JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 22, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #61 of 3,122
No issues with quality control here. The Angies are unbelievable. Very clear, detailed and no harshness to be found. I am using them with a modified Hugo and fiio X5. The soundstage is pretty much equal to my HE-560.

Modified Hugo?  Do tell, unless you don't want to.
And as for me, still waiting to hear from A&K about my right earpiece.
Between JH and AK, I'll have to take back by force, the 846s I passed to my son.

May 23, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #62 of 3,122
Hi , just wondering if someone can help me to decide between the Angie and JH 16 pro , they both have 8 drivers , wondering which one has better sounding , i read the jh 16 pro has more bass but i dont know about the angie ... thank you ..appreciate for the help.

May 23, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #63 of 3,122
Hi , just wondering if someone can help me to decide between the Angie and JH 16 pro , they both have 8 drivers , wondering which one has better sounding , i read the jh 16 pro has more bass but i dont know about the angie ... thank you ..appreciate for the help.

From what I've read the JH 16 pro is tuned more for mainstream and the Angie is tuned more for reference when comparing the two. I haven't heard the JH 16 pro by the way just reading a lot before buying the Angie. The same Freqphase and sounDrive technologies are in both so it's more a matter of tuning in my opinion.

For what it's worth my Angie's sound sublime........ cohesive, fast, detailed, balanced, and the bass is very well textured and extends low. If I want more bass I turn it up on the cable and it doesn't fall apart until the last little bit on the dial.

May 23, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #64 of 3,122
Unless you're a certified bass head, buy the Angie. JH13 is a lot closer to neutral than the JH16. Angie has extra tweeters for Jerry's patent on achieving his take on that range. The JH16 has extra woofers with significantly extra bass quantity for situations that need it or a preference for those that want that sig.

May 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #65 of 3,122
From what I've read the JH 16 pro is tuned more for mainstream and the Angie is tuned more for reference when comparing the two. I haven't heard the JH 16 pro by the way just reading a lot before buying the Angie. The same Freqphase and sounDrive technologies are in both so it's more a matter of tuning in my opinion.

For what it's worth my Angie's sound sublime........ cohesive, fast, detailed, balanced, and the bass is very well textured and extends low. If I want more bass I turn it up on the cable and it doesn't fall apart until the last little bit on the dial.

Also, from what I've read, Angie and her new big sister have moved to newly designed drivers over the Roxannes and older.

May 23, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #66 of 3,122
Modified Hugo?  Do tell, unless you don't want to.
And as for me, still waiting to hear from A&K about my right earpiece.
Between JH and AK, I'll have to take back by force, the 846s I passed to my son.

The Hugo was modified with bigger Caps and proprietary ERS application to the XILINX chip, USB inputs and other areas. I bought my Hugo when it first came out so the opening in the case for the RCA were made bigger so I can use any Interconnect.

May 23, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #67 of 3,122
my left cable is starting to short out near the earpiece end somewhere in the memory wire.... and just read on their website that cables aren't covered under warranty and a new one from jha is 65... Are there any decent aftermarket options near that price??

I have the old oem cable they used for the JH line for my W4R and unfortunately that is a reoccurring issue with the memory wire from most brands. That issue only occurs for my right ear and not the left ear memory wire. That being said, it usually takes more than day for the cable to unwind. Also the right IEM seems to be missing the metal ring for one of the drivers. Other than the bass which I need to experiment with the correct tips for a good seal, the Angie remind me of my HD 800s. I'll review the Angie plus the the MK100II when I'm not mobile.

May 26, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #68 of 3,122
I receive Angie 6 days ago and I giving more impressions now. I burn in Angie every day 8 hours more or less and I not listening difference after burn in yet.

I like the iem a lot and I like bass setting in 1 o'clock position but sometimes I like 2 o'clock too. It's very very nice because mids is never affected in bad way absolutely. The highs and mids highs is fantastic because isn't dark like Westone 4 or se530 and isn't bright like er-4s or hd800. Sounds of cymbals is really good and real. The bass is very solid and I like that I can going lower or higher in bass setting.

The Angie sound is very balanced or neutral and this is a dream for me. The hd800 is more soundstage and beautiful in this case but Angie sound is more balanced for me. Is incredible one iem can compare to headphone like hd800.

