JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 31, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #511 of 3,122
Yeah checked it several times. I really don't want to send it away for repair though cos it sounds so good!

Are you sure it's not just the cable?  I had an old Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable and my JH5s kept cutting in and out of my left ear.  When I jiggled the cable it worked.  Replaced the cable and it was fine.  If you have another cable, I would try it before sending it in.

My two cents.

CJ

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #512 of 3,122

Are you sure it's not just the cable?  I had an old Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable and my JH5s kept cutting in and out of my left ear.  When I jiggled the cable it worked.  Replaced the cable and it was fine.  If you have another cable, I would try it before sending it in.

My two cents.

CJ

It's definitely the cable. Only problem is i don't have another JHA compatible cable. If only i had an AK player so i could use the spare cable.

What i fonud was that even after screwing the cable all the way in, the connector can still move in an out a little bit which is probably the reason for it cutting out.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #513 of 3,122

It's definitely the cable. Only problem is i don't have another JHA compatible cable. If only i had an AK player so i could use the spare cable.

What i fonud was that even after screwing the cable all the way in, the connector can still move in an out a little bit which is probably the reason for it cutting out.

Hate to hear others with issues on Angie. I hope you get it worked out quickly. Maybe JHA can send you a replacement cable to try before sending them in for repair.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #514 of 3,122
Things like this is why it's good to find local dealers. If shotgun had this issue, he could go down the street and troubleshoot.

I don't know the connector but I suspect the right and left ones are interchangeable. Swap and see if the issue follows the cable or IEM. Also, if you borrow an ohm meter, you can easily test the cable on and off the IEM.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #515 of 3,122
Received my replacement, today. These are much better.
 - The shells are also symmetrical (in moulding). Right piece on the older one had a thicker neck below the nozzle, that was exerting pressure against concha. 
 - Face plate is also has a convex finish, older one was flat. 

Returned pieces:

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #516 of 3,122
Came home from work, and my Angie was waiting for me. Clearly, I went with the universal. Haven't done customs before, and I didn't want to bother with it this time around.

I'm using JVC Spiral Dots for tips. But I think I'm going to move over to UE600 tips. The bore is not as wide as the Spiral Dots, but wide enough to not obstruct the nozzle in any way, and I get a slightly better seal.

One of the shells has a perfect weave, but the other is a little haphazard. Doesn't really bother me. Both feel amazingly well made in-hand. And both are perfectly comfortable in-ear.

Coming from the ATH-IM03, the first thing I noticed was CLARITY! Well, once I turned the bass down from full to about 2 o'clock. Once I did that... CLARITY! And yes indeed, enough warmth to satisfy me. 2 o'clock is perfect for me. Any less, and it starts to feel thin and cold.

I agree with everyone who mentioned the Angie's texture. It has a marvelous ability to render the texture of ever instrument and voice. It sounds so beautifully natural.

Abby Road was the first album I put on, and I was hearing a lot more background noise than I was used to. I thought maybe it was my X5. When I switched over to Lady Gaga, it was gone. So it was simply the Angie revealing what was always there.
:beerchug:

I'll have all day at work tomorrow to listen further. I'll write plenty more, trust me. :cool:

PS. I love them.

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #517 of 3,122
Glad you're groovin' on them Pinky! When does the AK120ii arrive?

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #519 of 3,122
Sep 3, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #520 of 3,122
big asss angie...hope is huge nozzle does not stuck in my ear canal..

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #521 of 3,122
The AK120ii took Angie to a new realm of incredible. WOW. I've never heard anything quite like this. Angie has left the IM03 in the dust.

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #522 of 3,122
So those washers/whatever they are only fit the Balanced jack. They are sticky on one side, and sort of rubbery. I think maybe they are meant to stabilize the pillar while plugged in. I know on the Impressions Thread for the second gen AK DAPs there has been a lot of talk about the balanced jack becoming loose.

Either way, I am loving my new mobile system.

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #524 of 3,122
Right on!
:beerchug:

This pairing is as close to end-game as I'm liking to reach anytime soon. It's THAT good.

Sep 5, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #525 of 3,122
PinkyPowers, could you please run down the differences you hear between the AK120ii vs the X5 with the Angie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back