in the queue to wait for at least 4 months. Last heard that they're moving the factory. Really dying to hear it!

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,234 of 3,122
  Anyone ordered the Angie custom within this past few months? I really wanna know how long you guys have waited for the customs to arrive.

I've ordered through an authorized retailer in my country and I've been waiting for 4 months now. Before i ordered, they already told me that there's a lot order in the queue to wait for at least 4 months. Last heard that they're moving the factory. Really dying to hear it!

I got fitted at the audiologist on 10/9 and she sent the molds out that day.  Angies were delivered on 11/3, but I missed the delivery and got them on 11/4 instead.  I was told to expect 20 business days from when they received the molds, and they came somewhere between 14 and 17 days after they received the molds, depending on how long it took the molds to get to them.

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,236 of 3,122
Dec 19, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,237 of 3,122
could anyone tellin me what the story of the chord mojo , if its a DAC why the source give different sound ? i mean what the diff when you pair  the chord mojo to ak120ii than to pair it with an iphone6  , coz i was thinking insted of getting a dap  like the AK i could use my iphone and use the mojo with it also i can use this mojo as good dac for my laptop and my other systems is that true ? 

any one tried the angie with mojo and iphone ? 

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #1,238 of 3,122
could anyone tellin me what the story of the chord mojo , if its a DAC why the source give different sound ? i mean what the diff when you pair  the chord mojo to ak120ii than to pair it with an iphone6  , coz i was thinking insted of getting a dap  like the AK i could use my iphone and use the mojo with it also i can use this mojo as good dac for my laptop and my other systems is that true ? 

any one tried the angie with mojo and iphone ? 

Honestly, there's waaaaay too much chatter about different sound from different sources with the Mojo. I had it for quite a while before it was launched and used it extensively before I sent it on tour. The sound is pretty much the same between each input. If a different source sounds better or worse it's either because the player isn't decoding the files properly, is adding DSP, or the cables are picking up noise. That's all there is too it. If there is a difference it's got to be 0.0001% and there are a lot of bats typing on Head Fi.

Basically the Mojo sounds the same from the iPhone as it does from and AK player given the same song file playing on both. I've heard both and tested both, but I posted my review before I had the AK240 in my possession. The biggest negative with the iPhone is you need to use the Apple CCK or buy a Lavricable USB to lightning cable to get the digital signal from the iPhone. If you want to know my thoughts about the Mojo with the Angie you can read my review in my signature. Hint, it's incredibly good.

P.S. Yes, you can use the Mojo as a desktop DAC from a computer.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,239 of 3,122
Honestly, there's waaaaay too much chatter about different sound from different sources with the Mojo. I had it for quite a while before it was launched and used it extensively before I sent it on tour. The sound is pretty much the same between each input. If a different source sounds better or worse it's either because the player isn't decoding the files properly, is adding DSP, or the cables are picking up noise. That's all there is too it. If there is a difference it's got to be 0.0001% and there are a lot of bats typing on Head Fi.

Basically the Mojo sounds the same from the iPhone as it does from and AK player given the same song file playing on both. I've heard both and tested both, but I posted my review before I had the AK240 in my possession. The biggest negative with the iPhone is you need to use the Apple CCK or buy a Lavricable USB to lightning cable to get the digital signal from the iPhone. If you want to know my thoughts about the Mojo with the Angie you can read my review in my signature. Hint, it's incredibly good.

P.S. Yes, you can use the Mojo as a desktop DAC from a computer.

wow im gettin one for sure , so excited , reading your review now 
dt880smile.png

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,240 of 3,122
Yes. Any sonic changes in transport will come down to the character of the software, and how it interprets the data. And those other possibilities Relic mentioned.

Chose whatever transport best suits you, and don't worry about. All top-brand DAPs have great audio software. Other than a bad cable, the device's hardware will not make any difference in sound. That's the Mojo's job.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #1,241 of 3,122
What bothers me about the Mojo is that it doesn't seem to matter (sound-wise) if I plug it into my Fiio X1 ($100) or my AK120ll ($1600).  So, realistically, it comes down to storage capacity and UI of the transport device.  So, as I've gone up the ladder of DAPs, from the Colorfly C3 to the DX50 to the X5 to the Pono to the AK, I could have just bought a Mojo (yes, I know it's relatively new, so it wasn't available when I started this buying spree, or even when I went from X5 to Pono) and a nice cable and been done with it.  

The other issue I have with it is that it creates a stack.  I know it's not big, but a stack is a stack is a stack.  Since I listen while walking, size/weight is an issue.  

Six hundred buck, in the realm of what I've already spent on portable equipment, is not a deal breaker.  And the idea of better sound (whatever that means at this level) appeals.  

It's just the, for lack of a better word, unfairness of it.  
angry_face.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #1,242 of 3,122
I bought my first DAP, the X3ii, because I wanted to get away from attaching the Dragonfly 1.2 to a mobile device for better sound. It wasn't until I tried the X5 Classic that I owned a DAP that was as good-sounding as the Dragonfly. Now I'm on the AK120ii, which is wildly better still.

There's no way in hell I'm going backwards, by stacking with the Mojo. I just don't need that in my life.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #1,243 of 3,122
What's nice is it's the time of year where the weather turns cool (never gets cold in SoCal) and when out and about, I often wear a jacket. The AK100/Mojo "stack" fits in a pocket with ease. It may not be as small as my nano 7th/Pico Slim stack - but it is still relatively tiny. And the sound? I have to remind myself the world exists - because it is easy to forget.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,244 of 3,122
I'd love to hear it, someday. :D

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #1,245 of 3,122
One of my partners (business) lives in KC, near the stadium - you never know 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back