I only want Angie to be comfortable and seal like Westone 4 but W4 have 4 drivers and Angie 8. Angie is expensive specially in Europe but I recommend this iem a lot. I hoping no problems with drivers and construction of quality in the future.

May 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #69 of 3,122
I receive Angie 6 days ago and I giving more impressions now. I burn in Angie every day 8 hours more or less and I not listening difference after burn in yet.

I like the iem a lot and I like bass setting in 1 o'clock position but sometimes I like 2 o'clock too. It's very very nice because mids is never affected in bad way absolutely. The highs and mids highs is fantastic because isn't dark like Westone 4 or se530 and isn't bright like er-4s or hd800. Sounds of cymbals is really good and real. The bass is very solid and I like that I can going lower or higher in bass setting.

The Angie sound is very balanced or neutral and this is a dream for me. The hd800 is more soundstage and beautiful in this case but Angie sound is more balanced for me. Is incredible one iem can compare to headphone like hd800.

I only want Angie to be comfortable and seal like Westone 4 but W4 have 4 drivers and Angie 8. Angie is expensive specially in Europe but I recommend this iem a lot. I hoping no problems with drivers and construction of quality in the future.

I'd be careful about recommending these to people before experiencing the buck-passing bulls**t one gets when trying to get a defective pair under three weeks old, replaced.  JHA and A&K are both ignoring my emails on the subject, and I fail to understand why my asteemed dealer won't do the same.  They shuffled me on to A&K to deal with the problem.  And I can't find any reference to Angie on JHA, 'cause they must expect A&K to deal with It.
It's too bad because they do sound beautiful.  Guess I may have to eat this mistaken purchase.

May 26, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #70 of 3,122
I'd be careful about recommending these to people before experiencing the buck-passing bulls**t one gets when trying to get a defective pair under three weeks old, replaced.  JHA and A&K are both ignoring my emails on the subject, and I fail to understand why my asteemed dealer won't do the same.  They shuffled me on to A&K to deal with the problem.  And I can't find any reference to Angie on JHA, 'cause they must expect A&K to deal with It.
It's too bad because they do sound beautiful.  Guess I may have to eat this mistaken purchase.

Sorry to hear about your experience. From mine JH were really good to deal with for repairs etc, however ak were horrid

May 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #71 of 3,122

Wow... Are you kidding me? Both JHA and AK are dodging you? That's unbelievable... Have you tried calling either company? In my case, my replacement Angie came today. Weave looks much, much better than the other pair and the shells are the right size. Sound is exactly the same as the previous pair. I'm happy to finally have them but wish I didn't have to jump through so many frickin hoops.

May 26, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #72 of 3,122
Wow... Are you kidding me? Both JHA and AK are dodging you? That's unbelievable... Have you tried calling either company? In my case, my replacement Angie came today. Weave looks much, much better than the other pair and the shells are the right size. Sound is exactly the same as the previous pair. I'm happy to finally have them but wish I didn't have to jump through so many frickin hoops.

Update:  I talked to Tim at A&K  and he's going to get in touch with my dealer.  Hope it helps.

May 26, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #73 of 3,122
it was memorial day weekend... probably lots of catching up to do.

May 26, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #74 of 3,122

Update:  I talked to Tim at A&K  and he's going to get in touch with my dealer.  Hope it helps.

I really hope you can get this sorted soon without much more hassle. Doesn't seem right at all from your dealer and I'm surprised that JH/AK are passing the buck.

May 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #75 of 3,122
here's my take on this.
It's AK product sourced from JHA. I wouldn't expect JH to address this directly with a customer. While they are responsible for any defects, not so much for direct customer service on universals, especially outside the US. JH is cutting their margin and giving it to AK for marketing, sales and service reasons. It's their responsibility ...via their sales network.

This is clearly in the dealer's court. He knows which distributor he got them from and made his profit. He has direct access to that distributor and should be handling this for you. If the importer in your area doesn't do direct sales, their customer service may be dealer based. That dealer should be expediting this process for you. The point of having dealers is access to both product AND service for customers. If you're not getting that, return them and buy them elsewhere, even if they cost a bit more. At least that's what I'd do.

A lot of service good and bad will be by region and distributors which generally aren't factory owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back